Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why does God play hide and seek with humanity?

pellinore

Please watch the YT video where it is stopped for a few minutes (the whole thing is quite long), where the question is asked: why doesn't God reveal himself to everyone? I think it is a very good question, and one I used to ask myself when I puzzled over the illogic and inconsistencies of religion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pellinore said:

why doesn't God reveal himself to everyone?

Maybe the world and we are not here for any reason that God would need to do that.

• Like 1

Humans have the power within themselves to do good or bad by making choices in their lives.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Maybe the world and we are not here for any reason that God would need to do that.

What on earth does this mean? That God is irrelevant? He is not concerned about us?

20 minutes ago, pellinore said:

What on earth does this mean? That God is irrelevant? He is not concerned about us?

It means it's very self centered to suppose that in this incredibly vast universe we know what purpose our existence serves or that God would need to appear before us (at least once a generation because you can't believe your parents :lol:) to hold our hand and smooth our hair and whisper "there there widdle bunnies".  If there is a God, and I believe there probably is, imagining that we know or understand him is sheer hubris.  If it served either ours or his purpose he would probably reveal himself to us.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It means it's very self centered to suppose that in this incredibly vast universe we know what purpose our existence serves or that God would need to appear before us (at least once a generation because you can't believe your parents :lol:) to hold our hand and smooth our hair and whisper "there there widdle bunnies".  If there is a God, and I believe there probably is, imagining that we know or understand him is sheer hubris.  If it served either ours or his purpose he would probably reveal himself to us.

Well, I have as little interest in him as he has for me, so I'll leave him for the happy clappers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Have you ever suddenly realized something you never noticed before about something that was more or less staring you in the face for a greater portion of your life? If not your whole life?

Was that thing suddenly realized hiding from you?

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

why doesn't God reveal himself to everyone?

Do you really want an entire planet of evolved schizophrenic primates? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

why doesn't God reveal himself to everyone? I think it is a very good question,

Well it's a good atheist question because the reason is god is not real! & us atheists know that & ask it purely to watch to the ridiculous get out replies- a mild form of entertainment i guess 😉

oh yeah, nearly forgot==== IN_MY_OPINION

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Probably because god is not an entity, it is everything and is around us constantly.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, openozy said:

Probably because god is not an entity, it is everything and is around us constantly.

well who knows.. i know! you know what? i hear you ask.. hmmm, how shall i answer that?

Edited by Dejarma
  • Confused 1

If I've got this right, God gave us free will. If he showed up, there goes the free will.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

If I've got this right, God gave us free will. If he showed up, there goes the free will.

you need to explain that mate! 

23 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you need to explain that mate! 

It means the free will, will go through the roof.

Just now, Will Due said:

It means the free will, will go through the roof.

who asked you!? go away💤

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

go away💤

He's not going anywhere. :D

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

He's not going anywhere. :D

what part of go away do you not understand? is it the 'away' part or the 'go' part?

maybe i should rephrase it in a more abrupt way?? what do you think? I will if you want me to.............

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what do you think?

I think people, are the ones who are hiding.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, pellinore said:

Please watch the YT video where it is stopped for a few minutes (the whole thing is quite long), where the question is asked: why doesn't God reveal himself to everyone? I think it is a very good question, and one I used to ask myself when I puzzled over the illogic and inconsistencies of religion.

First of all I think that God and 'Lucifer' are actually on the same team, it is a test you have to pass, but I don't really know what I did to earn God revealing himself to me, if I knew I'd share to help you out.

The evil in this world are humans. Whenever a person is given a decision, that might come from Lucifer, like do I steal this persons money? Do I lie or tell the truth? All those little things earn you points or lead you further down the path to the 'dark side', humanity collectively is on that path.

But you're not I am sure, you are maybe a little in the grey area here and there but everybody is, it is always changing, a developing story. I think I can feel you're strong.

The game takes 90 minutes, often longer and is over when it is over and not a second earlier. (paraphrasing Beckenbauer I believe?)

Take care and best wishes

Edited by MrsGently
semi deponens
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Will Due said:

Have you ever suddenly realized something you never noticed before about something that was more or less staring you in the face for a greater portion of your life? If not your whole life?

No, it says you are not paying attention.  It says nothing definitive about the other party.

• Like 5

Ok now spit it out, what are trying to say?:huh:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

No, it says you are not paying attention.  It says nothing definitive about the other party.

Will Due is talking in Riddles again, I am going to start calling him the Riddler!!!:devil:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, pellinore said:

Does God play hide and seek, I suppose if God we’re real he would play the game and he would intentionally stay it. I believe he would do this because Hide and Seek is an all ages game and that way if God were it, people would seek him and his Son Jesus out. Unfortunately, though I have never had an awakening, that is why I walked away from Christianity in my early teens and never looked back.

JIMHO

6 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Why would him showing up stop us having free will?

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

It is not obvious why a god, if any such thing existed, could not or would not play favorites.

The Christian religion is based on the Jewish God having taken a very special interest in one specific girl. "Appearances" don't get any more personal than that. Islam has its own version of that unique special interest, where somehow the lady got pregnant with no father being involved at all, even though a Y chromosome ended up in the kid's genome ...

That's half of the human species believing that their God plays favorites big time. Back in the day, the little-g gods also played favorites, both in the sense of getting girls pregnant, and other times just taking a "platonic" interest in a particular human (Hermes and especially Athena had a lot of prim and proper interaction with Odysseus).

ETA: I don't think there's any "hide and seek" here. YHWH, Allah, Hermes, and Athena each had their agenda, and made contacts with humans in order to advance that agenda. Most humans, presumably, have nothing to offer any god, nor have any power to frustrate any god either.

Example: Joseph Biden indisputably exists, but he has never once contacted me, not even to ask me for money (something Joe and God have in common, they both apparently need money). There is no mystery about this, even though I am fully confident that Joe wants me to believe in him, and wants me to be with him in spirit at the polling station this November. I have nothing at the personal level to offer Joe that would impel him to contact me except insofar as he might message the public at large, which he does from time to time. When he opens a speech with "My fellow Americans, ..." that includes me, but it's also as close to Joe talking to me personally as is ever going to happen.

Edited by eight bits
  • Thanks 1