Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BBC Documentary - Trump - The Kremlin Candidate

Grim Reaper 6

25 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I've an interest in the area. Call it a hobby, if you will. Honestly, you don't have to understand. You're not living my life, I am!

Do you actually give financial support?  Or, do you mean you find US Politics interesting?

A yes to the second condition is common in Australia.  Both Murdoch and the ABC dedicate coverage to this topic.

I've never seen the emotional fulfilment expressed the way you do by another Australia. Amusement yes but not happiness.

It just seems your not familiar witb the Aussie trait of getting in the room of mirrors when things are going a bit rough.

The Warner controversy over the last summer was a pretty good analog for Alopecia Panacia and Berys Gladejiklian.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Do you actually give financial support?  Or, do you mean you find US Politics interesting?

The latter. I find US politics fascinating. 

8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

A yes to the second condition is common in Australia.  Both Murdoch and the ABC dedicate coverage to this topic.

I've never seen the emotional fulfilment expressed the way you do by another Australia. Amusement yes but not happiness.

It just seems your not familiar witb the Aussie trait of getting in the room of mirrors when things are going a bit rough.

The Warner controversy over the last summer was a pretty good analog for Alopecia Panacia and Berys Gladejiklian.

I'm not sure what you mean. I know a number of Aussie Trump supporters in real life. At least one is far more conservative than me, as they are full MAGA (red hat and everything), whereas I support Nikki Haley more than Trump. 

21 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I'm not telling you how to post, just making an observation. Have a good weekend :tu:

The same to you!:tu:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Truth?  More important is what Western Europe and the rest of the word think about Trump.  Will they fight him, support him, or go their own way?  Will the  United States become irrelevant or as it collapses will it be the hole that sucks in the rest of the world economy?

The stakes are high. A lot of folks do not believe there is an upside.

You make some very good points, but if the United States collapses economically the rest of the world will be sucked into that void. Look what happened in 1929, when the US Stock market crashed all of Europe followed it. And yes the stakes very high, and in my opinion it’s best to prepare for the worst and hope for the best because there else we can do.

Peace Tate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

The latter. I find US politics fascinating. 

I'm not sure what you mean. I know a number of Aussie Trump supporters in real life. At least one is far more conservative than me, as they are full MAGA (red hat and everything), whereas I support Nikki Haley more than Trump. 

What do you mean support?  I support the Wallabies and go to there games when I can.  But I don't defend missed tackles and dropped balls.

I couldn't defend ScoMo when he said or did clumsy or stupid things.  I expected better because the risk of the alternative, Bobble Headed Bill, was too great.

Why don't Trump supporters expect Trump to "Be Best"?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Truth?  More important is what Western Europe and the rest of the word think about Trump.  Will they fight him, support him, or go their own way?  Will the  United States become irrelevant or as it collapses will it be the hole that sucks in the rest of the world economy?

The stakes are high. A lot of folks do not believe there is an upside.

As with last time our relationship with America is bigger than any one man. I think we feel your pain more than anything.

I do wonder if he would axe AUKUS though. 

• Thanks 3

This entire thread is just a **** show. :rolleyes:  Another waste of virtual space.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

What do you mean support?  I support the Wallabies and go to there games when I can.  But I don't defend missed tackles and dropped balls.

I couldn't defend ScoMo when he said or did clumsy or stupid things.  I expected better because the risk of the alternative, Bobble Headed Bill, was too great.

Why don't Trump supporters expect Trump to "Be Best"?

I often have disagreements with/about Trump.  Legitimate criticisms exist, but they are being drowned out by sensationalist headlines about bloodbaths,  for example! Or clearly politically motivated decisions like Colorado's unconstitutional (as ruled 9-0 by SCOTUS) attempt to remove Trump from the election ballot. 

Those headlines (and similar) deserve to be called out. As such, we have the media's fixation with getting the Bad Orange Man.  (this isn't aimed at you, it's a broader look at the conversation surrounding Trump in the media, and an explanation why I seem to support Trump so often - a measure of correcting misleading/overblown/out-of-context/etc narratives rather than agreeing with everything he's saying). 

in any case, thanks for the chat. 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1