Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shocking Extent of Cyberbullying Among Kids Revealed in Major Report

Grim Reaper 6

Just now, OverSword said:

You deserved it ;)

Probably 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

So no streaming movies or music, no playing video games online, no remote learning, etc?

Yep, spot on! Not until 16/ 18 or whatever the authorities decide in their wisdom-  they'll survive 

54 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm a ginger so it comes with the hair color.

Should have worn a skirt. People like girls with red hair. They are a little afraid of us though. :lol:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Yep, spot on! Not until 16/ 18 or whatever the authorities decide in their wisdom-  they'll survive 

So instead of being cyber-bullied they will be physically bullied.  So why do you care which?  Don't get me wrong I believe young people need to spend way more time in the real world, I'm just pointing out the problems with your proposal.

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Should have worn a skirt. People like girls with red hair. They are a little afraid of us though. :lol:

Gingers only come in two forms. Sexy and what the hell is that. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So instead of being cyber-bullied they will be physically bullied.  So why do you care which?  Don't get me wrong I believe young people need to spend way more time in the real world, I'm just pointing out the problems with your proposal.

The problem is being alive= s--t happens as they say! Many parents are now saying they are more worried about their kids being in than out... Who's knows what would work? I don't. Everyone's different... Just putting forward a possibility 😉

Eventually you hear all the ginger jokes. Developing a state of indifference as time pass. Till one day you start laughing at them. Because you know it'll screw with people's heads.

"Gingers have no souls." They'll say laughingly.

"Of course we do. We keep them in jars to feed upon slowly."

Of course my favorite came at the hands of a high school football player. "I'll beat you like a red headed stepchild."

It only took one word, "Naughty." He got red faced, angry, but left me alone. 

It's all fun and games till the ginger develops a verbally lethal level of sarcasm. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 4:37 AM, joc said:

Fear is the great mind killer.  

Yes, fear is the great mind killer - fear is also the killer of true joy and happiness. I don't think we can truly feel joy unless we also feel pain and cry whenever we need to because everything is about balance.

I think balance in emotions is key to a rich and fulfilling life. Experiencing a range of emotions, including pain, allows us to appreciate joy more deeply. 

Many are very afraid to feel emotional pain because it requires courage to face difficult emotions and work through them.

When I lost my father, I had to go through all kinds of emotions, it was so painful - I went through the same kinds of feelings when I lost one of my best friends, but I came out on the other side and was able to feel true happiness again. 😉

Since this topic is about bullying, then I like to add a few more thoughts - bullies act out of their own insecurities and fears, which can lead them to try to control or hurt others to feel powerful.

It is important to understand these underlying issues.

Edited by LightAngel
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 6:12 PM, Michelle said:

My first girlfriend in fifth grade was a red head.  My first girlfriend in college was a red head.  Red heads are cool.

• Thanks 1