Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Spirituality of Pagans and Non-Believers

Guyver

6 minutes ago, Alex_Rogan said:

is there a thread about the 27 club? Now I wonder who was the first.

I heard when the 27th of the 27 Club dies... the world will end.

Just joking, of course.... or am I?

So how do you know which celebrity is in the 27 club until they die at 27?  I'm not holding my breath on this one. 🙄

• Like 1

has anyone brought up the books by Carlos Casteneda about the Teachings of Don Juan?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

So how do you know which celebrity is in the 27 club until they die at 27?  I'm not holding my breath on this one. 🙄

I'll hold my breath until you get the joke.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Alex_Rogan said:

has anyone brought up the books by Carlos Casteneda about the Teachings of Don Juan?

No.  No one has run that.  You should run it.

• Like 2

BTW, I just want to give a shout out to Alchopwn for being in this thread,  Al, as I like to call him is a proven wise winner.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

No.  No one has run that.  You should run it.

Seems like Piney would be great banter on the subject. re: casteneda

• Like 3

You ever get to the place where you know you already have everything you need, but still you want more?  Yeah. That’s what I’m talking about.  There is no true satisfaction in this life.

Just now, Alex_Rogan said:

You think Piney would know that? OMG.  For effs sake.  

Is there anything in the universe that Piney doesn’t know or hasn’t already done?  It’s like my wife’s Uncle Dean.  He was from Texas.  He had a great family quote.  He said, “If I can’t do it, my daddy can do it.  If my daddy can’t do it, my granddaddy can do it. If my granddaddy can’t do it, it can’t be done.” 

That is so awesome.  I don’t have that in my life, but I believe in it by principle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

You ever get to the place where you know you already have everything you need, but still you want more?  Yeah. That’s what I’m talking about.  There is no true satisfaction in this life.

it doesn't seem so satisfying, from what I've witnessed.

The best people I know are those who are working towards something.

The ones I know that have it all are generally unsatisfied, discontent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alex_Rogan said:

it doesn't seem so satisfying, from what I've witnessed.

The best people I know are those who are working towards something.

The ones I know that have it all are generally unsatisfied, discontent.

So right…yet so hard to find in real life. I mean, everyone can’t always have something to work for.  It seems like in todays world people are willing to work less and less and they don’t care that much about success anymore.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alex_Rogan said:

Hi Alex

Actually

@Abramelin had a discussion site about him and would be a good source for information

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

Oh…I am fully lost, and totally confused.  I could tell a story about a woman who told me I was lost to my face and also wanted to be my lover, and I wished to be hers…..I knew I was lost probably at that point….but I had not yet admitted to myself that I actually was lost at that point.

What has brought you to this point?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Guyver said:

So right…yet so hard to find in real life. I mean, everyone can’t always have something to work for.  It seems like in todays world people are willing to work less and less and they don’t care that much about success anymore.

Success comes in many forms, not just money. Children are a form of success. Hiking to the top of a mountain, saving someone's life, learning something new, and a whole host of other forms. Basicly, anything that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Small, or large doesn't matter. It's the journey that counts. Even battling your recalcitrant bathroom. Once it's finished of course. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Alex_Rogan said:

Castaneda and Don Juan supposedly stopped and ate a rabbit in the desert. If that was the case they would both be dead. Which is how I knew it was bull**** when I was 12. Desert rabbits carry a lethal virus which is why my dad's people didn't eat them. 

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

You think Piney would know that? OMG.  For effs sake.  

No, I never dabbled with dope for a spiritual experience. My mom was a Newage dopefiend and I watched her wreck her brain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

I’m going to say this, because I have studied.  Jim Morrison was actually really shy at first. In fact, he was so shy, that in his first three performances on the sunset strip, he played with his back to the crowd.  

At one show, there was a record producer who said, you guys might be good, if your singer would turn around and face the crowd.  So, the band had a meeting, and the guys told Jim that he had to turn around and face the crowd when he was singing.  That is when the monster was born. 

'No One Gets Out Alive'  My mom had that book, but I haven't read it since 8th grade. 

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

Even though I am a lifestyle-somewhat practicing pagan and non-believer, I find myself still being spiritual in a way that will be difficult for me to describe, but I will do my best.  I believe in living according to two things, management by objectives, and life by principles.  I believe and support the idea of living by principles, and I consider that a part of my own spirituality.  The reason that I believe that living according to one’s own principles is spirituality is because it is a form of truth. 

I threw all the excess ceremony and props away years ago and just live with Quaker simplicity. Make the least environmental impact you can. Help everyone who needs it and I meditate by doing my martial arts forms and don't ask or expect anything from the Universe. I go to Meeting sometimes but just read or meditate during worship.

I know 2 Satanists from a LEGO building club. Those people are nicer that Indiana Plain Quakers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Spirituality can also be seen as the meaning or purpose we give to our lives. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Success comes in many forms, not just money. Children are a form of success. Hiking to the top of a mountain, saving someone's life, learning something new, and a whole host of other forms. Basicly, anything that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Small, or large doesn't matter. It's the journey that counts. Even battling your recalcitrant bathroom. Once it's finished of course. 

I personally find small accomplishments to be the most satisfying. 

• Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I personally find small accomplishments to be the most satisfying. 

Getting that one annoying hydraulic line out and the new one in then sitting back with a cup of coffee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I threw all the excess ceremony and props away years ago

Same. I just play around with my reality tunnel. Planning a belief shift here soon. Mostly to see where that rabbit hole takes me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Same. I just play around with my reality tunnel. Planning a belief shift here soon. Mostly to see where that rabbit hole takes me. 

I did it partially because of watching and reading you. I was planning to "play" again but Maggie's death changed things. Now I just do what I do to not let grief dig too hard into my headspace. 

It's not working that well.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Now I just do what I do to not let grief dig too hard into my headspace. 

It's not working that well.

All I can really say regarding that is try some healthy venting. Because I know I haven't said much regarding your situation because I just don't know what to say. Except I know you'll pull through. Life's a bull and you're not done with the rodeo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

All I can really say regarding that is try some healthy venting. Because I know I haven't said much regarding your situation because I just don't know what to say. Except I know you'll pull through. Life's a bull and you're not done with the rodeo.

Venting just makes you angrier and that's a proven fact now and I still haven't hit the anger stage....yet. 

Like I said before. Not having the words is the kindest thing because when most people do have the words they are the wrong ones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5