Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Extraterrestrial Experience

Golden_Skull

Hi, I don’t even know if I’m doing this right because I’ve never actually wrote in a forum before … I don’t even know if this is the right place to even start this topic.

I’m doing this because I’m currently watching a series on Netflix and it’s people sharing stories of things/experiences that has happened to them which they believe are paranormal experiences or an extraterrestrial abduction … I had one of these experiences a few years back and I’ve only told a handful of people whom literally laughed in my face or looked at me like I was crazy when I told them. I just want someone to actually believe me.

A few years ago (roughly 9-10 years back) I was around 25 at the time, I was lying in my bed watching TV it was maybe 11:30pm. My bed was situated against my bedroom wall just under my window. I remember I was watching Family guy and I was not tired at all … the episode started on the tv and then suddenly I just remember lying on my side staring at my bedroom wall, I was awake, I was able to move (I twitched my fingers) but everything in me was telling me not to move, so I lay still and stared at my bedroom wall, I wasn’t scared in-fact I felt so calm … calm but weary of what was happening.

something/someone was in my room with me, they were standing behind me communicating to one another. I knew there was multiple people/beings in my room because when they were speaking they had different tones in their voices … whatever language they were speaking it was unlike anything I had ever heard before in my life (it involved some sort of clicking noise between what I assumed were words). I could see their shadows moving around on the wall and it looked like one was leaning right down next to me … I could feel it behind my head and I felt the weight on my bed shift as if someone had knelt on the bed behind me.

The base of my skull started to feel hot as if something was burning me.

I don’t remember anything else of the incident after this, I just remember opening my eyes (now lying in my back) and looking at the tv which was at the foot of my bed and the tv programme was still on and I know it hadn’t been on long because I’d seen the episode several times, I could taste a funny taste in my mouth and realised I was having a nose bleed. I jumped out of bed and got a tissue from my desk … I had never had a nose bleed in my life up until then and I have never had one since.

This experience felt like it lasted about 15-30min but the family guy episode had been playing for roughly 5-10 minutes.

Also What creeped me out after was my bedroom window was wide open and I know I didn’t open it (it was winter) … before people say “oh it was a dream” please understand that to hear this is so frustrating I know what happened and I know it wasn’t a dream !

Has anything like this happened to anyone else here? Please tell me I’m not crazy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Golden_Skull said:

Hi, I don’t even know if I’m doing this right because I’ve never actually wrote in a forum before … I don’t even know if this is the right place to even start this topic.

I’m doing this because I’m currently watching a series on Netflix and it’s people sharing stories of things/experiences that has happened to them which they believe are paranormal experiences or an extraterrestrial abduction … I had one of these experiences a few years back and I’ve only told a handful of people whom literally laughed in my face or looked at me like I was crazy when I told them. I just want someone to actually believe me.

A few years ago (roughly 9-10 years back) I was around 25 at the time, I was lying in my bed watching TV it was maybe 11:30pm. My bed was situated against my bedroom wall just under my window. I remember I was watching Family guy and I was not tired at all … the episode started on the tv and then suddenly I just remember lying on my side staring at my bedroom wall, I was awake, I was able to move (I twitched my fingers) but everything in me was telling me not to move, so I lay still and stared at my bedroom wall, I wasn’t scared in-fact I felt so calm … calm but weary of what was happening.

something/someone was in my room with me, they were standing behind me communicating to one another. I knew there was multiple people/beings in my room because when they were speaking they had different tones in their voices … whatever language they were speaking it was unlike anything I had ever heard before in my life (it involved some sort of clicking noise between what I assumed were words). I could see their shadows moving around on the wall and it looked like one was leaning right down next to me … I could feel it behind my head and I felt the weight on my bed shift as if someone had knelt on the bed behind me.

I don’t remember anything else of the incident after this, I just remember opening my eyes (now lying in my back) and looking at the tv which was at the foot of my bed and the tv programme was still on and I know it hadn’t been on long because I’d seen the episode several times, I could taste a funny taste in my mouth and realised I was having a nose bleed. I jumped out of bed and got a tissue from my desk … I had never had a nose bleed in my life up until then and I have never had one since.

This experience felt like it lasted about 15-30min but the family guy episode had been playing for roughly 5-10 minutes.

Also What creeped me out after was my bedroom window was wide open and I know I didn’t open it (it was winter) … before people say “oh it was a dream” please understand that to hear this is so frustrating I know what happened and I know it wasn’t a dream !

Has anything like this happened to anyone else here? Please tell me I’m not crazy!

Welcome to the forum Golden_Skull I will try to answer your questions. You certainly posted the in the right place *snip*

Well again welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy yourself, and by the way that Netflix series is pretty cool

Edited by Saru
Removed unnecessary rules referencing.

Welcome to the forums, thank you for sharing your experience. :)

• Like 1

I would see your doctor about the burning in the base of your skull and the nosebleed. Seriously.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Piney said:

I would see your doctor about the burning in the base of your skull and the nosebleed. Seriously.

Absolutely, always best to get any unexplained medical symptoms checked out by your doctor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Golden_Skull said:

I just want someone to actually believe me.

I don't think anyone here has a problem believing your experience.  But as Piney suggested you should see a doctor about the pain in your neck and nose bleed...even if it was 10 years ago.  Your experience was real.  The causes of your experience are unknown.  

That you have never experienced the same physical effects before means nothing.  Sounds more like a medical event than anything else.  

I think that it's quite possible that your neck was resting on the headboard of the bed and constricted blood flow to your brain.  You passed out.  The sudden blood flow back into your head resulted in the nose bleed and the burning in your neck was the physical reality of your neck being on the headboard.  Like why your frozen fingers feel hot with needles when they start to thaw out.  But that is just what makes sense to me.  While it is rare for 25 year aged people to have strokes, it isn't unheard of.  If you cannot substantiate my 'story' of your episode, I too would seek a medical profile of the event.  You could have a medical condition that you are totally unaware of (seizure disorder, for example)  that could return without warning.  I am no doctor.  Just my opinion.

Edited by joc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Golden_Skull said:

Also What creeped me out after was my bedroom window was wide open and I know I didn’t open it

You might have. It is possible to do while half asleep. 

I just remember lying on my side staring at my bedroom wall, I was awake, I was able to move (I twitched my fingers) but everything in me was telling me not to move, so I lay still and stared at my bedroom wall, I wasn’t scared in-fact I felt so calm … calm but weary of what was happening.

Kinda sounds like sleep paralysis. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Hi Piney,

I did go to the doc’s and I had MRI scan but nothing came back abnormal with my results x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Golden_Skull said:

I am one that believes in the paranormal and aliens, so I am sympathetic to the possibility. The window being wide open in winter seems like additional physical evidence that something really happened.

Now was this a one and done weird experience or do you have reason to believe this might be part of something more? An alien encounter would be my best guess at this point but then my mind jumps to who/what/why. They certainly seemed to have a purpose. Do you have any hypothesis?

I'm thinking a tracking device for some experiment may have been inserted from other reports I've seen but I don't believe they have any evil intentions, but they do have intentions.

Just so you know the regulars on this forum are typically not sympathetic to alien/paranormal experiences insisting on normal explanations so don't be surprised by hearing more of what you've heard before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Golden_Skull said:

In 1998, I began experiencing severe headaches that sometimes felt like someone was squeezing my brain. I also felt a hot sensation at the base of my skull, though not as frequently. After several months of consulting with my doctor, we discovered that the cause of my headaches was my contraceptive pill. I stopped taking the pill and my headaches improved significantly. Although I still experience headaches, they are not as intense as before.   If you're on any medication, it might be the cause of your headaches. It's always a good idea to speak with your doctor about any concerns you may have.

Edited to add - Though, if this happened many years ago, you may be okay. If it happens again, please seek medical advice.

Edited by TashaMarie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That "calm, but wary" feeling is oddly common in "high strangeness" events, especially ones with entities in rooms. 
Often if the primal "if I can't see it, it can't see me" kicks in and you hide under the sheets and/or pretend to be asleep the entity leaves you, no messages or further effects felt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

In 1998, I began experiencing severe headaches that sometimes felt like someone was squeezing my brain. I also felt a hot sensation at the base of my skull, though not as frequently. After several months of consulting with my doctor, we discovered that the cause of my headaches was my contraceptive pill. I stopped taking the pill and my headaches improved significantly. Although I still experience headaches, they are not as intense as before.   If you're on any medication, it might be the cause of your headaches. It's always a good idea to speak with your doctor about any concerns you may have.

Edited to add - Though, if this happened many years ago, you may be okay. If it happens again, please seek medical advice.

Best advise anyone can find online anywhere, great post!!:tu:

• Like 2

And if you don't like what the medical advice given to you is, seek further advice from a different doctor at a different location.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Best advise anyone can find online anywhere, great post!!:tu:

Should be the first and only bit of advice given in cases like this until the OP has confirmed they have sought medical advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Should be the first and only bit of advice given in cases like this until the OP has confirmed they have sought medical advice.

I totally agree!:tu:

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And if you don't like what the medical advice given to you is, seek further advice from a different doctor at a different location.

Today, if you don't Doctor shop, your crazy!!:yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Golden_Skull said:

... Please tell me I’m not crazy!

nah, crazy is different. Crazy would be if you'd say: I know for 100% sure it was the lizzid people probing my brain for nuclear secrets.

Sometimes we experience strange things. I can relate, but I also got to say, I agree with others and would let someone check me out thouroughly brain scan and whatnot maybe you had a mild stroke?

It doesn't matter you know, in the end, if the experience gave you the stroke, or the stroke gave you the experience, you gotta have that looked at.

On 4/6/2024 at 11:58 AM, papageorge1 said:

Just so you know the regulars on this forum are typically not sympathetic to alien/paranormal experiences insisting on normal explanations so don't be surprised by hearing more of what you've heard before. 

Come on drop bear some people do need a psychiatrist not an exorcist.

On 4/6/2024 at 7:09 AM, Golden_Skull said:

before people say “oh it was a dream” please understand that to hear this is so frustrating I know what happened and I know it wasn’t a dream !

Contrary to what George thinks I am sympathetic, the rub here is countless folks who have documented cases of sleep issues including not limited to hypnagogic and paralysis are just as sure as you are " it wasnt a dream"

Have I had something just like you described ? No, I haven't, have I experienced weirdness I can't explain, yes, I sure have, up til a short time ago I was gone from here almost a year in that time my life has been the most stressed out mess of my entire life and in my case I do suffer from mental conditions like nerves drdp panic OCD and in that last year I have had some horrid sleep episodes but in my case I don't jump to paranormal I don't blame spooks or aliens nope, I blame my brain, I guess I should like you get checked out.

But no, I would not call you ",crazy"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

Come on drop bear some people do need a psychiatrist not an exorcist.

And I think the OP needs neither from what I know at this point.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And I think the OP needs neither from what I know at this point.

Thankfully what you think is only opinion the OP does need a type of professional help what they described is symptom of a condition.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Thankfully what you think is only opinion the OP does need a type of professional help what they described is symptom of a condition.

I follow what the OP says:

I did go to the doc’s and I had MRI scan but nothing came back abnormal with my results

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 9:35 AM, Golden_Skull said:

Hi Piney,

I did go to the doc’s and I had MRI scan but nothing came back abnormal with my results x

Hello and welcome to the forums. 

I wouldn't just stop with the MRI. I might recommend having some blood work and and overall physical done. That way a whole menu of possible medical items can be checked and eliminated.

As far as the window matter, I know I've done things without realizing many times. Putting keys in a drawer I normally would never put them in. Left the house to go to the store and leave the wallet on a counter. Leave the house with the TV still on. Drive home from a long day of work and remember none of the drive. All of those and more! Happens to us all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I follow what the OP says:

I did go to the doc’s and I had MRI scan but nothing came back abnormal with my results

You are an educated fellow and know very well that an MRI is one of countless tests far from the only one needed to diagnose unusual symptoms...

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

Hello and welcome to the forums. 

I wouldn't just stop with the MRI. I might recommend having some blood work and and overall physical done. That way a whole menu of possible medical items can be checked and eliminated.

As far as the window matter, I know I've done things without realizing many times. Putting keys in a drawer I normally would never put them in. Left the house to go to the store and leave the wallet on a counter. Leave the house with the TV still on. Drive home from a long day of work and remember none of the drive. All of those and more! Happens to us all.

Yes, I was trying to express that to drop bear and you worded it better, in fact I'm a bit surprised the doctor's stopped at MRI considering symptoms.

I am an OCD mess and my wife is somewhat opposite she as she puts it only recall really important stuff which isn't exactly true meaning she forgets all kinds of stuff but this last year or a bit longer I've been having some of what I call for me cognitive decline one reason I took a year off the forum, I haven't got anything checked just yet because if it's not just growing older I have a feeling it's a nerves stress etc type thing.

Anyway I believe the OP had this experience I just do not believe it's anything paranormal not do I think the OP crazy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You are an educated fellow and know very well that an MRI is one of countless tests far from the only one needed to diagnose unusual symptoms...

Do you realize that was ten years ago and he has not had so much as a nosebleed before or after?

He's handling his own medical BUT ANYWAY  that is not what the OP is interested in talking about in this POST!! He can get all the medical tests known to man and I'm not going to discourage anything but that is not the topic=Extraterrestrial Experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Sounds a whole lot like sleep paralysis besides the neck and nose bleed stuff. I've had it and it's a lot like that. Laying in bed, not tired, then suddenly asleep and paralysed with feelings of something in the room. Sounds from the TV being on can easily infiltrate the sleep state and set trigger all kinds of auditory hallucinations. I can't tell you how many times I've fallen asleep on the couch with the TV on and the sounds from the TV weave right into some wacky dreams

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1