Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why does God play hide and seek with humanity?

pellinore

10 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And I’m sorry for your loss, but that’s not the problem. The problem is with your claim as there is no meaningful, reliable way to assign percentages of responsibility to what happens to one in life. It’s a pointless endeavor. 

cormac

The only one that knows how much they are responsible for the way their life has turned out is the individual. No one can assign those parentages for another person, so basically it comes down to being honest with yourself. Like I said the percentages I used were how view myself, I made a lot of mistakes in my younger years. But I learned from them and did not make the same mistake twice.

So, unless someone is motivated to do for themselves it is a pointless endeavor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have some bad news for the "Christians" on this forum:  the Rapture was the day before yesterday.

Doug

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Behold, a pink elephant.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQi_r4vzmZAyLVq2_EKPng

I think one of them is running for President.

Doug

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 6:52 PM, XenoFish said:

I think that there would be zero satisfactory display of 'god like power' that would appeal to everyone. Plus with all the religions and beliefs systems, there would be a war of who's god it was. If god turns out to be some kind of cosmic horror, then what? I think the question of god is basically about why we are the way we are. Forced in to this reality with awareness. Conscious beings who do not know why we are. Meh, probably over thinking it. 

True.  I think your right about our trying to answer WHY -with-  god.  I suspect we, and everything, is (((here))) BE CAUSE of  how.  I think maybe nature moves in hows  not whys?  Only man deals with whys. ?      We are not sure there is a why… but we are fairly certain ,from our own observations, there is a how.       We are because we are.    ?          Oh oh ,that sounds kinda riddley .  :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lightly said:

True.  I think your right about our trying to answer WHY -with-  god.  I suspect we, and everything, is (((here))) BE CAUSE of  how.  I think maybe nature moves in hows  not whys?  Only man deals with whys. ?      We are not sure there is a why… but we are fairly certain ,from our own observations, there is a how.       We are because we are.    ?          Oh oh ,that sounds kinda riddley .  :P

God is the answer when there is no answer.

Doug

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

I have some bad news for the "Christians" on this forum:  the Rapture was the day before yesterday.

Doug

No more Taylor Swift concerts for you! You've had enough!

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

No more Taylor Swift concerts for you! You've had enough!

I've had enough.  I'm being cut off.  Time to go sober up.

Doug

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Why does God play hide and seek with humanity?

I dunno, but if I find god…I’ll touch god and say. “ Your IT! “. .  then we can all hide on god for a change.    :P

Edited by lightly
  • Haha 4

On 4/8/2024 at 3:29 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:
On 4/7/2024 at 5:35 PM, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

"The best course of action would be for me to interact with all of them directly." Wondering if when he says 'directly,' does he mean for God to part the heavens asunder and come down to speak with each person face to face? 😄 

In the Bible, both Cain and Able were given the same instructions. The same opportunity. One received the blessings and favor, the other didn't. What was the difference? My analysis - One obeyed and the other didn't. One believed and the other didn't. One followed the instructions and the other presented his own ideas. God reveals Himself to whoever follows Him. If you find that you don't know God, examine yourself. You're not following God. The devil goes to church too, can quote the Bible better than anybody, even shows up as "an angel of light."

Man in the video said even if God showed up and revealed Himself to him, it basically wouldn't make much difference. Why? In a nutshell.... He thinks he's more righteous, pure and holier than God 😄 

Expand  

Umm ... they weren't given the same instructions - Abel was told to tend the cattle and Cain to till the fields. 

Mhmm maybe. Maybe one was told to be a Farmer and the other a Shepard and it wasn't their personal preference. 

...But when they both brought an offering, one was accepted and the other rejected. Cain was upset because his was rejected. The Bible then records a meeting God had with Cain. Going by this, Cain already knew what he was supposed to do but didn't do it.. He brought some fruits. Lol. 

"Why are you angry,” said the LORD to Cain, “and why has your countenance fallen? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you refuse to do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires you, but you must master it.” Gen 4:6-7. 

--

An animal sacrifice was required - it represented faith in Christ the "lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." Jn1:29. 

On 4/8/2024 at 3:29 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:
On 4/7/2024 at 5:35 PM, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

"The best course of action would be for me to interact with all of them directly." Wondering if when he says 'directly,' does he mean for God to part the heavens asunder and come down to speak with each person face to face? 😄 

In the Bible, both Cain and Able were given the same instructions. The same opportunity. One received the blessings and favor, the other didn't. What was the difference? My analysis - One obeyed and the other didn't. One believed and the other didn't. One followed the instructions and the other presented his own ideas. God reveals Himself to whoever follows Him. If you find that you don't know God, examine yourself. You're not following God. The devil goes to church too, can quote the Bible better than anybody, even shows up as "an angel of light."

Man in the video said even if God showed up and revealed Himself to him, it basically wouldn't make much difference. Why? In a nutshell.... He thinks he's more righteous, pure and holier than God 😄 

Expand  

Umm ... they weren't given the same instructions - Abel was told to tend the cattle and Cain to till the fields. 

Mhmm maybe. Maybe one was told to be a Farmer and the other a Shepard and it wasn't their personal preference. 

...But when they both brought an offering, one was accepted and the other rejected. Cain was upset because his was rejected. The Bible then records a meeting God had with Cain. Going by this, Cain already knew what he was supposed to do but didn't do it.. He brought some fruits. Lol. 

"Why are you angry,” said the LORD to Cain, “and why has your countenance fallen? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you refuse to do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires you, but you must master it.” Gen 4:6-7. 

--

An animal sacrifice was required - it represented faith in Christ the "lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." Jn1:29. 

2 hours ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

--

As I understand it, the rules for sacrifice are Mosaic, not Adamic, so what Cain sacrificed to God was the fruit of the soil and works of human hands, given up in celebration of Him - so literally the other part of the modern sacrament (Abel gave the body, Cain the blood of Christ). But then, we’re both looking at something with a post-fact view of it, applying Jesus to very pre-Jesus mythology, 

• Thanks 2