Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Lieberman, former Connecticut senator, 2000 vice presidential nominee, dead at 82

Grim Reaper 6

First Jewish American to be nominated on a major party’s ticket, died Wednesday at 82. "Former United States Senator Joseph I. Lieberman died this afternoon, March 27, 2024, in New York City due to complications from a fall," his family said in a statement. "He was 82 years old. His beloved wife, Hadassah, and members of his family were with him as he passed." "Senator Lieberman's love of God, his family, and America endured throughout his life of service in the public interest," the family said. Lieberman's funeral will be held on Friday, March 29, 2024, at Congregation Agudath Sholom in his hometown of Stamford, Connecticut. Lieberman was a longtime member of the U.S. Senate from 1989 to 2013.

Joe Lieberman, former Connecticut senator, 2000 vice presidential nominee, dead at 82 (msn.com)

• Sad 3

R.I.P.  Seemed like a nice and rational guy.  Back when Democrats were reasonably sane.

• Thanks 2

Once my father stopped me as we were walking down some steps.  He said, "I just wanted to explain to you why I walk so slowly.  Don't  look where you are going!  Look where your feet are going. I'm always looking down.  At my age, I cannot afford to fall."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, joc said:

Once my father stopped me as we were walking down some steps.  He said, "I just wanted to explain to you why I walk so slowly.  Don't  look where you are going!  Look where your feet are going. I'm always looking down.  At my age, I cannot afford to fall."

That is two of us JOC, my back is so bad a fall could paralyze me for the rest of my life!!!:yes:

• Sad 1

May Joseph I. Lieberman rest in peace and my sympathy goes out to his family!!!!!!!:cry:

There is a high correlation with falls and deaths of the elderly.  Definitely not something to take lightly.  Something like 21-22% of elderly die within a year of a hip fracture.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

There is a high correlation with falls and deaths of the elderly.  Definitely not something to take lightly.  Something like 21-22% of elderly die within a year of a hip fracture.

I am only 64, but I fractured 3 of my Lower spinal vertebrae while in the military. I have had multiple surgeries and they have not been able to really correct the problem so the last thing I need is too fall.:yes:

• Like 2