Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Revisiting God Constructs

Sherapy

Posted (edited)

opps.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

If we look at the concept of an omni-god. Such an entity would require nothing, with zero want and desire due to it being complete. There are also cultural egregore of native religions which could all be seen as lesser god. Even the ones at the top of their hierarchy. Odin, Jehovah, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If we look at the concept of an omni-god. Such an entity would require nothing, with zero want and desire due to it being complete. 

Except that perfection can't be complete, if it doesn't include imperfection.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That's not the discussion and I didn't mention perfection. I stated complete. 

• Thanks 4

43 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If we look at the concept of an omni-god. Such an entity would require nothing, with zero want and desire due to it being complete. There are also cultural egregore of native religions which could all be seen as lesser god. Even the ones at the top of their hierarchy. Odin, Jehovah, etc. 

That’s exactly it, such a deity should it exist need only initiate Creation and all the laws that govern its continuance and essential step back and watch the universe run. There’s absolutely nothing that requires such a deity taking a vested interest in us, that’s entirely human ego that needs a reason to be seen as somehow special. From a universal perspective we’re not! 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

There’s absolutely nothing that requires such a deity taking a vested interest in us

Except that a deity of perfection certainly had a vested interest in us when it included imperfection within itself by creating us.

• Haha 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Except that a deity of perfection certainly had a vested interest in us when it included imperfection within itself by creating us.

No, because your definition of perfection is entirely irrelevant and meaningless in regards to a deity capable of Creation. Yours is a good example of man’s ego stepping in and showing his ignorance. 

cormac

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Yours is a good example of man’s ego stepping in and showing his ignorance. 

Excuse me but your imperfection isn't ignorant, it's SPECTACULAR! :lol:

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Excuse me but your imperfection isn't ignorant, it's SPECTACULAR! :lol:

And the habitually and permanently ignorant version of you who asked us to give you a chance a few days ago is back. You’ll never change, you’re intellectually incapable of it. 

cormac

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And the habitually and permanently ignorant version of you who asked us to give you a chance a few days ago is back. You’ll never change, you’re intellectually incapable of it. 

cormac

What do you mean? I said you were SPECTACULAR. I gave you a compliment! :tu:

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

What do you mean? I said you were SPECTACULAR. I gave you a compliment! :tu:

Your childishness is not a compliment. You get that way every time you hear something you don’t like or understand. Moving on. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2023-05/Ipsos Global Advisor - Religion 2023 Report - 26 countries.pdf
      ^  according to this, about 60% of us are believers… 40% of those have Traditional beliefs…. 20% have left traditional religions behind, But, retain an untraditional, personal belief in some sort of god.    Those percentages are arguable, But, the more interesting point, to me, is it seems to be inherently human to believe… in something more than ourselves alone..or as ourselves being the only portals though which  god  moves.!    It seems to me, most people sense being connected to the whole…because we are.   Sorry to get long winded…But!; I always end up thinking this>   it’s said that the Universe began as a SINGULARITY… which is Expanding.   Does a singularity, ONE become more than ONE if it expands? ?    ?         I dunno, But;  love the topic @Sherapy     ..got my ears on! :P

• Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, lightly said:

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2023-05/Ipsos Global Advisor - Religion 2023 Report - 26 countries.pdf
      ^  according to this, about 60% of us are believers… 40% of those have Traditional beliefs…. 20% have left traditional religions behind, But, retain an untraditional, personal belief in some sort of god.    Those percentages are arguable, But, the more interesting point, to me, is it seems to be inherently human to believe… in something more than ourselves alone..or as ourselves being the only portals though which  god  moves.!    It seems to me, most people sense being connected to the whole…because we are.   Sorry to get long winded…But!; I always end up thinking this>   it’s said that the Universe began as a SINGULARITY… which is Expanding.   Does a singularity, ONE become more than ONE if it expands? ?    ?         I dunno, But;  love the topic @Sherapy     ..got my ears on! :P

Thank you lightly, sounds like eco spirituality. Excellent add to.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Love this, what an intelligent point. Thank you X. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Your childishness is not a compliment. You get that way every time you hear something you don’t like or understand. Moving on. 

cormac

What's particularly spectacular about you is how you are completely unable to control yourself from exposing how much you prefer a reassuring lie over an inconvenient truth. :lol: Can't wait for you to do it again!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

What's particularly spectacular about you is how you are completely unable to control yourself from exposing how much you prefer a reassuring lie over an inconvenient truth. :lol: Can't wait for you to do it again!

Will, you are projecting. You have a habit of this. It is you who prefers to lie, not Mac. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

Will, perfection is elusive due to its inherently subjective nature, varying across individuals, cultures, and contexts. This subjectivity highlights the absence of a universal standard for perfection, making it a concept that is constantly shifting and evolving. The idea of perfection implies a static state of flawlessness and permanence, yet the impermanent, ever-changing nature of existence challenges the notion of a fixed ideal. Human limitations, biases, and errors further complicate the pursuit of perfection, as our subjective experiences and cognitive limitations shape our understanding of the concept. In other words, the dynamic, subjective, and paradoxical nature of perfection as Cormac once again nailed it, suggests that achieving a universally accepted, immutable state of flawlessness remains a distant ideal in a world characterized by change and imperfection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Will, you are projecting. You have a habit of this. It is you who prefers to lie, not Mac. 

A little history. The Proto-Indo European Supreme deity, Dyeus Phater (Sky Father) probably started out as a pantheistic concept. This deity was called Tengri/Tangra (Eternal Blue Sky) by the Turkic-Mongolians and later became Tian (The Heavens) to the Chinese.

It wasn't personified into Zeus and Jupiter until much later when the IE entered Europe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Will, perfection is elusive due to its inherently subjective nature, varying across individuals, cultures, and contexts. This subjectivity highlights the absence of a universal standard for perfection, making it a concept that is constantly shifting and evolving. The idea of perfection implies a static state of flawlessness and permanence, yet the impermanent, ever-changing nature of existence challenges the notion of a fixed ideal. Human limitations, biases, and errors further complicate the pursuit of perfection, as our subjective experiences and cognitive limitations shape our understanding of the concept. In other words, the dynamic, subjective, and paradoxical nature of perfection as Cormac once again nailed it, suggests that achieving a universally accepted, immutable state of flawlessness remains a distant ideal in a world characterized by change and imperfection.

Perfection isn't subjective. It's absolute. It's complete. Look up its definition in a dictionary. 

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

A little history. The Proto-Indo European Supreme deity, Dyeus Phater (Sky Father) probably started out as a pantheistic concept. This deity was called Tengri/Tangra (Eternal Blue Sky) by the Turkic-Mongolians and later became Tian (The Heavens) to the Chinese.

It wasn't personified into Zeus and Jupiter until much later when the IE entered Europe. 

Thank you 💖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Thank you lightly, sounds like eco spirituality. Excellent add to.

Thanks Sherapy,  ya, connected to the organic natural eco-world we are part of and see all around us…But, when I say whole , I mean WHOLE.   :P   

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, lightly said:

Thanks Sherapy,  ya, connected to the organic natural eco-world we are part of and see all around us…But, when I say whole , I mean WHOLE.   :P   

:clap: You’re a clever man. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I see it more like,  the impermanent ,ever-changing nature of existence, IS it’s perfection.  Can anything come to be without change?   A static state .. flawless? permanent?  A static state would be.  .static. Nothing more? 

Edited by lightly
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

I’ve decided I’m not going to pursue  perfection . .  .  let it find me!*   :lol:       ok, I’ll hush up and be good now;)   ..and everybody else..   Behave!  🥰    this is a wonderful thread.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1