Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The End Of The World

I just wrote this in an email, sorry UM I can't put it any better than that, sorry if it reads 'weird' (lol)

Early on I read a little into Timeline Zero that McKenna tried, he was wrong in his assumption that it approaches an extinction I believe, that the amplitude of the historic events increases until the blow out more or less and the catastrophy is so big that after that 'human history' stays zero. It's a little Asimov (psycho-history) mixed with computer tech.

We add to that the 'noosphere' which is to me the idea behind idealism, potential of consciousness acting on the world, the realm of ideas and memes and tulpas that try to get 'manifested' next.

What we got at the moment is the approach of a 'big decision point' one of those 'points of no return' in our history where we decide our future. It might have started 2012. That is what all the peeps are feeling, the atmosphere is loaded. A little like with Douglas Adams when tourism spikes to see the restaurant at the end of the universe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Restaurant_at_the_End_of_the_Universe
It's 42 time. And we don't even know the question. We got a bunch of monkeys going nuts because they feel the pressure of the future so to speak, reverberating back building the tension but we don't even know, or at least are not aware of what the question actually is. Naturally good ol' Christianity goes straight to the Apocalypse, judgement, second coming so those tropes get intensified in the noosphere and since they're already prevalent in our culture...
That doesn't mean that is what it is.
Christians are doing that since Jesus, it has never happened it never will.

Alas, and to me that is comforting I don't know if it helps in general: it's mostly fiction. 
We're all just telling stories, to some of them there is maybe a 'quintessence of truth™' but obviously after 200k years we're still babies.
 So all of that, even that which is true, is most likely more 'like that but different' true-ish, than what it actually is - as we have no or only vague concepts of what is happening.

Like it took me forever to figure out a way to put 'interdimensional' in a way that kind of works with our current theories, after Arbitrageur informed me that it is per se meaningless, because that is technically true. It didn't mean anything at that point.
Now I am quite happy with my M-Theory and the different sets of dimensions... I don't know if you remember? 2*4d; 3 space + time for us, 3 time one space for the Tachyons and information has three layers of its own as 'depth' if you will.

The information layer is what our consciousness processes and our noosphere is part of that 'set of dimensions'.
I don't know if that makes sense to you, or anybody really?

In summary, and on the example where I threw Nyalathotep at you, all those tulpas are acting agents, obviously you can scratch things that are matter related entirely, like surface appearance all those physical things, but energy is easy to manipulate, our brain runs on electricity. And it makes sense that not everybody is a fan of humans.

So what we face is basically (and that is entirely my conjecture I am currently entertaining that, I am not saying it is that) Our Elder Gods in the noosphere are p***ed at us and want to get rid of us and our Tachyon parallels are not amused, so we're trying to prove together with those 'time agents' that consciousness goes beyond this meatbag who is a storyteller limited to a dot in spacetime.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

My head hurts... :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I think it is not unusual to feel that today is particularly difficult and it can only get worse. 

Even when today was 100 yrs ago or 1000.

Additionally, anybody who mentions Hitchhiker's Guide in a post gets my vote. 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Additionally, anybody who mentions Hitchhiker's Guide in a post gets my vote. 😉

And a Lovecraftian reference! By coincidence, I've just been doing some reading around Lovecraft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, pellinore said:

And a Lovecraftian reference! By coincidence, I've just been doing some reading around Lovecraft.

Come to think of it, was it a coincidence?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MrsGently said:

So what we face is basically (and that is entirely my conjecture I am currently entertaining that, I am not saying it is that) Our Elder Gods in the noosphere are p***ed at us and want to get rid of us and our Tachyon parallels are not amused, so we're trying to prove together with those 'time agents' that consciousness goes beyond this meatbag who is a storyteller limited to a dot in spacetime.

So... ah... the Elder Gods will be happy when we go back to having the world as a vast class of peasants laboring under a few feudal kingdoms and abandoning technology and medicine and health care and birth control so that we live very short lives (and women have to have fifteen or twenty children unless they die in childbirth first), that the EG also want us to give up our system of justice and go back to torturing people instead of investigating and doing trials, that they want most humans to have no rights and that they want burnings at the stake and public floggings?  Having girls forced into marriage at age 12 or younger (in pre-arranged marriages it was done at birth, however, men could take little girls as young as 3 to be their wives.  Not usually, but it was done and wasn't against the law.)  Having young boys forced to become concubines of older men (do read up on ancient Rome and Greece... and ... oy.  A lot of cultures did this.)

Couldn't they get cable tv instead?  Watch "Game of Thrones?"

Really, I think we should contact them and convince them to watch My Little Pony instead.

• Confused 1

I think we've got about 7.59 billion years before the world ends. Well about 1.3 billion years before life ends. We as a species will long be dead before that happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pellinore said:

Come to think of it, was it a coincidence?

There's no coincidence in my mind, just 'fine-tuned randomness'. 👍

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

So... ah... the Elder Gods will be happy when we go back to having the world as a vast class of peasants laboring under a few feudal kingdoms and abandoning technology and medicine and health care and birth control so that we live very short lives (and women have to have fifteen or twenty children unless they die in childbirth first), that the EG also want us to give up our system of justice and go back to torturing people instead of investigating and doing trials, that they want most humans to have no rights and that they want burnings at the stake and public floggings?  Having girls forced into marriage at age 12 or younger (in pre-arranged marriages it was done at birth, however, men could take little girls as young as 3 to be their wives.  Not usually, but it was done and wasn't against the law.)  Having young boys forced to become concubines of older men (do read up on ancient Rome and Greece... and ... oy.  A lot of cultures did this.)

Couldn't they get cable tv instead?  Watch "Game of Thrones?"

Really, I think we should contact them and convince them to watch My Little Pony instead.

I got no clue where you took that left turn? Read up on Nyalathotep as my OP is specifically about the increased tension and fear driving humans nuts, I am afraid you took what I wrote and ran out of the stadium with it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrsGently said:

I got no clue where you took that left turn? Read up on Nyalathotep as my OP is specifically about the increased tension and fear driving humans nuts, I am afraid you took what I wrote and ran out of the stadium with it.

I did indeed. Nyalathotep was a creation of Lovecraft (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep); it doesn't exist.  There are no "Old Gods"; each culture had its own deities and none of them are anything like Lovecraft invented.  There's no consistent set of parameters that are true for any deity all across the world (heck, there's not any agreement among the hundreds of Protestant sects about what the Protestant deity likes and dislikes.)

What's driving us nuts is the constant drum of information.  If we'd had the Internet back in the days of the Crusades, the shenanigans that were going on would have had you running for cover long before this.  But it's a new phenomena and we're still trying to get our pace; to find a good balance.

I don't intend to sound mean, but if you read history more deeply you would see just how far humans have come and how much we've improved.  We don't put newborn baby girls in the street front of a group of cattle to see if they're worthy to live (Queen Ranavalona of Madagascar) and we don't cut people open and yank their intestines out before tying them to horses and tearing them apart -- for public entertainment (the "drawing and quartering" punishment.)  We don't set dogs on fire for fun (Mark Twain talks about people doing this in his books.)

There wasn't a "golden old time."  

Any deity that is going to punish us for crawling out of THAT slime needs to be booted out of the universe.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

re: Hitchhikers - a friend of mine decided a long time ago to only read THGTTG 42 times.
He's on read 30. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

I did indeed. Nyalathotep was a creation of Lovecraft (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep); it doesn't exist.  There are no "Old Gods"; each culture had its own deities and none of them are anything like Lovecraft invented.  There's no consistent set of parameters that are true for any deity all across the world (heck, there's not any agreement among the hundreds of Protestant sects about what the Protestant deity likes and dislikes.)

What's driving us nuts is the constant drum of information.  If we'd had the Internet back in the days of the Crusades, the shenanigans that were going on would have had you running for cover long before this.  But it's a new phenomena and we're still trying to get our pace; to find a good balance.

I don't intend to sound mean, but if you read history more deeply you would see just how far humans have come and how much we've improved.  We don't put newborn baby girls in the street front of a group of cattle to see if they're worthy to live (Queen Ranavalona of Madagascar) and we don't cut people open and yank their intestines out before tying them to horses and tearing them apart -- for public entertainment (the "drawing and quartering" punishment.)  We don't set dogs on fire for fun (Mark Twain talks about people doing this in his books.)

There wasn't a "golden old time."  

Any deity that is going to punish us for crawling out of THAT slime needs to be booted out of the universe.

I don't think you sound mean I just have absolutely no clue what you are talking about and how it relates to what I said?

you probably took it way too literal and most of all didn't read that bit (sorry for quoting myself)

Alas, and to me that is comforting I don't know if it helps in general: it's mostly fiction. 
We're all just telling stories, to some of them there is maybe a 'quintessence of truth™' but obviously after 200k years we're still babies.
 So all of that, even that which is true, is most likely more 'like that but different' true-ish, than what it actually is - as we have no or only vague concepts of what is happening.

?

Edited by MrsGently
???

50 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

I don't think you sound mean I just have absolutely no clue what you are talking about and how it relates to what I said?

you probably took it way too literal and most of all didn't read that bit (sorry for quoting myself)

?

I was responding to the final paragraph in your initial statement where you said "So what we face is basically (and that is entirely my conjecture I am currently entertaining that, I am not saying it is that) Our Elder Gods in the noosphere are p***ed at us and want to get rid of us and our Tachyon parallels are not amused, so we're trying to prove together with those 'time agents' that consciousness goes beyond this meatbag who is a storyteller limited to a dot in spacetime."

And to your next response which was "Read up on Nyalathotep as my OP is specifically about the increased tension and fear driving humans nuts, I am afraid you took what I wrote and ran out of the stadium with it."

Now, I confess that I'm really neurodivergent and tend to take things in a very surface manner.  So I got out of this "Elder gods (in jumble of interaction of human consciousness intertwines and intermingles with the Earth (definition of noosphere)) are upset and want to get rid of us" and "read up on Nyalathotep" and "time agents"

I'm really NOT good with poetry, alas.  Or analogies.  Tend to over or under think them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kenemet said:

I was responding to the final paragraph in your initial statement where you said "So what we face is basically (and that is entirely my conjecture I am currently entertaining that, I am not saying it is that) Our Elder Gods in the noosphere are p***ed at us and want to get rid of us and our Tachyon parallels are not amused, so we're trying to prove together with those 'time agents' that consciousness goes beyond this meatbag who is a storyteller limited to a dot in spacetime."

And to your next response which was "Read up on Nyalathotep as my OP is specifically about the increased tension and fear driving humans nuts, I am afraid you took what I wrote and ran out of the stadium with it."

Now, I confess that I'm really neurodivergent and tend to take things in a very surface manner.  So I got out of this "Elder gods (in jumble of interaction of human consciousness intertwines and intermingles with the Earth (definition of noosphere)) are upset and want to get rid of us" and "read up on Nyalathotep" and "time agents"

I'm really NOT good with poetry, alas.  Or analogies.  Tend to over or under think them.

all is well- misunderstanding both ways solved I think. 😎

time agents was refering to the Tachyons who live in the 3 time + 1 space set of dimensions.

8 hours ago, MrsGently said:

the Tachyons who live in the 3 time + 1 space set of dimensions.

They must have terrible jet lag, in three times zones at the same time. I guess the 1 space is a darkened room. 🙃

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

They must have terrible jet lag, in three times zones at the same time. I guess the 1 space is a darkened room. 🙃

I get that this is difficult to imagine, took me a long time too, to see how maybe it could be.

What is time? Time is progress, change, all those things. To us it is one arrow of events that makes matter decay, form, etc always towards entropy (in a closed system), to them it is basically a landscape of that change that is happening for us stretched out they got a coordinates system like we do with our space, but instead of meters they can move around minutes in all directions.

Naturally like time throws 'the change' in our face and we can't really do anything about it, their experience of matter/space must be 'like a bike ride through a cornfield'. Because 1 space isn't even a line, you need 2 axis to have a line, so a concentrated dot but basically all events all thre strands of time they can manipulate like we manipulate matter, without ever even moving in space. Through the looking-glass from the other side of the singularity point maybe.

Singularity just as concept most are familiar with, but it is hard to explain this, so = like that but different

Edited by MrsGently

4 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

I get that this is difficult to imagine, took me a long time too, to see how maybe it could be.

What is time? Time is progress, change, all those things. To us it is one arrow of events that makes matter decay, form, etc always towards entropy (in a closed system), to them it is basically a landscape of that change that is happening for us stretched out they got a coordinates system like we do with our space, but instead of meters they can move around minutes in all directions.

Naturally like time throws 'the change' in our face and we can't really do anything about it, their experience of matter/space must be 'like a bike ride through a cornfield'.

Interesting but I don't see how they can interact with our universe. If we receive a communication then its fixed in time. They could go back and change the message their end or decide not send it after all. What happens here then ? 

As potential time travel here would cause paradoxes I don't see how their interaction with us would not do the same. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Interesting but I don't see how they can interact with our universe. If we receive a communication then its fixed in time. They could go back and change the message their end or decide not send it after all. What happens here then ? 

As potential time travel here would cause paradoxes I don't see how their interaction with us would not do the same. 

No. It is our universe. A different aspect of our universe. We are the five percent of the universe in our 3d +t Most of it is actually them. Like I don't know if you ever looked into parallel worlds? That serves well when you 'dream on it' a bit to start imagining the possibilities.

Time travel and that anything in time could be fixed, tells me I am not explaining it too well, I am still working on stuff.

hang.jpg

to think about non locality from QM helps also maybe?

Edited by MrsGently
add
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

No. It is our universe. A different aspect of our universe. We are the five percent of the universe in our 3d +t Most of it is actually them. Like I don't know if you ever looked into parallel worlds? That serves well when you 'dream on it' a bit to start imagining the possibilities.

Time travel and that anything in time could be fixed, tells me I am not explaining it too well, I am still working on stuff.

hang.jpg

I am aware of multi dimensions in string theory but that is 10 dimensions of space and one of time, giving 11 dimensions. 

Then there are ideas like the one used in the Pratchett novel series Long Earth. Which was an interesting concept for a novel. 

3 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I am aware of multi dimensions in string theory but that is 10 dimensions of space and one of time, giving 11 dimensions. 

Then there are ideas like the one used in the Pratchett novel series Long Earth. Which was an interesting concept for a novel. 

I am not a fan of that though curled up tiny micro dimensions? That doesn't make sense to me. At all. What would they be good for?

Mine kind of works towards maybe explaingin why the universe is 'heavier' and/or 'more loaded with energy' in certain areas than in others. As it also deals with potentials a lot... Like I said... work in progress

infinity.jpg

3 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

I am not a fan of that though curled up tiny micro dimensions? That doesn't make sense to me. At all. What would they be good for?

Mine kind of works towards maybe explaingin why the universe is 'heavier' and/or 'more loaded with energy' in certain areas than in others. As it also deals with potentials a lot... Like I said... work in progress

infinity.jpg

Other dimensions might explain why gravity is so weak compared to magnetism. 

Gravity could be a shadow force propagating from another dimension that we also feel here.  

21 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Other dimensions might explain why gravity is so weak compared to magnetism. 

Gravity could be a shadow force propagating from another dimension that we also feel here.  

exactly.

there is this awesome video on how to imagine a 4th dimension shapes, it is mind-boggling, I don't think that has any basis in reality: just 'higher dimensions'

but again, thinking about it helped a lot.

That's why I put it in sets, which is also not my idea & the fellow is amazing!

sets of dimensions just makes more sense than anything curled up or higher

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MrsGently said:

all is well- misunderstanding both ways solved I think. 😎

time agents was refering to the Tachyons who live in the 3 time + 1 space set of dimensions.

Err... is this another metaphor?  I know about THESE tachyons but they're not alive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon#:~:text=A tachyon (%2Fˈtæ,the known laws of physics.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I am wondering if you are taking this seriously. 'Jet lag' has only existed since jet aircraft passenger flight, it refers to disorientation from the crossing of time zones in a short period of time and has nothing to do with travelling in the 4th dimension. Try to keep up.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1