Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Pick for Wisconsin Senator Suggests Nursing Home Residents Shouldn’t Vote


Grim Reaper 6

Recommended Posts

Eric Hovde, a Republican candidate for Senate in Wisconsin, floated the bizarre idea that people in nursing homes should be disenfranchised because they’re simply too close to death to be “in a point to vote.” In a recent interview on Fox News’ Guy Benson Show, Hovde, who picked up a key endorsement from Donald Trump last week, was asked about the former president’s baseless claims that the 2020 election was stolen. “Do I believe the election was stolen? No, but did things happen in that election that were very troublesome? Absolutely,

Trump’s Pick for Wisconsin Senator Suggests Nursing Home Residents Shouldn’t Vote (msn.com)

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe he's concerned about the thousands who someone was nice enough to "harvest" in 2020.  IMO, anyone caught "harvesting" votes should spend 10 years in a federal prison, no parole.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, and-then said:

Maybe he's concerned about the thousands who someone was nice enough to "harvest" in 2020.  IMO, anyone caught "harvesting" votes should spend 10 years in a federal prison, no parole.

Please supply source that proves that Nursing homes were used in the manner you described. If you don't supply a source or respond I will take it as sign that your being very very disingenuous.:yes:

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ahh, Biden didn't become President until January 20, 2021. The election was held in November 2020. Covid hit nursing homes in late 2019/ early 2020 starting in the state of Washington.

Presidency of Joe Biden - Wikipedia

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, susieice said:

Ahh, Biden didn't become President until January 21, 2021. The election was held in November 2020. Covid hit nursing homes in 2019 starting in the state of Washington.

Your certainly right Susie!:tu:

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

If you don't supply a source or respond I will take it as sign that your being very very disingenuous.:yes:

 

I should have written this in the post that you ignored when I asked you for a source to prove that Trump was responsible for the creation of that video of the hog-tied Biden. Maybe you wouldn't have ignored my request for a source if I'd done that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

I should have written this in the post that you ignored when I asked you for a source to prove that Trump was responsible for the creation of that video of the hog-tied Biden. Maybe you wouldn't have ignored my request for a source if I'd done that. 

First, I always try to answer ever quote made to me, I never intentionally disregard someeone's quote. So, I don't think it would have mattered at all if you added that to your comments. Because somehow, I just missed your quote and I apologize for that, but again it was not intentional.:yes:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

First, I always try to answer ever quote made to me, I never intentionally disregard someeone's quote. So, I don't think it would have mattered at all if you added that to your comments. Because somehow, I just missed your quote and I apologize for that, but again it was not intentional.:yes:

 

Ok, maybe I'll ask you the question again within the thread, as I was really hoping for a response :tu: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Paranoid Android said:

Ok, maybe I'll ask you the question again within the thread, as I was really hoping for a response :tu: 

Ask it and I will try to answer it, there is no reason to wait!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I should have written this in the post that you ignored when I asked you for a source to prove that Trump was responsible for the creation of that video of the hog-tied Biden. Maybe you wouldn't have ignored my request for a source if I'd done that. 

Did anyone, or any media source say that he was responsible for the creation of it?  Or is it that one of the most popular people in the far right reposted it?  If Danny Dingus made the video in his mom's basement, it has very little effect.  If Donny Dingus reposts it, it has worldwide exposure.  Oh, the games you try to play.  I really used to think you were smart, but your arguments lately have been quite pathetic.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Did anyone, or any media source say that he was responsible for the creation of it? 

Reaper said Trump was responsible for it! If it was in the article I would have challenged the article and demanded proof. As it is, the claim was made by a member on this forum. 

 

8 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Or is it that one of the most popular people in the far right reposted it?  If Danny Dingus made the video in his mom's basement, it has very little effect.  If Donny Dingus reposts it, it has worldwide exposure.  Oh, the games you try to play.  I really used to think you were smart, but your arguments lately have been quite pathetic.

Who cares if the Pope himself shared it! Sharing content is not illegal, unless it's something like *** Blocked ***ography, in which case it's illegal for all people to share it regardless of celebrity status. 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Eric Hovde, a Republican candidate for Senate in Wisconsin, floated the bizarre idea that people in nursing homes should be disenfranchised because they’re simply too close to death to be “in a point to vote.” In a recent interview on Fox News’ Guy Benson Show, Hovde, who picked up a key endorsement from Donald Trump last week, was asked about the former president’s baseless claims that the 2020 election was stolen. “Do I believe the election was stolen? No, but did things happen in that election that were very troublesome? Absolutely,

Trump’s Pick for Wisconsin Senator Suggests Nursing Home Residents Shouldn’t Vote (msn.com)

FFS, if Trump wants to cut himself out of the reactionary grey vote, it's his loss.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

FFS, if Trump wants to cut himself out of the reactionary grey vote, it's his loss.

Yes, it certainly is!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Eric Hovde, a Republican candidate for Senate in Wisconsin, floated the bizarre idea that people in nursing homes should be disenfranchised because they’re simply too close to death to be “in a point to vote.” In a recent interview on Fox News’ Guy Benson Show, Hovde, who picked up a key endorsement from Donald Trump last week, was asked about the former president’s baseless claims that the 2020 election was stolen. “Do I believe the election was stolen? No, but did things happen in that election that were very troublesome? Absolutely,

Trump’s Pick for Wisconsin Senator Suggests Nursing Home Residents Shouldn’t Vote (msn.com)

Taken out of context.  Everyone knows Democrats are masters at vote harvesting.   There are operatives going to nursing homes and getting elderly to vote even if they are no longer competent.  

No, not every person in a nursing home or elderly isn't competent.  My mother has full time care.  She is in no way mentally competent to really be voting.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The senators suggestion makes no sense imo,   An elderly person has the right to vote. They might be expected to die ..within weeks ,days, or even hours of casting their vote..their right to vote is still not diminished.    Maybe they might be considering the futures of their loved ones ,or their country, when they cast a vote.?    
     I question the senator’s  mental competency. :P

Edited by lightly
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, lightly said:

The senators suggestion makes no sense imo,   An elderly person has the right to vote. They might be expected to die ..within weeks ,days, or even hours of casting their vote..their right to vote is still not diminished.    Maybe they might be considering the futures of their loved ones ,or their country, when they cast a vote.?    
     I question the senator’s  mental competency. :P

It isn't the right to vote that is in question, it is their competency.  An elderly person drooling on themselves suffering from dementia is in no position to be voting as they are not mentally competent.  However, people use our lax voting laws to harvest their vote.  The "voter" doesn't know who they are voting for and why.  Their handlers are who are really voting.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Edumakated said:

It isn't the right to vote that is in question, it is their competency.  An elderly person drooling on themselves suffering from dementia is in no position to be voting as they are not mentally competent.  However, people use our lax voting laws to harvest their vote.  The "voter" doesn't know who they are voting for and why.  Their handlers are who are really voting.

Oh?   and what percentage of people in nursing homes,etc. fit your description?   I’ve seen such places,,,had loved ones in such places,, the vast majority were/are capable of understanding .   Most people in nursing homes and medical care centers and hospice facilities, etc.  are there because they are not PHYSICALLY able to care for themselves sufficiently.     And how commonplace is the practice of “vote harvesting” in such places?       If it’s so easy to do…why is it only done by THE LEFT?    Aren’t ‘RIGHTYS’  smart enough to cheat?  :lol:    You think staff at these facilities would allow such things to go on…unchecked?      Nope..not buying it.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lightly said:

The senators suggestion makes no sense imo,   An elderly person has the right to vote. They might be expected to die ..within weeks ,days, or even hours of casting their vote..their right to vote is still not diminished. 

Maybe, but not if they think they're voting for another term for Roosevelt.
Especially if it's Teddy.

Harte

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Edumakated said:

Taken out of context.  Everyone knows Democrats are masters at vote harvesting.   There are operatives going to nursing homes and getting elderly to vote even if they are no longer competent.  

No, not every person in a nursing home or elderly isn't competent.  My mother has full time care.  She is in no way mentally competent to really be voting.  

This is a very easy problem to fix, just contact the nursing home and tell them not to let her participate.

It isn't rocket science dude.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2024 at 7:52 PM, Paranoid Android said:

I should have written this in the post that you ignored when I asked you for a source to prove that Trump was responsible for the creation of that video of the hog-tied Biden. Maybe you wouldn't have ignored my request for a source if I'd done that. 

Trump was responsible for sharing it on his website.   It was a completely irresponsible and dangerous thing to do.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, lightly said:

But yet there are a couple of cases (that we know of) where nursing home residents have been voting fraudulently.  

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2022/02/24/nursing-home-worker-forged-signatures-absentee-ballots/6928184001/

"The applications came from an assisted-living facility — Father Murray, a Villa Center. The applications were for residents who had not yet told staff whether they wanted to vote in the general election that year, according to the release...

Investigators said Rainey, who worked there, did not contact the residents. She filled out the applications, forged their signatures and gave the applications to another employee, who was instructed to take them to the Center Line clerk."

I don't get why the left doesn't want to secure our election process to insure it's integrity.  As long as there are these types of gaps and holes, the losing side will always question the validity of the results.  Both sides should want to clean up voter rolls, voter ID, and eliminate dubious absentee balloting with weak chain of possession.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 @Edumakated , I agree with you, all of us should be concerned about a verifiable vote.  But I doubt “harvested votes” decided the election.   She was charged with falsifying 6 votes ..and found guilty three counts of making a false statement in an absentee ballot.   So, I see your six failed harvested votes and raise you the 1100+ votes trump asked to be found in Georgia.         …from your link: 

The applications came from an assisted-living facility — Father Murray, a Villa Center. The applications were for residents who had not yet told staff whether they wanted to vote in the general election that year, according to the release...

Investigators said Rainey, who worked there, did not contact the residents. She filled out the applications, forged their signatures and gave the applications to another employee, who was instructed to take them to the Center Line clerk."

      Trenae Myesha Rainey, 28, was charged last year with six felonies, but pleaded guilty Wednesday to three misdemeanor counts of making a false statement in an absentee ballot application, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said in a release Thursday.

Edited by lightly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, lightly said:

 @Edumakated , I agree with you, all of us should be concerned about a verifiable vote.  But I doubt “harvested votes” decided the election.

We simply don't know because the systems in place are so weak and nothing has been thoroughly investigated.  Let's not forget the Democrats successful had rules changed against state constitutions to allow more mail in / absentee voting during pandemic.

The fallacy is that it takes a lot of votes to win Presidential elections.  You just need to win certain states and many of the swing states were decided by like 10,000 votes which is nothing in the scheme of things. 

Republicans ground game has always been weak in terms of actually getting out the vote.  Democrats are masters at manipulating the system to get more votes through their voter drives, outreach, etc.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Edumakated said:

We simply don't know because the systems in place are so weak and nothing has been thoroughly investigated.  Let's not forget the Democrats successful had rules changed against state constitutions to allow more mail in / absentee voting during pandemic.

The fallacy is that it takes a lot of votes to win Presidential elections.  You just need to win certain states and many of the swing states were decided by like 10,000 votes which is nothing in the scheme of things. 

Republicans ground game has always been weak in terms of actually getting out the vote.  Democrats are masters at manipulating the system to get more votes through their voter drives, outreach, etc.

                                                                                             ^ Expand v 
You might have something there Edumakated,   The democrats manipulated a larger percentage of the Popular Vote …and yet, trump won!  

Edited by lightly
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.