Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery Bigfoot-like creature terrifies visitors to England's South Downs

UM-Bot

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

Several witnesses claim to have had an encounter with what has been described as a growling bipedal creature.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/375985/mystery-bigfoot-like-creature-terrifies-visitors-to-englands-south-downs

Interesting story, this is the first Bigfoot sighting I have ever heard of in the U.K. So, I am inclined to believe it must be a hoax in my opinion.:yes:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 3

"Several" meaning 2.   And no mention at all of which fishing lake it was.    So about as useful as a sensational headline in a tabloid paper ....   Oh, wait :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Has anyone seen Boris Johnson lately?

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Deborah Hatswell said:

I am the original investigator and the witness Mike contacted me in a private group to share his experience. At no time did he mention a creature of any kind, at any point. The reporter for the Daily Star lied and falsified this account. 

Unfortunately, these days , that happens a lot - the journalist will manipulate your story to make it into the one he wants.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Deborah Hatswell said:

I am the original investigator and the witness Mike contacted me in a private group to share his experience. At no time did he mention a creature of any kind, at any point. The reporter for the Daily Star lied and falsified this account. 

Welcome to the forum.

In what capacity did you investigate this particular case and what was the private group on which he shared his experience ?

What, specifically, did he claim to have seen or heard ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Interesting story, this is the first Bigfoot sighting I have ever heard of in the U.K. So, I am inclined to believe it must be a hoax in my opinion.:yes:

This is from Ireland:

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Gruagach

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Deborah Hatswell said:

The Burlington County Times once called a broken deer stand and a butchers dump as a Satanist's worshipping site in the 80s.

My father wrote a letter saying what it really was.

The next article says "Fire Captain verified Satanists active in LSF". 

He was p***ed. 😆

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Way back in the day when I was an editor on a college student newspaper, I was appalled at the level of journalistic understanding the average journalism student exhibited. 

It doesn't appear to have improved.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Deborah Hatswell said:

I don't understand. Why did Mike contact you in the first place then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deborah Hatswell said:

https://www.deezer.com/en/show/528492?deferredFl=1&utm_campaign=show&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Essan said:

"Several" meaning 2.   And no mention at all of which fishing lake it was.    So about as useful as a sensational headline in a tabloid paper ....   Oh, wait :whistle:

Ya know, Essan, you've become a big Spoil-sport 

lol jj

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The usual... no footprints. 

a bunch of bullbubbles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't understand. Why did Mike contact you in the first place then?

Google Deborah Hatswell and you get your answer

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I see what you mean, thanks man!!!!!!!!:tu:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I did. She is an investigator. But unless Mike saw a creature why would Mike contact her in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bigfoot hitched-hike a plane to the UK

4 hours ago, MissJatti said:

bigfoot hitched-hike a plane to the UK

If Spirit Air flew to the UK, footie would hardly get a second glance.

• Like 1

Probably a hermit.

Move along.

• Like 2

Well, our fearless leader wizard cat asked her to explain I'll wait... smiley_popcorn.gif.5a89c843c9c41da25550b2bc3c4c29f6.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2024 at 2:47 PM, Deborah Hatswell said:

Googled you. Loving your podcasts.

Bigfoot in the South Downs. I made my siter in law (originally from the UK) shoot a drink through her nose she was laughing so hard when I mentioned this to her.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 1:01 AM, the13bats said:

Well, our fearless leader wizard cat asked her to explain I'll wait... smiley_popcorn.gif.5a89c843c9c41da25550b2bc3c4c29f6.gif

Good point Bats. I missed the request from Saru, and it makes sense to ask that. 

"I'll hang up and listen..."

• Like 3

"I was dozing on my chair next to the rods when I was woken by a loud growl from the opposite bank," he said. The creature, whatever it was, seemed to run at considerable speed on two legs.

He was so unnerved by the incident that he quickly packed up his things and left.

"The hairs on my arms [stood up]," he recalled.

tenor.gif?itemid=15970871

Harte

• Haha 3