Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Do Women Like Men With Dad Bods?

OverSword

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

I've worked at different gyms for years...

I've seen quite a few married attractive women alone at the gym while Dad bod is at home with the kids...

They have never seemed too leary of any toxicity or athletic males either.

Not sure what you're getting at.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Not sure what you're getting at.

Sorry just saying,some of these studies,polls, surveys,ect.are just kind of silly is all...

Edited by CrimsonKing
Addition
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Sorry just saying,some of these studies,polls, surveys,ect.are just kind of silly is all...

Oh, most definitely.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 10:55 AM, OverSword said:

Maybe I can cut back at the gym :D

Link

I like dad bods.  They're MUCH more comfortable to snuggle with.  And they're nice and warm.  

Just lovely!  ❤️

Interestingly enough, what I've seen from the "pickup artists" and "MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way)" and incels about what women supposedly prefer really misses the mark by a considerable amount.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/30/2024 at 9:52 AM, joc said:

I think it is because most women plan to become Moms...and then they will have Mom Bods. So, if they are already with someone who has a Dad bod, then they won't feel as threatened when they achieve Mom Bod Status when their G.I. Joe Bod husband goes off to the gym.

Jimminy Christmas... don't any of you have wives and didn't you ask them about the subject?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Humans and story timesshake my head... but then, I guess we have to fill the time between the cradle and crematorium in some way.

16 hours ago, lightly said:

I read the link….  It also states that women prefer men with lower testosterone levels…for the long term.     …how can they tell?  Sense of smell?   He says hello ,before he grabs her?    Make him get a testosterone test?        What the heck is a Dad Bod?  😶      My dad was skinny.          

Yes, you actually CAN smell the testosterone... at least women sure can.

Testosterone tends to increase the desire to take risks -- on the professional level, involved in pro sports or racing or flying (etc.) and can lead to more aggression.  Now... I don't know about you, but I don't want a mate who's a hair-trigger pseudo-Alpha (there's no such thing as an "alpha male").  Men with lower testosterone levels tend to be the kind who will talk out problems rather than shout and rage if there's an issue.

Men with high testosterone levels really aren't as safe to be with as a man with a lower testosterone level... not if you're a woman, not if you're a child.

Now, this isn't true of every man with a high testosterone level but it does tend to fall broadly along these lines.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Good job!!!!!! :tu:  I have no idea what my chest is, waist 33, I workout a lot and watch what I eat. I definitely had a dad bod until a year or two ago. 

Hi OverSword

Thanks, I guess it's just having an active work life that keeps me trim. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Yes, you actually CAN smell the testosterone... at least women sure can.

Testosterone tends to increase the desire to take risks -- on the professional level, involved in pro sports or racing or flying (etc.) and can lead to more aggression.  Now... I don't know about you, but I don't want a mate who's a hair-trigger pseudo-Alpha (there's no such thing as an "alpha male").  Men with lower testosterone levels tend to be the kind who will talk out problems rather than shout and rage if there's an issue.

Men with high testosterone levels really aren't as safe to be with as a man with a lower testosterone level... not if you're a woman, not if you're a child.

Now, this isn't true of every man with a high testosterone level but it does tend to fall broadly along these lines.

Testosterone levels around the world are dropping rapidly from previous generations...

Due to estrogen mimicking compounds in way to many "man made" products,"man" is quickly editing himself out of the gene pool.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

don't any of you have wives and didn't you ask them about the subject?

She just want me healthy and likes my biceps and butt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

She just want me healthy and likes my biceps and butt. 

I asked the gf,she said this poll was no excuse for me to turn into a slob 🤣

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I like dad bods.  They're MUCH more comfortable to snuggle with.  And they're nice and warm.  

Just lovely!  ❤️

Interestingly enough, what I've seen from the "pickup artists" and "MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way)" and incels about what women supposedly prefer really misses the mark by a considerable amount.  

Yeah I much prefer a women to be cuddly, can't see how men find women with no butt attractive either. Years ago my first girlfriend had a big butt and my mates hassled me, now women are getting butt implants so I feel I was a trail blazer, so to speak, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I recall a time when there was a lot of discussion surrounding toxic masculinity and men who worked out. I'm curious if women are now associating dad-bods with less toxic masculinity.

That could be part of the narrative.  The whole thing is based on perception.  I think that a dad bod may be associated with maturity, being more responsible, more thoughtful, etc. in the minds of the females that were part of the study, and therefore more attractive because those qualities make for a better life partner than six pack abs.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Kenemet said:

(there's no such thing as an "alpha male")

That's actually for men to decide and yes there is.  That does not necessarily translate into the guy with the highest T levels but there is also a correlation among females in which a group of females cycles, in close association, will match up with the dominant female.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

That's actually for men to decide and yes there is.  That does not necessarily translate into the guy with the highest T levels but there is also a correlation among females in which a group of females cycles, in close association, will match up with the dominant female.

No, the existence of "alpha males' is not "for men to decide."  Science isn't formed from the decisions of one gender.

Our society and behavior shows that there's no such thing -- status changes situationally and over time (someone could be the leader of a church group, for example, but not the leader of the city (who's elected.  Not chosen by standing around and chest thumping.)  And "dominant female" and menstrual cycles?  That study was based on 135 women; later studies showed that the initial study was not correct: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/myth-truth-period-really-sync-close-friends

Now, "pick up artists" and others like to perpetuate the myth of the Alpha Male to give them some sort of metric on how to approach and win fabulously beautiful women.  It generally doesn't work

And it's a terrible way to run a society.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

No, the existence of "alpha males' is not "for men to decide."  Science isn't formed from the decisions of one gender.

Our society and behavior shows that there's no such thing -- status changes situationally and over time

How is that different than wolf packs or any other hierarchy in nature? 

17 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Now, "pick up artists" and others like to perpetuate the myth of the Alpha Male to give them some sort of metric on how to approach and win fabulously beautiful women.  It generally doesn't work

And it's a terrible way to run a society.

Who said anything about pick up artists?  You must be one of those that buys into the toxic masculinity myth.  There are alpha males and they tend to dominate other men around them and the other men let them.  Even among Chimpanzees the alpha has allies and generally ensures the low guys aren't unhappy.  It's not a hostile thing where one guy beats up the other men and steals all their women.  These people tend to be natural leaders and are liked by their followers.  You see it all the time.  These alpha guys are ones that are the locker room leaders and motivators, the top executives, the winning salesmen, the front man in a band.  Funny about the debunked study since I know a group women that all synched up with our friend Suzie who definitely was the dominant female in my close friend group, it was a bit of a joke for us.  I guess I'll have to tell them they were all wrong :rolleyes:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

That could be part of the narrative.  The whole thing is based on perception.  I think that a dad bod may be associated with maturity, being more responsible, more thoughtful, etc. in the minds of the females that were part of the study, and therefore more attractive because those qualities make for a better life partner than six pack abs.

Possibly, personally, I do not see how you can tell much about a person's personality from their body type though.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Possibly, personally, I do not see how you can tell much about a person's personality from their body type though.  

I know from experience  - watching people as they walk , and by their posture - what kind of character they have.

Not right always, but most times I am.

The way you walk and the way you hold your frame says a lot about what's going on inside of you.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, OverSword said:

How is that different than wolf packs or any other hierarchy in nature? 

Who said anything about pick up artists?  You must be one of those that buys into the toxic masculinity myth.  There are alpha males and they tend to dominate other men around them and the other men let them.  Even among Chimpanzees the alpha has allies and generally ensures the low guys aren't unhappy.  It's not a hostile thing where one guy beats up the other men and steals all their women.  These people tend to be natural leaders and are liked by their followers.  You see it all the time.  These alpha guys are ones that are the locker room leaders and motivators, the top executives, the winning salesmen, the front man in a band.  Funny about the debunked study since I know a group women that all synched up with our friend Suzie who definitely was the dominant female in my close friend group, it was a bit of a joke for us.  I guess I'll have to tell them they were all wrong :rolleyes:

The "alpha male" in wolf packs has been debunked.  Doesn't exist. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-the-alpha-wolf-idea-a-myth/

Yes there are people who put themselves in leadership positions everywhere.  It's situational.  The "winning salesman" isn't top dog everywhere he goes... but an alpha chimp IS top dog everywhere he goes.  In a very simple society with a very small number of roles, you can have a small group of people who dominate everything.  However, humans don't live in tiny family bands like chimps do.

And I'm sure you can find women whose cycles tend to coincide... in small groups.  Doesn't work in larger groups (I went to a women's college.  Lived in the dorms with over 100 other women (roomed together.)  We didn't have synchronized menstrual cycles -- which is in line with what other studies found.

16 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

My wife loved the fact I worked out and competed in martial arts but hate chauvinism, played with flowers and plants, have stuffed animals, liked Peanuts and Pooh, played gently and babied our cats and did other "cute" things. But I learned my "man skills" from my stepmother and had 3 stepsisters who kept me in line and smacked me around when needed.

I noticed though guys I know who grew up between sisters don't suffer toxic masculinity and aren't chauvinist pigs. Even when they are into big time "man things" like competitive logging. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 3/31/2024 at 12:15 PM, Kenemet said:

Jimminy Christmas... don't any of you have wives and didn't you ask them about the subject?

What?!  And expect a straight answer? Like to the question, do these jeans make my butt look fat? :P

• Haha 5

On 3/31/2024 at 1:12 PM, Kenemet said:

Women (not all) do the same with outlandish standards.

I blame the internet cults of ego.

• Like 6

On 3/31/2024 at 12:20 PM, Kenemet said:

Yes, you actually CAN smell the testosterone... at least women sure can

Yeah, we call it sweat!;)

I think generally women ultimately want someone who is going to be there for them when they need it.  Helpers.  Dad bods are just what happens after the routine of paying all those bills starts to become a reality.  A lot of guys 'think' they are alpha males, but the one's who really are...really are...and it doesn't matter what their bod looks like...it's all a mental thing. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Kenemet said:

The "alpha male" in wolf packs has been debunked.  Doesn't exist. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-the-alpha-wolf-idea-a-myth/

Yes there are people who put themselves in leadership positions everywhere.  It's situational.  The "winning salesman" isn't top dog everywhere he goes... but an alpha chimp IS top dog everywhere he goes.  In a very simple society with a very small number of roles, you can have a small group of people who dominate everything.  However, humans don't live in tiny family bands like chimps do.

And I'm sure you can find women whose cycles tend to coincide... in small groups.  Doesn't work in larger groups (I went to a women's college.  Lived in the dorms with over 100 other women (roomed together.)  We didn't have synchronized menstrual cycles -- which is in line with what other studies found.

Just watched a show on PBS about the wolf packs in Yellowstone.  They made it pretty clear there is an alpha couple that runs the pack and does the breeding.  From your own link:

The idea that wolf packs are led by a merciless dictator, or alpha wolf, comes from old studies of captive wolves. In the wild, wolf packs are simply families

Who said anything about a merciless dictator?  Pretty sure I was clear it's a cooperative process.  Maybe read a bit closer :rolleyes:.  If you don't want to refer to those among us who are natural leaders as alpha and those that rarely do more than follow beta then have it your way.  But those sets of individuals exist regardless of your feelings or articles you use attempting to debunk statements I never made.

Now as far as the synching up thing, suddenly you're bringing numbers into the hundreds into it?  I agree, it would be ridiculous to believe that 100 women living together is a large building mainly in separate rooms would biologically synch up.  Anecdotally in my twenties my band and I all lived in the same house for a while and our girlfriends who more or less also lived there claimed they were all in synch.  I don't have a uterus so I can't know for certain how accurate their statement was.  Have a nice day :st 

• Like 3