Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump posts $175 million bond in civil fraud case, averting asset seizures

OverSword

Posted (edited)

Donald Trump posted a $175 million bond in his New York civil fraud case on Monday, averting asset seizures by state authorities that could have hobbled the former U.S. president’s business empire.

The Republican Trump, set to face Democratic President Joe Biden in the November U.S. election, was found liable on Feb. 16 for fraudulently inflating his net worth by billions of dollars to secure better loan and insurance terms.

Trump originally needed to post a bond for $454 million, but an appeals court on March 25 stayed enforcement of Justice Arthur Engoron's judgment on condition that Trump pay the smaller sum within 10 days.

A three-judge panel of the appeals court will hear Trump's appeal on the merits. The appeals court ruling reducing the bond is no indication of how the panel will ultimately rule.

Link

Who'da thunk?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Link

Who'da thunk?

MSNBC and CNN have assured me sir he is disheveled...I refuse to believe this nonsense!

😆 

Weather one likes Trump,hates Trump,or indifferent...Trump is rich.

• Like 2

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

MSNBC and CNN have assured me sir he is disheveled...I refuse to believe this nonsense!

😆

Weather one likes Trump,hates Trump,or indifferent...Trump is rich.

Even if he couldn't get the bond lowered he would have come up with it.  He's just utilizing his options I think.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Firm that underwrote Trump’s $175M bond known for high-interest loans to car buyers with bad credit history (msn.com)

The company that underwrote Donald Trump’s $175 million appeal bond in New York state’s civil fraud suit is known for offering subprime auto loans — and owned by a billionaire supporter of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

Don Hankey — the California-based businessman who made his $1.6 billion fortune from lending money to auto buyers with flawed credit history, per Forbes — came to Trump’s rescue on Monday three days before a court-imposed deadline.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

Firm that underwrote Trump’s $175M bond known for high-interest loans to car buyers with bad credit history (msn.com)

The company that underwrote Donald Trump’s $175 million appeal bond in New York state’s civil fraud suit is known for offering subprime auto loans — and owned by a billionaire supporter of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

Don Hankey — the California-based businessman who made his $1.6 billion fortune from lending money to auto buyers with flawed credit history, per Forbes — came to Trump’s rescue on Monday three days before a court-imposed deadline.

He knows which side his bread is buttered on eh ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

He knows which side his bread is buttered on eh ;)

Of all the individuals out there who Trump knows would gladly loan him the freed up cash it only makes sense that this particular individual and business model would be utilized to keep the heel effect ongoing in anything related to Trump's political branding. I'm surprised they didn't use WWE legend Ted "The Million Dollar Man" Dibiase to loan the money. That would have been hilarious 

🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Edumakated said:

It is still a travesty of justice.

Not a surprising comment from one living in a crime infested blue city and steeped in gangster privilege..

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Not a surprising comment from one living in a crime infested blue city and steeped in gangster privilege..

It’s truly amazing that people continue to push the victim hood that Trump is innocent and being unfairly treated!:no:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Of all the individuals out there who Trump knows would gladly loan him the freed up cash it only makes sense that this particular individual and business model would be utilized to keep the heel effect ongoing in anything related to Trump's political branding. I'm surprised they didn't use WWE legend Ted "The Million Dollar Man" Dibiase to loan the money. That would have been hilarious 

🤣

E-tkSJnWQAsjG9i.jpg

• Haha 1

Pretty sad when your billionaire kids and wife won't loan you money because of your crimes,

Yep. The more I hear the more I see why a certain type worship him.

• Like 3

He isn't off the hook yet.  He put up about $350 million in buildings as collateral.  When he defaults on the bond interest payments or he loses the case and the bond is foreclosed, the bonding company will start foreclosure on those buildings.

Trump has about three years yet before his dementia gets so bad he won't be able to function.  He needs to clear up this mess before then, or someone else will have to do it for him.

Doug

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

His bond got rejected because of "errors" Why have Trump’s bond documents been rejected – and what does this mean for his legal troubles? (msn.com)

Trump really needs to hire better lawyers for filling out his forms.  His waiting till the last minute to do things will probably screw him over too.

I was just going to post this.

Why were Trump’s bond documents rejected – and has this impacted his civil fraud appeal? (msn.com)

A Georgia judge has also rejected his bid to have his charges dismissed.

Georgia judge rejects Trump bid to dismiss election interference charges on free speech grounds (msn.com)

Judge rejects Trump's First Amendment challenge to indictment in Georgia election case (msn.com)

Edited by susieice

Not a problem.  I mean, he did tell us that, through his magnificent efforts, he had collected practically the entire $494 million before he appealed for the lower bail.  Surely paying off the much smaller amount wouldn't be an issue.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

A judge has also rejected his bid to dismiss his documents case. Busy day for Donald.

Trump loses bid to dismiss documents case on 'personal' records claim (msn.com)

Judge denies another motion from Trump seeking to have classified doc case tossed (msn.com)

Edited by susieice

Evicted, arrested and being sued by the boss: When will MAGA learn loyalty to Trump ends in sorrow? (msn.com)

In a lawsuit filed right before public SEC filings showed Truth Social lost $58 million last year, Trump tried to push the blame onto his co-founders, two former "Apprentice" contestants named Wes Moss and Andy Litinsky. It is true the two only managed to get, as Noah calculated, fewer than 2% of MAGA Republicans to create accounts. But still, they managed to make Trump $2 billion richer (on paper), while also giving him an outlet to whine incoherently for hours a day. That is, of course, how it goes: Bend over backward to help Trump out, and he will thank you by coating you in rage-ketchup. 

Trump regularly offers paeans to the Jan. 6 insurrectionists, holding a ceremony to honor those who are facing legal consequences for their criminal efforts to help him overthrow the government. Sometimes he even promises pardons. All this is done for a nakedly obvious purpose: To convince followers to risk their own skins in the future on Trump's behalf. But it's telling that Trump never offers any material support to the over 1,300 people who have been charged with crimes. Despite his claims to be a "billionaire," he hasn't paid their legal bills or helped their families after they lost their jobs.  He loves to get publicly maudlin about Ashli Babbitt, the insurrectionist shot by Capitol police, but he didn't offer to say, cut back a little on his golf club budget to pay for Babbitt's funeral. 
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1