Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Total solar eclipse generates series of bizarre conspiracy theories

UM-Bot

My guess is that these events have been thwarted yet again by these brave people calling attention to it before it happens. 

So sad to live in such near bedwetting fear all of the time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some people are acting worse than our pagan ancestors.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Well, that's two people. One of which we have all said was crazy for a long time. At least Guam isn't going to tip over. 😄

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

They just said on the news how a total eclipse brings out all these crazy theories. For hundreds of years they've been disproven and still the conspiracies persist.

• Like 3

Eclipses happen every week of the year, they mostly happen over uninhabited places like the oceans so nobody sees them except sea farers. Get a grip.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is what happens when very comfortable people have the ability to broadcast their ramblings to others. Social media is slowly but surely becoming a poison.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It was incredible. 

Messenger_creation_e9addcdd-812b-488b-ae9a-78ef40ad525b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They always stay stuff like that.

The biggest whopper I heard was The View's Sunny Hostin saying that the solar eclipse (and the recent earthquake with the NJ epicenter) are signs of worsening climate change.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I have sent my dji fvp at 100 meters altitude when sun was 99% covered by the moon hoping to get a nice video of the eclipse . Instead I have seen the full sun as there was no eclipse,  I cannot explain this but aparently some have reported similar occurrences. 

This is a screenshot from the video recording when sun was fully covered . 

Screenshot_20240408_222046_Video Player.jpg

Edited by qxcontinuum

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

GOP9.jpg.511e8623c2494b6e10c1876e83e9d651.jpg

So... What you're saying here is Biden is the sun - warmth, light, life, energy -  and Trump is the moon to put us all into darkness???

Edited by Alpha_Q
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Total solar eclipse generates series of bizarre conspiracy theories"

Stupidity doesn't just go away over time. Especially in 2024 America.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

I have sent my dji fvp at 100 meters altitude when sun was 99% covered by the moon hoping to get a nice video of the eclipse . Instead I have seen the full sun as there was no eclipse,  I cannot explain this but aparently some have reported similar occurrences. 

Some cameras require filters to see the eclipse phase. The same thing happened with my tablet's camera, with the sun's brightness overwhelming the camera's sensor.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Alpha_Q said:

So... What you're saying here is Biden is the sun - warmth, light, life, energy -  and Trump is the moon to put us all into darkness???

You're right, because we're only seeing brightness and sunshine domestically and across the world right now.

Edited by zeph_
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, zeph_ said:

You're right, because we're only seeing brightness and sunshine domestically and across the world right now.

Take it up with Buzz, he posted it.

• Like 1

On the other hand, it works both ways.
Sometimes the tail wags the dog.

Harte

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 10:44 PM, qxcontinuum said:

I had a very difficult time taking a pic of the eclipse. My camera tried it's best but even when it was during the full eclipse it would look blown out. Had to mess with the settings (quickly) to capture a good image of it. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 6:27 PM, Gumball said:

This is what happens when very comfortable people have the ability to broadcast their ramblings to others. Social media is slowly but surely becoming a poison.

The internet in general is causing the decay. I know, the irony.🙄

Also, how do flat earthers explain the eclipse?

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder why they only mentioned right-wingers? My Facebook feed was full of left-wing theories that the eclipse was somehow going to line up celestial energies and that you could harmonize with nature... Typical hippie stuff. Oh, and that nonsense Sunny Hostin went on about on The View, that the eclipse and earthquakes were products of Climate Change. Odd that the article sailed right over that.
  • Like 3

On 4/8/2024 at 10:44 PM, qxcontinuum said:

That was my experience too, even shooting through the eclipse glasses. I think it's because I have a Samsung Galaxy A03, and the camera is too crappy. My friends were able to get good photos and video.

4 minutes ago, C L Palmer said:

I wonder why they only mentioned right-wingers? My Facebook feed was full of left-wing theories that the eclipse was somehow going to line up celestial energies and that you could harmonize with nature... Typical hippie stuff. Oh, and that nonsense Sunny Hostin went on about on The View, that the eclipse and earthquakes were products of Climate Change. Odd that the article sailed right over that.

It's less about the action than about the intent.  Both sides act pretty much the same.  It's what they intend for the results to be that really distinguishes one from the other.

4 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

It's less about the action than about the intent.  Both sides act pretty much the same.  It's what they intend for the results to be that really distinguishes one from the other.

Sunny Hostin tried using it to perpetuate her political agenda. Both sides say silly things for political points. I hate it when my side does it because it's bad for the movement. 

On 4/12/2024 at 8:53 AM, C L Palmer said:

Do you really wonder why?
I mean, it's standard procedure these days with the media.

Harte

• Like 4