Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Spirituality of Pagans and Non-Believers

Guyver

18 hours ago, joc said:

In other words you were drunk and obnoxious.

This thread now belongs in the Blog Section.

You jumped the gun a tad there grasshopper.  I was going to make this my last thread, and if it failed, I decided I would go to the blog section.  You know, purgatory?  Thanks a lot Joc, once again…you are a big winner.  You know Joc, I bet if you and I were out hiking together, you know….backpacks and boots going deep in the woods?  Should I slip and fall, and break something….and you were there, you’d be like….dude…here’s what we are going to do.  I’m going to chop that broken part off of you with a hatched.  I am going to chop your foot off, so you can survive the broken ankle.  Here’s a shot of whiskey and a handkerchief to stick in your mouth.  If I don’t get this thing off on the first swift chop, I’ll hit it again real quick, take it off.  Then, we will mend you and hike out.  Thanks Joc.

You know, I had a fricken great day today.  I’m just going to say.  Today, life did not suck for me at all. In fact the opposite.  It is Friday, that alone is reason to celebrate for me, but…I decided to go see my competition tonight at the local wine bar Costa De Oro.  Anyway, they had this band there called Electric Lavender Train.  Weird name.  Weird scene.  Fricken great night!!!!!! Whew.  That was awesome.  I made friends with the band, they wanted to come over and party after the show, but I had to say no because I knew my wife was tired.  She has been working so hard lately, I had to say no to the band tonight.  But, next time they play, I’m going back.  As it turns out, I may have shaped the body on the bass players Stingray bass guitar.  A long story short, this lady came up to me and asked me to dance, so of course I said yes, then she had me out in the middle of the dance floor grooving to this hot band, and after that song, one of her friends grabbed ahold of me and told me I was the best dancer in this place?!  What?!  Whew.  Get out.  I could not have received a better compliment, and I wasn’t even trying to get down.  I was going so easy, I mean…we are at a wine bar.  Do you know what it is like to drink wine?  I mean, I’m not criticizing it, I’m just saying.  Anyway…it made me feel good as a person to be alive today because I know that I made some people happy.  After that first show, I also went and caught the last set of another competitor who is now my buddy Russ, and supported him, hugged his wife, sang along, greeted everyone in the house, then went home and played drums.  It was amazing.  Loved it.  Today, I liked being alive.

• Thanks 2

I’m just going to say this, because it is true. This place I mentioned, Costa De Oro, where my band is booked on the 27th of this month?  There are what can be considered elderly people who come to this show.  This was a full rock band tonight.  But, there was this elderly gentleman and his wife, they were well into their seventies, or maybe eighties?  But when they heard a song they liked they would go out and dance.  And let me tell you something from the perspective of mine…that guy and his wife….though old were amazing!  I mean, it was so classy watching this old guy dancing .  I wish I would have told him so but I did not.  

• Like 1

Here’s how I made friends with the band.  On a smoke break, I showed the lead singer and guitar player this video. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I feel so honored, and yet I am no one.  Ain’t nobody know my name.  But the Universe does.

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

You jumped the gun a tad there grasshopper.  I was going to make this my last thread, and if it failed, I decided I would go to the blog section.  You know, purgatory?  Thanks a lot Joc, once again…you are a big winner.  You know Joc, I bet if you and I were out hiking together, you know….backpacks and boots going deep in the woods?  Should I slip and fall, and break something….and you were there, you’d be like….dude…here’s what we are going to do.  I’m going to chop that broken part off of you with a hatched.  I am going to chop your foot off, so you can survive the broken ankle.  Here’s a shot of whiskey and a handkerchief to stick in your mouth.  If I don’t get this thing off on the first swift chop, I’ll hit it again real quick, take it off.  Then, we will mend you and hike out.  Thanks Joc.

You and I would never be hiking in the woods  together.  If you break your ankle hiking...it's because you weren't watching where your feet were going.  

My suggestion would be to get your head out of the clouds and watch your feet!  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, joc said:

You and I would never be hiking in the woods  together.  If you break your ankle hiking...it's because you weren't watching where your feet were going.  

My suggestion would be to get your head out of the clouds and watch your feet!  

Hahaha.  I know brother.  I was just messing with you.  Pulling your chain.  I’m just saying hypothetically you would be able to do what needs to be done and not think twice about it.  I admire that quality.  I too will do what needs to be done, but…I would think twice about it…and would prolly have issues over it.  Like this one sergeant I had in advanced combat training.  He had been in Nam guarding ammo dumps as a marine before he transitioned to Army after the war.  Anyway…the enemy knew that soldiers were ordered not to fire rounds inside the fence of the ammo dump, so they would sometimes sneak in at night and walk away with our ammunition unarmed.  So, this soldier took a machete and hacked three men to pieces one night.  He was psychologically effed up for doing that.  But, he did his job.

• Like 2

I’m going to ask you to consider the perspective of the mountain climber.  He or she has fallen in love with the thrill and challenge of high altitude climbing.  Why?  Because it’s there.  You know the old saying about climbing Everest?

Question: How do you climb Mount Everest?

Answer: One step at a time.

Yeah.  But to be able to climb all those steps takes a tremendous amount of training, determination, effort and luck.  But, let’s say you make it.  You climb Mount Everest!

Then what?  What are you going to do for the rest of your life, after you have that…which could be compared?

Im just saying.  That must be a tremendous honor and sense of accomplishment, but at the same time..kind of a source of pain as well, knowing that you can never do that again. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Guyver said:

I’m going to ask you to consider the perspective of the mountain climber.  He or she has fallen in love with the thrill and challenge of high altitude climbing.  Why?  Because it’s there.  You know the old saying about climbing Everest?

Yeah.  But to be able to climb all those steps takes a tremendous amount of training, determination, effort and luck.  But, let’s say you make it.  You climb Mount Everest!

Then what?  What are you going to do for the rest of your life, after you have that…which could be compared?

Im just saying.  That must be a tremendous honor and sense of accomplishment, but at the same time..kind of a source of pain as well, knowing that you can never do that again. 

Guyv, this could also just be a sign of post-adventure or post-goal completion lull. This is very common after achieving a long sought-after goal or milestone, think of marathon runners or athletes. 

On a side note: take up sailing it is a great way for a person  to channel their sense of adventure and pursue a different yet equally exhilarating challenge. Sailing is an exciting, tranquil and offers skill-building opportunities that could captivate someone looking to venture into new horizons after accomplishing a significant feat like climbing Mount Everest. It can provide a fresh perspective, a sense of freedom, and a connection with nature that might resonate with their adventurous spirit. My Dad sails and races sail boats when I visit, I go with him it never gets old or boring. It is exciting and challenging every time. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 6

16 hours ago, Guyver said:

I have no perspective of the mountain climber. I don't need to consider the perspective of the mountain climber. I have no desire to climb Mount Everest. 

And none of that has anything to do with what you were talking about, i e. Me chopping your feet off because you broke your ankle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Guyv, this could also just be a sign of post-adventure or post-goal completion lull. This is very common after achieving a long sought-after goal or milestone, think of marathon runners or athletes. 

On a side note: take up sailing it is a great way for a person  to channel their sense of adventure and pursue a different yet equally exhilarating challenge. Sailing is an exciting, tranquil and offers skill-building opportunities that could captivate someone looking to venture into new horizons after accomplishing a significant feat like climbing Mount Everest. It can provide a fresh perspective, a sense of freedom, and a connection with nature that might resonate with their adventurous spirit. My Dad sails and races sail boats when I visit, I go with him it never gets old or boring. It is exciting and challenging every time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, joc said:

I have no perspective of the mountain climber. I don't need to consider the perspective of the mountain climber. I have no desire to climb Mount Everest. 

And none of that has anything to do with what you were talking about, i e. Me chopping your feet off because you broke your ankle.

I was joking Joc.  

• Like 2

Here’s something I am not joking about. .  I absolutely love this sh!t.  It’s second generation of that which inspired Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, among many other Brits.  Listen to the lead guitar on this song.  OMG.  This man is a master.

• Like 5

He got to play with Tina Turner.  He is legit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I had a thread on Pan here, it was a while ago.  Pan was a reference to the god of music, which I don’t actually believe in, but…I just love music.  Anyway, I assume people are familiar with Maslow’s Heirarchy of Needs? There is a point at the top of the pyramid where a person becomes self-actuated.  It happened to me tonight.  I experienced it.  I am not wealthy, nor am I poor.  I do own a home and am actually financially pretty well off compared to a percentage of the population, but I am old.  So, anyway.  It wasn’t money, and it wasn’t sex, two primal driving factors, it was the love of music and performing that let me get to where I am tonight.  I know this will sound like boasting and people will hate it, but I’m going to say it anyway.  I had one of the greatest nights of my life tonight.  Though I am old, I fricken shredded a show tonight.  My fledgling band got called in on standby to play for a cancelled act, and we killed.  We are brand new, only played one show with the new bass player….but we got the call…we stepped up.  Call came in at 3:30 this afternoon.  I was watching the PGA championship.  Dude needed a band.  Contacted my band, they said yes, we were on from 8-11.  OMG! 

I got to lead the band with vocals and lead guitar in a players heaven for three hours tonight minus 30 minutes of my partners set.  It was a spiritual experience and I feel complete.  Having said that, I worked hard for over three years to get to this place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

So thank you Pan, god of music.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There was one more special thing that happened.  A bunch of classy ladies came in to see the show, and they chose to sit at the table right in front of the band, so, I got to observe them and they got to observe me.  It took a bit of work, but I won that group over and those ladies were digging it.  I am very, very pleased with that.  So, anyway…that’s all I have.  Peace be with you.  Find your voice and scream.  Pursue your dreams with vigor, and they may come true one day.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 7:01 AM, Guyver said:

...Dude needed a band.  Contacted my band, they said yes, we were on from 8-11.  OMG! 

I got to lead the band with vocals and lead guitar in a players heaven for three hours tonight minus 30 minutes of my partners set.  It was a spiritual experience and I feel complete.  Having said that, I worked hard for over three years to get to this place.

congratulations!!!

magic-meme.gif

Edited by MrsGently
had the wrong quote lol sorry
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say that neo-self styled pagans have problems just like everyone else.  Right now, I could be splitting up from a long term marriage.  Anyway, today I was on the golf course, and I was playing what I think is an amazing course, and I was having a bad day scoring, but also just not playing well, as one would expect if they were suffering the trauma of breaking up with, or losing a loved one.  Anyway, for some reason all these Canadian geese were on the course today, and I remembered how geese were mean to my kids once…so I said, eff it.  I’m hitting one of these b*******, I’m going to take it home, skin it and eat it tonight!  One of the dudes in my golf group said can you even eat these things?  I said hell yes, some people consider them a delicacy.  Anyway, it was really interesting because it was a long water hole shot.  And, if you know anything about golf, you know water makes golfers nervous.  But not me today.  I saw this goose, gander, whatever it was way deep in the fairway with about ten of his buddies nearby.  I said to myself and the group…I’m going for it.  I’m aiming at that bird and I’m going to take off his head, then, I am going to eat him for dinner tonight.  Fortunately for him or her, I made such a perfect hit that it went down the fairway farther then I have ever seen anyone else ever hit.  That is a win.  It shows that I was in fact trying to kill one of those birds, but since I made such a perfect golf shot, it went over their heads and they lived.  Sigh.  That was fricken great!  Then, although ai should have made birdie after that drive, I made bogey or worse.  Sigh.

• Like 1

And also, I would like to say this.  I had the privilege of playing golf today, in the most perfect of conditions.  It was literally like heaven on earth. And when I woke up this morning I knew I was screwed.  But, I had optimism that I could play well in spite of my back literally being bent when I woke up this morning….I soldiered on. And yes I made some great shots, but way too many flubs, and couldn’t make a putt. Anyway, I hit a great drive, I’m 180 yards out on a par five, and I take five iron.  My five iron and I have not been getting along well recently, and I didn’t trust it, and hadn’t tested it….but I knew, in these conditions, that was the club so I went for it.  OMG!  It was almost perfect.  One yard less fade that thing would have been on the pin.  Instead, I had a putt for birdie, and then I missed.  Plus, I missed the putt for par?!  See?  That’s what life is. You make a perfect shot, but sometimes even that is not enough to be great.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Guyver said:

And also, I would like to say this.  I had the privilege of playing golf today, in the most perfect of conditions.  It was literally like heaven on earth. And when I woke up this morning I knew I was screwed.  But, I had optimism that I could play well in spite of my back literally being bent when I woke up this morning….I soldiered on. And yes I made some great shots, but way too many flubs, and couldn’t make a putt. Anyway, I hit a great drive, I’m 180 yards out on a par five, and I take five iron.  My five iron and I have not been getting along well recently, and I didn’t trust it, and hadn’t tested it….but I knew, in these conditions, that was the club so I went for it.  OMG!  It was almost perfect.  One yard less fade that thing would have been on the pin.  Instead, I had a putt for birdie, and then I missed.  Plus, I missed the putt for par?!  See?  That’s what life is. You make a perfect shot, but sometimes even that is not enough to be great.

It's like fishin'. If all it did was get out of the house and a little peace of mind, you did good.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Dear Readers, whomever you may be.  Even if you’re the type that just lurks about because you really don’t want to get involved in this kind of drama….I think you know what I’m talking about.  I’m just asking, let’s just say the following scenario applied to you.  As a neo-pagan lost nobody, I could offer my answer…but what good would that do?

Let’s say you are in a position to live plush and hot, for the rest of your days, but in order to have that, someone else besides you is in charge.  You get to live in a guilded cage, but a cage is a cage, nonetheless, no matter how plush.  So, option “A” live plush, but it’s not the plush you choose for yourself, and someone else gets to control most of your life.  They will tell you which functions you will attend, and which functions you will not.  They will control your sex live.  They will treat you as if you are less, and your opinions are not as worthy, because you have made a mistake in your past and done something wrong.

Option B - you decide you are going to live your life in such a fashion that is you who gets to make the decisions that you follow, and not someone else, even if the end result is relative poverty and you die alone.  Which would be your choice? 

Im asking as a friend.  Please answer me.

PS.  On Option B?  Instead of failing miserably in poverty, there is a small chance that you could make your own dreams come true.

Edited by Guyver

Pardon me…I really want your opinion truthfully, if you are brave enough to give it.  In option A, you are relatively guaranteed and easy and successful life.  If you choose option B, you will struggle, make your own way and accept what the universe gives you as your destiny.  Also, you do have some skill.

• Like 1

PSS.  Jcmr8 need not respond.  I already know which option he would choose every day of the week and twice on Sundays.  

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Dear Readers, whomever you may be.  Even if you’re the type that just lurks about because you really don’t want to get involved in this kind of drama….I think you know what I’m talking about.  I’m just asking, let’s just say the following scenario applied to you.  As a neo-pagan lost nobody, I could offer my answer…but what good would that do?

Let’s say you are in a position to live plush and hot, for the rest of your days, but in order to have that, someone else besides you is in charge.  You get to live in a guilded cage, but a cage is a cage, nonetheless, no matter how plush.  So, option “A” live plush, but it’s not the plush you choose for yourself, and someone else gets to control most of your life.  They will tell you which functions you will attend, and which functions you will not.  They will control your sex live.  They will treat you as if you are less, and your opinions are not as worthy, because you have made a mistake in your past and done something wrong.

Option B - you decide you are going to live your life in such a fashion that is you who gets to make the decisions that you follow, and not someone else, even if the end result is relative poverty and you die alone.  Which would be your choice? 

Im asking as a friend.  Please answer me.

PS.  On Option B?  Instead of failing miserably in poverty, there is a small chance that you could make your own dreams come true.

what if option a is to love and heal the most powerful soul this planet has brought forward? I would give up my freedom, my life to rescue Him

magic-meme.gif

• Thanks 1