Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House of Representatives is wracked by dysfunction as members who are plotting their exits

Grim Reaper 6

Posted (edited)

The House continues to hemorrhage membership as it struggles with infighting, dysfunction and a lack of productivity that has infuriated lawmakers in both parties.

Why it matters: A string of early Republican resignations has brought the chamber to the brink of flipping to Democrats.

• One House Republican told Axios they have "heard a few" colleagues muse about leaving early, quipping, "Heck… even I'd have to consider."
  • "Most all of us are contemplating leaving," said another GOP lawmaker.

Between the lines: Retiring members point to both the recent chaos and a longstanding drop in productivity and bipartisanship, with House Republicans privately complaining about their more bombastic colleagues.

• "We are sacrificing time away from family and making more money in the private sector for the vanity of a few people (on both sides) that want to raise money and their media profiles," said one House Republican.
  • "The vast majority of members came to make a difference. We understand the utility of posturing and politics for the goal of governing. That's not what's going on anymore though. The inmates are running the asylum," the lawmaker added.

House wracked by dysfunction as members plot exits (msn.com)

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to House of Representatives is wracked by dysfunction as members who are plotting their exits

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

The House continues to hemorrhage membership as it struggles with infighting, dysfunction and a lack of productivity that has infuriated lawmakers in both parties.

Why it matters: A string of early Republican resignations has brought the chamber to the brink of flipping to Democrats.

• One House Republican told Axios they have "heard a few" colleagues muse about leaving early, quipping, "Heck… even I'd have to consider."

Between the lines: Retiring members point to both the recent chaos and a longstanding drop in productivity and bipartisanship, with House Republicans privately complaining about their more bombastic colleagues.

• "We are sacrificing time away from family and making more money in the private sector for the vanity of a few people (on both sides) that want to raise money and their media profiles," said one House Republican.
  • "The vast majority of members came to make a difference. We understand the utility of posturing and politics for the goal of governing. That's not what's going on anymore though. The inmates are running the asylum," the lawmaker added.

When the going gets tough, Republicans bail. Did it ever occur to them to stand up, and call out the radicals in their midst? Not that I care that they're weakening their own party. But for heavens sake, grow a set, and name the worst of the lot at the very least. If it comes from fellow Republicans, it would carry a hell of a lot more weight amoungst voters.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

When the going gets tough, Republicans bail. Did it ever occur to them to stand up, and call out the radicals in their midst? Not that I care that they're weakening their own party. But for heavens sake, grow a set, and name the worst of the lot at the very least. If it comes from fellow Republicans, it would carry a hell of a lot more weight amoungst voters.

I agree with you Hank, I mean the sane Republicans in the House outnumber the crazies at least two to one so I don't understand it either!!!:no:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree with you Hank, I mean the sane Republicans in the House outnumber the crazies at least two to one so I don't understand it either!!!:no:

Perhaps it's because so many of them have skeletons in their closets that quitting is the only option.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Perhaps it's because so many of them have skeletons in their closets that quitting is the only option.

That makes perfect sense Hank, I never thought about it that way!!!!!:tu:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That makes perfect sense Hank, I never thought about it that way!!!!!:tu:

We know many of them are owned by Putin, but how many is the question. We know Trump is bought, that's an easy one. Probably all of the ones who supported the stolen election lie, and actively engaged in it are also traitors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

We know many of them are owned by Putin, but how many is the question. We know Trump is bought, that's an easy one. Probably all of the ones who supported the stolen election lie, and actively engaged in it are also traitors.

I don't think everyone who supported that theory is in Putin's pocket, but many may certainly be. I have no doubt that some of the MAGA Representatives are spies and if I am right, they certainly are traitors!!!!!:yes:

• Like 1

We are simply witnessing the disintegration of the Republican portion of the Uniparty.  They can see the writing on the wall and know that they will be shown the door by Trump supporters, soon enough so they're bailing while they can cause maximum problems for MAGA members.  So be it.  Let the Ds get the blame for the last 6 months or so before the election.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

The great problem is that the ones who leave are the few remaining sane GOP, and the ones who remain are a pack of hooting howler monkeys.  The GOP and the USA absolutely MUST do better than this depraved clown show.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

The great problem is that the ones who leave are the few remaining sane GOP, and the ones who remain are a pack of hooting howler monkeys.  The GOP and the USA absolutely MUST do better than this depraved clown show.

Yea it is Depraved, Narcissistic, and Paranoid Freak Show! And your right America must do much better than this or Democracy will disappear, and our government will end up looking like Russia. 

JIMHO

• Like 1

Just now, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yea it is Depraved, Narcissistic, and Paranoid Freak Show! And your right America must do much better than this or Democracy will disappear, and our government will end up looking like Russia. 

JIMHO

Honestly, there are problems among the Dems too.  Nobody but the woke extremists are on board with the woke extremists, but somehow they are dominating left wing debate for the worse.  Nevertheless, the GOP response to this seems to be to elect the special ed class.  I am surprised that the GOP don't front up to Washington together in a special short bus.  "This is Marjorie.  Be nice to her because she is special.  Marjorie gets things wrong, and she always listens to her intrusive thoughts".

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Honestly, there are problems among the Dems too.  Nobody but the woke extremists are on board with the woke extremists, but somehow they are dominating left wing debate for the worse.  Nevertheless, the GOP response to this seems to be to elect the special ed class.  I am surprised that the GOP don't front up to Washington together in a special short bus.  "This is Marjorie.  Be nice to her because she is special.  Marjorie gets things wrong, and she always listens to her intrusive thoughts".

While there certainly are many problems among the Democrats, there is no comparison to the current state of the Republican Party. I have been a Republican my entire life and I have never seen the Republican so dysfunctional / fractured as it is today due to Donald Trump. I also agree that currently the House is full of special education student. I also agree Green should be left alone and encouraged because she is an idiot and very destructive to the Republican party. So, whether she is aware of it or not she is supporting the democrats.

JIMHO

Posted (edited)

Mitt Romney said he was leaving back in September and a whole lot more. He does not like Trump. Our Republican Senator left too last year. This has been going on for a while. 

Mitt Romney announces he won’t seek reelection as he calls for ‘new generation of leaders’ | CNN Politics

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, and-then said:

We are simply witnessing the disintegration of the Republican portion of the Uniparty.  They can see the writing on the wall and know that they will be shown the door by Trump supporters, soon enough so they're bailing while they can cause maximum problems for MAGA members.  So be it.  Let the Ds get the blame for the last 6 months or so before the election.

I don't see or hear them blaming Ds. Just you. Run for office and-then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

The radicals? A 1.2 trillion dollar budget is radical. No it’s evil. Stabbing your constituents in the back after all the BS promises they made I wish I could say was radical, but unfortunately it’s the norm. 

They can’t account for a great deal of the trillions they already spent. They pretend to have no idea what happened with all the money they sent to Ukraine. Thats cause a great deal of it was laundered back to the establishment types for campaigns. That bill is treason.