Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Georgia GOP Official Who Whined About Stolen Election Voted Illegally Nine Times

Grim Reaper 6

A judge ruled on Wednesday that the first vice chairman of Georgia’s Republican Party, who’d made public claims about widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election, voted illegally nine times, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Brian K. Pritchard, who hosts a conservative talk show, was accused of illegally voting in Georgia while serving probation after pleading guilty to felony check forgery in Pennsylvania in 1996. Pritchard claimed that he believed his probation had already ended when he registered to vote in Georgia, 

Georgia GOP Official Who Whined About Stolen Election Voted Illegally Nine Times (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

If convicted on the evidence, put his cheating ass in jail.  BUT, do the same to every other cheating b******...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, and-then said:

If convicted on the evidence, put his cheating ass in jail.  BUT, do the same to every other cheating b******...

I agree with you put his ass in jail, however I am interested in the bolded comments above. Is there anything or anyone your specifically identifying??:D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree with you put his ass in jail, however I am interested in the bolded comments above. Is there anything or anyone your specifically identifying??:D

Congress and the Senate would be a good start 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Congress and the Senate would be a good start 😉

That is very true and it would be a great, however I was looking for a more specific event or person. It occurred to me that he had something specific in mind.:D

• Haha 1

Wondering how many people will misunderstand the poorly worded headline... wondering how intentional the poor headline is! Will watch this thread with interest, thanks for sharing. 

• Confused 1

Every accusation is an admission of guilt. 

• Like 1

It's poetic that the thieving vice chairman of the "party of law and order" (only ever ironic at this point) in Georgia, performatively concerned with voter fraud, committed voter fraud himself.

Well, at least he's an expert on it.

And at least he didn't vote illegally 9 times in the 2020 election. That would have been funny though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Wondering how many people will misunderstand the poorly worded headline... wondering how intentional the poor headline is! Will watch this thread with interest, thanks for sharing. 

There is nothing misleading at all about the headline. In Georgia the state reserves the right to refuse Felons the right vote if they are in prison or if they are on probation they are not allowed to vote until their probation is finished approved. Brian K. Pritchard, voted without reporting that he was on probation for a Felony, and he voted 9 times violating the law described above.

So maybe the problem isn't caused by being poorly worded, maybe the problem is not understanding United States, state law and reading comprehension.;)

Below is a link that describes Georgia voting laws,

Can I Vote if I am a Felon in Georgia: Can I Vote if I am a Felon in Georgia? | Atlanta Criminal Defense Attorneys (peachstatelawyer.com)

JIMHO

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

For anyone curious on what actually happened there is this which details what he actually did.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/georgia-gop-vice-chairman-voted-9-times-while-serving-felony-sentence-court-record-shows/EZAVZJPUVFDWFDOZF5GXJZIPRQ/

Basically the guy pled guilty to check forgery in 1996 and was put on three year probation.  Near the end of his probation in 1999 due to entering false statements into court it got extended another three years to 2002.  Then in 2002 his probation got extended again another two years, cause is listed as unknown so it's not clear why.  In 2004 once again near the end of his probation it got extended again, this time for failure to check in.  By the time of 2008 to 2009, when he votes in nine seperate elections, he was still on probation for the original check forgery and claimed he was not aware his probation was still ongoing.

The article from the Daily Beast is a bit misleading as the wording tries to imply his illegal voting nine times occured in a single election by not mentioning it was nine seperate elections over a two year time period.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

The article from the Daily Beast is a bit misleading as the wording tries to imply his illegal voting nine times occured in a single election by not mentioning it was nine seperate elections over a two year time period.

Eh, whatever. I think there's a Herculean effort being made to paint this story about a GOP committing voter fraud as "misleading" in some way. Which is silly, because it's pretty cut and dry.

Between 2008 and 2009, Pritchard voted in nine separate Georgia elections in Gilmer County.

EDIT: the Daily Beast article doesn't mention that, does it. Whoops. Carry on.

I seem to need to learn to read.

Edited by Doc Socks Junior
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

There is nothing misleading at all about the headline.

The headline attempts to link the claims of election fraud to the act of voting illegally ("Georgia GOP Official Who Whined About Stolen Election Voted Illegally Nine Times"). By tying in the stolen election claims and not clarifying any dates, anyone who reads the headline and only the headline will likely arrive at the wrong conclusion that Brian K. Pritchard tried to steal the 2020 election himself by voting 9 times in 2020. You need to actually read the article to clarify that he registered to vote while a felon 28 years ago and then subsequently voted in 9 separate elections (and even then, the details are unclear, I had to use other sources to clarify that he did in fact vote in multiple elections). Thus we got an inflammatory scandal implying he tried to steal the election, rather than a much less inflammatory story about someone who registered to vote incorrectly and then either misunderstood the terms of his parole (his story) or knowingly contributed his vote as a registered felon (the Prosecutor's story). The judge seems to have sided with the prosecutor, and arguably that's a very fair ruling. But it's nowhere near as inflammatory as stealing elections. 

Edit: Meant to include this but forgot - if you don't think the impact of headlines is important, remember that very close to 60% of people don't read past headlines

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

By pushing an incorrect narrative of voter fraud in 2020, Pritchard, a past fraudulent voter, was in fact trying to steal the election.

The More You Know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

By pushing an incorrect narrative of voter fraud in 2020, Pritchard, a past fraudulent voter, was in fact trying to steal the election.

The More You Know!

To the same extent that @and-then is stealing the election. Not really sure that's newsworthy, mate :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

The headline attempts to link the claims of election fraud to the act of voting illegally ("Georgia GOP Official Who Whined About Stolen Election Voted Illegally Nine Times"). By tying in the stolen election claims and not clarifying any dates, anyone who reads the headline and only the headline will likely arrive at the wrong conclusion that Brian K. Pritchard tried to steal the 2020 election himself by voting 9 times in 2020. You need to actually read the article to clarify that he registered to vote while a felon 28 years ago and then subsequently voted in 9 separate elections (and even then, the details are unclear, I had to use other sources to clarify that he did in fact vote in multiple elections). Thus we got an inflammatory scandal implying he tried to steal the election, rather than a much less inflammatory story about someone who registered to vote incorrectly and then either misunderstood the terms of his parole (his story) or knowingly contributed his vote as a registered felon (the Prosecutor's story). The judge seems to have sided with the prosecutor, and arguably that's a very fair ruling. But it's nowhere near as inflammatory as stealing elections. 

Well Dark Hunter explained it perfectly according to what I had already read. The guy's statement that he didn't know he was on Parole does not wash, in fact his Parole was reinstated multiple time because he violated it, the last violation was because he didn't report for Parole. SO, twist the story anyway you choose the guy illegally voted in Georgia 9 times because he was on parole, in the United States ignorance of the law doesn't excuse anyone's behavior maybe it does in Australia I don't know.

2 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

To the same extent that @and-then is stealing the election. Not really sure that's newsworthy, mate :lol: 

No not to the same extent. If AT was a talk show radio host as well as being an official of his state's party, the situations would be comparable.

And even then of course, a Republican lying about voter fraud isn't even really a news story these days except that he was both a felon and illegal voter himself.

So, you were wrong on both counts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well Dark Hunter explained it perfectly according to what I had already read.

I noticed. His post submitted while I was in the middle of composing my reply. I'd already written my whole post by the time I saw his reply. 

The guy's statement that he didn't know he was on Parole does not wash, in fact his Parole was reinstated multiple time because he violated it, the last violation was because he didn't report for Parole.

No disagreement with these facts.  I don't think his statement washes, either. 

SO, twist the story anyway you choose the guy illegally voted in Georgia 9 times because he was on parole, in the United States ignorance of the law doesn't excuse anyone's behavior maybe it does in Australia I don't know.

I did not, have not, am not, and will not argue that this guy didn't vote illegally! No twisting necessary - what he did was wrong, it was illegal.

That doesn't change the misleading nature of the headline, which you may have missed my edit, but I forgot to include in my last post that headlines are important because very close to 60% of readers don't go beyond headlines

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I noticed. His post submitted while I was in the middle of composing my reply. I'd already written my whole post by the time I saw his reply. 

No disagreement with these facts.  I don't think his statement washes, either. 

I did not, have not, am not, and will not argue that this guy didn't vote illegally! No twisting necessary - what he did was wrong, it was illegal.

That doesn't change the misleading nature of the headline, which you may have missed my edit, but I forgot to include in my last post that headlines are important because very close to 60% of readers don't go beyond headlines

Thank you for your Candor!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

No not to the same extent. If AT was a talk show radio host as well as being an official of his state's party, the situations would be comparable.

So he's as responsible for stealing the election as conservative comedians such as JP Sears (which would be equally non-newsworthy). Incidentally, if you like humour, JP is very good at poking fun at his own political beliefs too, his recent commentary on Conservatism is worth the view if you have the time :lol: "I'm a Conservative, that's why I support the Constitution even though I only know what the first two amendments are... are there more than two?". "I'm a conservative, I hate propaganda, that is why I only ever watch FOX News". 

12 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

And even then of course, a Republican lying about voter fraud isn't even really a news story these days except that he was both a felon and illegal voter himself.

So, you were wrong on both counts.

Oh, this again :sleepy: 

Edited by Paranoid Android

So he's as responsible for stealing the election as conservative comedians such as JP Sears (which would be equally non-newsworthy). Incidentally, if you like humour, JP is very good at poking fun at his own political beliefs too, his recent commentary on Conservatism is worth the view if you have the time :lol: 

People with a large audience pushing incorrect things to their large audience is bad.

The locally-online crank posting his fantasies to a few regulars? Bad, but less so.

And, they're different situations. Pretty easy to understand.

Nah, it's never worth watching your YouTube videos.

Oh, this again :sleepy: 

There's an easy way to fix this, chief. Just stop needing to be corrected. Might have to lay off the YouTube for a while, though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

People with a large audience pushing incorrect things to their large audience is bad.

The locally-online crank posting his fantasies to a few regulars? Bad, but less so.

And, they're different situations. Pretty easy to understand.

They're both public figures, that seems to be the distinction you were making. If I mistook the distinction can you clarify what the distinction you were attempting to suggest. Otherwise I argue Brian K Pritchard and JP Sears are comparable figures who both question the election. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Nah, it's never worth watching your YouTube videos.

Your loss. It's just a comedy sketch series. It's not his funniest one, but he's making fun of conservative extremism (or perhaps making fun of media stereotypes of what a conservative is, depending on how you view it), and of all the videos he makes this is the kind I think progressives will appreciate the most as you don't even need to change your perspective - just pretend that the conservative extremist views is what you think all conservatives are anyway :lol: 

"I'm a conservative, that's why I believe any conspiracy theory as long as it supports my preconceived narrative" 

They're both public figures, that seems to be the distinction you were making. If I mistook the distinction can you clarify what the distinction you were attempting to suggest. Otherwise I argue Brian K Pritchard and JP Sears are comparable figures who both question the election.

You said that Pritchard was like our darling 'local' crank @and-then. I explained why that wasn't the case.

A third figure was introduced, apparently some comedian. If he's pushing false voter fraud claims to his followers, then I would say that's bad, similar to felon fraudster Pritchard. It's also worth noting that what a 'comedian' says is different than other media figures. It's why Jon Stewart and company receive my dislike as well.

Neither are like our local example.

Your loss. It's just a comedy sketch series. It's not his funniest one, but he's making fun of conservative extremism (or perhaps making fun of media stereotypes of what a conservative is, depending on how you view it), and of all the videos he makes this is the kind I think progressives will appreciate the most as you don't even need to change your perspective - just pretend that the conservative extremist views is what you think all conservatives are anyway  

"I'm a conservative, that's why I believe any conspiracy theory as long as it supports my preconceived narrative" 

Ah, I might need to be a progressive to find this one funny then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

You said that Pritchard was like our darling 'local' crank @and-then. I explained why that wasn't the case.

A third figure was introduced, apparently some comedian. If he's pushing false voter fraud claims to his followers, then I would say that's bad, similar to felon fraudster Pritchard. It's also worth noting that what a 'comedian' says is different than other media figures. It's why Jon Stewart and company receive my dislike as well.

Neither are like our local example.

He has suggested that a stolen election is likely.  But unlike your allegations from the past, I don't get my opinions from YouTube, so him believing that doesn't mean I believe this.

1 hour ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Ah, I might need to be a progressive to find this one funny then.

Not what I said,  I laughed out loud several times through the clip,  though i am more progressive than your typical conservative, i think most would find it amusing. 

If you wish to interpret this as "I might need to be a progressive to find this one funny", that says much about you, mate. 

Whats scary is a guy like this is a Georgia official and has a talk show.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Razman said:

Whats scary is a guy like this is a Georgia official and has a talk show.

Thank you, and I bet that many people who voted him into office never were aware that they were voting in a CONVICTED FELON!!!!:angry:

• Like 1