Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Greta Thunberg: Activist arrested at Hague climate protest

Still Waters

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has been arrested by Dutch police at a protest in The Hague.

The 21-year-old joined hundreds of protesters in a march against fossil fuel subsidies on Saturday.

The protest devolved into a tense standoff as dozens of police officers, some on horseback, attempted to stop protesters from blocking a main road.

Local police put Ms Thunberg on a bus full of demonstrators and she was driven away from the scene.

Asked whether she was concerned about police action, she said: "Why should I be?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68749936

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Asked whether she was concerned about police action, she said: "Why should I be?"

Yeah, she knows she's a protected class of protester and the arrest is for publicity and a boost to her "career".  I have no problem at all with concerned, dedicated citizens protesting injustice or dangerous policies but when they go to the length of blocking public access to roads then they should be held fully accountable for any adverse consequences.  Imagine losing a loved one because an ambulance couldn't get through.  Add to that the anger that is building in most populations who are already stressed at the state of their daily lives and "ugly" could come sooner than the protesters imagine.  No one benfits from such nonsense.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, and-then said:

Yeah, she knows she's a protected class of protester and the arrest is for publicity and a boost to her "career".  I have no problem at all with concerned, dedicated citizens protesting injustice or dangerous policies but when they go to the length of blocking public access to roads then they should be held fully accountable for any adverse consequences.  Imagine losing a loved one because an ambulance couldn't get through.  Add to that the anger that is building in most populations who are already stressed at the state of their daily lives and "ugly" could come sooner than the protesters imagine.  No one benfits from such nonsense.

I've seen plenty of footage where motorist are getting fed up and would drag protestors off the road.

They're defeating the purpose by getting the public angry.

Edited by Hawken

3 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has been arrested by Dutch police at a protest in The Hague.

The 21-year-old joined hundreds of protesters in a march against fossil fuel subsidies on Saturday.

The protest devolved into a tense standoff as dozens of police officers, some on horseback, attempted to stop protesters from blocking a main road.

Local police put Ms Thunberg on a bus full of demonstrators and she was driven away from the scene.

Dam shame I like this little she is directly to the point!!!!!!:yes:

If these climate protestors want to reach the public. Stand on the sidewalks and pass out pamphlets and have discussions.

People are more inclined to listen than blocking traffic.

• Like 3

Remember when all the kids, prompted by Greta, were skiving off school to demand everyone else does something to tackle climate change?  Well this is what they are doing now:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13241717/Students-leaving-cars-outside-homes-notes-windscreens.html

• Like 2

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hormonal imbalances.  Just a guess, but I think most people her age and lifestyle get a subconscious sexual high out of gaining attention and being disobedient.  That is why they do it.  Protests and demonstrations are probably just to mask their true incentive.   Petty theft, bullying, police pursuits, class clowns, self humiliation, disobeying parents and authority, trolling, brawling, public demonstrations, provoking arrest.  The feeling they get is probably a large reason why they behave in such conduct.  There is still a lot of the brain we do not yet understand, and why people conduct in acts that seem completely irrational and counterproductive.  Just a theory.

Edited by TigerBright19

There are other ways to get your messages acrossed. If she wants to pass out pamphlets or even create a website that's better way to do that. And then people can go look up the information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2024 at 11:27 PM, Essan said:

Remember when all the kids, prompted by Greta, were skiving off school to demand everyone else does something to tackle climate change?  Well this is what they are doing now:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13241717/Students-leaving-cars-outside-homes-notes-windscreens.html

They are not alone in their hypocrisy, though, are they? King Charles used to take a private jet to go to forums on climate change. Tbh, I can see the point of the wealthy- get the plebs off the road and life will be easier. I was classed as an 'essential worker' during the Covid lockdowns (later trained as a vaccinator), and driving was a pleasure- empty roads, no queuing at supermarkets. I felt hypocritical, but it was so nice.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I was classed as an 'essential worker' during the Covid lockdowns (later trained as a vaccinator), and driving was a pleasure- empty roads, no queuing at supermarkets.

So were we and we loved it. People weren't in the way anywhere we went to work and no traffic. My husband did all of the grocery shopping because that was where it was the most crowded and he didn't want me to get covid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

So were we and we loved it. People weren't in the way anywhere we went to work and no traffic. My husband did all of the grocery shopping because that was where it was the most crowded and he didn't want me to get covid.

I felt like Royalty - just show my ID in a cupped hand and jumped all the queues. I guess that how rich people feel all the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They should treat these activists the same way they treat football fans,and opponents of islamic extremists,

Cs gas ,batton to the bracket and a drubbing in the back of the van.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

They should treat these activists the same way they treat football fans,and opponents of islamic extremists,

Cs gas ,batton to the bracket and a drubbing in the back of the van.

On 4/6/2024 at 6:27 PM, Essan said:

On behalf of autistic environmentalists. I can't stand that ****ing ninny. She does more harm than good.

On 4/7/2024 at 5:53 PM, Scholar4Truth said:

There are other ways to get your messages acrossed. If she wants to pass out pamphlets or even create a website that's better way to do that. And then people can go look up the information.

And holding tree plantings and showing other children how to live simpler lower their carbon impact? 

Naw, that would take all the delinquent fun out of it. 

• Like 4

In my town a ten year old boy got a bunch of his friends together and cleaned up the river banks. I forgot exactly how many tons they picked up but I know it was more than three. We have yearly volunteer clean ups and they still found that much a few months later. When I catch someone throwing trash down they meet my rath. They don't argue with me about it either.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2024 at 5:38 PM, Michelle said:

In my town a ten year old boy got a bunch of his friends together and cleaned up the river banks. I forgot exactly how many tons they picked up but I know it was more than three. We have yearly volunteer clean ups and they still found that much a few months later. When I catch someone throwing trash down they meet my rath. They don't argue with me about it either.

Wonder if she does anything like that or just flaps her gums.

19 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I doubt she's getting her hands dirty.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Michelle said:

I doubt she's getting her hands dirty.

Those that talk the loudest tend to do the least.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

You have stolen our future!

23 minutes ago, Duke Wellington said:

You have stolen our future!

Someone stole her brain.

• Haha 1