Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why does God play hide and seek with humanity?

pellinore

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

If I've got this right, God gave us free will. If he showed up, there goes the free will.

Adam and Eve didn't have freewill?  Moses, Jacob, etc didn't have freewill either?

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

Adam and Eve didn't have freewill?  Moses, Jacob, etc didn't have freewill either?

Not while God is leading them around by the nose.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Not while God is leading them around by the nose.

Seriously! Freedom is not Totalitarianism.  Welcome to my house.  You are totally free.  You have free will.  Don't step on any of the red X's or you will die.  Have fun.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

it says you are not paying attention. 

Yes. Thank you.

To those who aren't paying attention, it's at the heart of why something seems to be hiding when in actuality, it's not and never was.

It says nothing definitive about the other party.

Suddenly realizing something, is the moment when its comprehension starts to come to light. Along with its definition.

If you suddenly realized something about the other party, at the bare minimum, you've realized its definition.

Edited by Will Due

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2024 at 2:20 PM, Will Due said:

Have you ever suddenly realized something you never noticed before about something that was more or less staring you in the face for a greater portion of your life? If not your whole life?

Was that thing suddenly realized hiding from you?

This is Will on confirmation bias:P 

Meaning you are validating your own god construct, sharing your narrative, nothing more. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 3

Why does God play hide and seek with humanity? Because God know what I'll do to him once I find him. 

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Will Due is talking in Riddles again, I am going to start calling him the Riddler!!!:devil:

It’s Will in preaching mode…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

If I've got this right, God gave us free will. If he showed up, there goes the free will.

If God turned up, and proved he was real, it would end our free will to believe in something that may not be true? Because faith is all about believing in something that may not be true? Once it is proved true, faith is irrelevant?

What if religion was true? What if there was a Last Trump and the 200 or so people who were true believers and righteous (which is all there probably would be amongst the 7 billion who are sinners and belong to no religion or the wrong religion) were halfway to Heaven, and God said, 'Haha, tricked you, you didn't have free will because you just believed what your parents told you to believe. Off you go to Hell, I just want the people who used their free will to believe in goodness for its own sake". And the 7 billion go to Heaven, and the 200 hundred Christians suffer torments for eternity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pellinore said:

If God turned up, and proved he was real, it would end our free will to believe in something that may not be true? Because faith is all about believing in something that may not be true? Once it is proved true, faith is irrelevant?

What if religion was true? What if there was a Last Trump and the 200 or so people who were true believers and righteous (which is all there probably would be amongst the 7 billion who are sinners and belong to no religion or the wrong religion) were halfway to Heaven, and God said, 'Haha, tricked you, you didn't have free will because you just believed what your parents told you to believe. Off you go to Hell, I just want the people who used their free will to believe in goodness for its own sake". And the 7 billion go to Heaven, and the 200 hundred Christians suffer torments for eternity.

I'm referring to why he hasn't personally showed up. I guess I should have explained in more detail. You're also referring to the Bible which I don't subscribe to. God won't show up. I was being hypothetical. So theoretically if God showed up in all his glory, and enormousness it would be like a gigantic big brother looking over your shoulder for every moral, and ethical decision you make. That would definitely affect your decision making. 

My personal belief is in Reincarnation. Which is a completely different ball of wax. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Oh, you mean the Riddler I think he believes that everyone can understand his comments it is really kind of strange!!:D

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Will Due said:

Yes. Thank you.

To those who aren't paying attention, it's at the heart of why something seems to be hiding when in actuality, it's not and never was.

Suddenly realizing something, is the moment when its comprehension starts to come to light. Along with its definition.

If you suddenly realized something about the other party, at the bare minimum, you've realized its definition.

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Oh, you mean the Riddler I think he believes that everyone can understand his comments it is really kind of strange!!:D

Riddle me Will 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Riddle me Will 🤣

From now on I am going to call him the Riddler and start any comment to him with Riddle me this!!!!!!!🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

Yeah, we had a guy like that once here in Texas...he had a compound in Waco.  He kept saying he was coming back but...I don't think he is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, joc said:

Yeah, we had a guy like that once here in Texas...he had a compound in Waco.  He kept saying he was coming back but...I don't think he is.

I hear Texas got a bit HOT for him. :w00t:

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2024 at 7:41 PM, openozy said:

Probably because god is not an entity, it is everything and is around us constantly.

May the Force be with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that there would be zero satisfactory display of 'god like power' that would appeal to everyone. Plus with all the religions and beliefs systems, there would be a war of who's god it was. If god turns out to be some kind of cosmic horror, then what? I think the question of god is basically about why we are the way we are. Forced in to this reality with awareness. Conscious beings who do not know why we are. Meh, probably over thinking it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If god turns out to be some kind of cosmic horror

Well there's another possibility, if not likelihood, that God turns out to be good, beautiful and true.

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think that there would be zero satisfactory display of 'god like power' that would appeal to everyone. Plus with all the religions and beliefs systems, there would be a war of who's god it was. If god turns out to be some kind of cosmic horror, then what? I think the question of god is basically about why we are the way we are. Forced in to this reality with awareness. Conscious beings who do not know why we are. Meh, probably over thinking it. 

I had an argument playing Devil's advocate all lined up, but bailed when I realized how anathema it was to my own beliefs. I'd feel like a hypocrite trying to rationalize a hypothetical argument God's presence would invoke. 

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I had an argument playing Devil's advocate all lined up, but bailed when I realized how anathema it was to my own beliefs. I'd feel like a hypocrite trying to rationalize a hypothetical argument God's presence would invoke. 

God's presence definitely does invoke a certain type of tension, doesn't it.

9 minutes ago, Will Due said:

God's presence definitely does invoke a certain type of tension, doesn't it.

Riddler, I don't think the name God creates any tension all.

Riddler, do you feel tense when thinking about or discussing the Subject?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Riddler, I don't think the name God creates any tension all.

Riddler, do you feel tense when thinking about or discussing the Subject?

None of those things about tension are riddles Manwon, unless you're not a man.

Edited by Will Due
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Will Due said:

None of those things about tension are riddles Manwon, unless you're not a man.

You see there you go again Riddler, your comments don't make any sense my friend or should I say they don't compute, so riddle me this, how are you feeling right now!!:yes:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The only thing we really have are individual and cultural based beliefs regarding God. Basically our ideas of what we think it should be. With that in mind nothing would be universally satisfactory.  This also touches on ignostism. 

20 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

how are you feeling right now

Terrible that I have to hear grown men and women express themselves about basic understandings as a riddle.

But it is cute. 

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Terrible that I have to hear grown men and women express themselves about basic understandings as a riddle.

But it is cute. 

I am being serious whether you realize it or not that is how express yourself Will.

• Thanks 1