Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Searching for industrial hemp in the U.S. information

Lucia62

Since industrial hemp has been legalized for a couple years, I am wondering if any members here would have some information that is reputable. I have been searching for news concerning any growth of factory and other employment since hemp can provide many uses and items. And it could decrease importing manufactured goods, it could be made in the U.S.  Any links would be helpful to me, Thanking and appreciating in advance.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lucia62 said:

Since industrial hemp has been legalized for a couple years, I am wondering if any members here would have some information that is reputable. I have been searching for news concerning any growth of factory and other employment since hemp can provide many uses and items. And it could decrease importing manufactured goods, it could be made in the U.S.  Any links would be helpful to me, Thanking and appreciating in advance.

Why Hemp?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why hemp?

I think that I became interested in hemp because paper products could be made from it, instead of killing more trees. And I have read that it is strong and lasts a long time. It grows quickly and does not need to be sprayed to deter bugs from damaging it. I think that it has been used in countries for a lot of things including health products from the seed and oil.

Edited by Lucia62
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It exists but isn't that wide spread.  There are some companies like: American Hemp | Animal Bedding, Mulch, Composites, & Textiles – American Hemp LLC

Farmers organizations: Hemp Fiber and Grain Association (hfga.io)

And even college publications: Industrial Hemp Production (psu.edu)

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but some of the links above are educational and have further links to other sources of information.

• Like 2

@Gromdor Thank you I am sure this will help. 😊

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lucia62 said:

And a crap load of rope. I've made some lengths (50ft.) from my grow ops. It's real easy to work with. Almost as easy as sinew, but without all the prep work.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lucia62 said:

I see your point and it may work for items that require durability. Matter of fact is that even our prehistoric ancestors made rope from Hemp, and it is still Being used today for and other similar items such as twine.

Thanks

• Like 2