Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Judge went 'off the deep end' by letting violent Neo-Nazi off easy

Grim Reaper 6

A judge in California is letting a violent white supremacist off easy because he doesn't believe that prosecutors have been equally as tough on violent members of Antifa. 

USA Today reports that U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney last week sentenced defendant Tyler Laube to just 35 days in prison, even after he admitted in court that he beat a journalist at a white supremacist rally in 2017 while also pleading guilty to violating anti-riot laws.

In his memo justifying the light sentence, Judge Carney slammed prosecutors for seeking six months in jail for Laube while at the same time supposedly going light on violent left-wing demonstrators.

Judge went 'off the deep end' by letting violent white supremacist off easy: expert (msn.com)

• Like 4

Is there even still an Antifa?  And why are GOP members so scared of Antifa?  They aren't fascists are they ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Is there even still an Antifa?  And why are GOP members so scared of Antifa?  They aren't fascists are they ?

Considering Antifa has frequently used violence or threats of violence to silence people they disagree with and tend to be involved in the most destructive and violent riots in America there is good reason to be concerned about them.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Considering Antifa has frequently used violence or threats of violence to silence people they disagree with and tend to be involved in the most destructive and violent riots in America there is good reason to be concerned about them.  

I bet we’ll be seeing more of them if Trump wins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WVK said:

They will definitely come back out in force if Trump wins initially, if they continue to riot and burn down cities is another matter.  I suspect another Trump administration will not be as gentle and after the first hundred or so get locked up and charged with serious felonies I suspect the rest will begin to question how dedicated they are to the cause.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarkHunter said:

They will definitely come back out in force if Trump wins initially, if they continue to riot and burn down cities is another matter.  I suspect another Trump administration will not be as gentle and after the first hundred or so get locked up and charged with serious felonies I suspect the rest will begin to question how dedicated they are to the cause.  

You think Trump is going to solve this problem with "Big government with guns"?  That would actually prove the current dictator talks correct and encourage Antifa even more.

I have this idea- why don't we not elect people that will cause our citizens to rebel and burn our own cities?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You think Trump is going to solve this problem with "Big government with guns"?  That would actually prove the current dictator talks correct and encourage Antifa even more.

I have this idea- why don't we not elect people that will cause our citizens to rebel and burn our own cities?

Arresting people who are actively engaging in violent crimes and then charging them for the crimes they committed isn't exactly a dictator move or really even big government with guns as you put it.

You want to blame Trump but are you willing to also blame the people on the left who are funding, aiding, and whipping these people who are  rioting and burning down American cities into a frenzy.  I have a suspicion you are only interested in blaming everything on one side instead of actually dealing with the issues.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Arresting people who are actively engaging in violent crimes and then charging them for the crimes they committed isn't exactly a dictator move or really even big government with guns as you put it.

You want to blame Trump but are you willing to also blame the people on the left who are funding, aiding, and whipping these people who are  rioting and burning down American cities into a frenzy.  I have a suspicion you are only interested in blaming everything on one side instead of actually dealing with the issues.

I am perfectly willing to blame them too.  It takes fuel and oxygen to make a fire after all.  Trump will be the fuel and the rioters will be the oxygen.  I've never once said that we shouldn't prosecute.

But I remember the police under Trump coming out and shooting protesting grandmothers with bean bag guns.‘I Was Fed Up That Day’: Grandmother Shot by Beanbag During La Mesa Protest Speaks Out After $10M Settlement – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Nonsense.  Antifa didn't exist in the 1960s when the most destructive and violent riots in America were taking place.  You know, the riots that burned parts of Chicago that have never been rebuilt, or the riots that ended up in mass lychings in St. Louis, or the riot that closed down NYC during the US civil war.  Antifa are embarrassingly harmless by comparison.  What is Antifa's worst riot?  George Floyd?  Nowhere near the worst riot in US history.  Not even remotely close.  Your comment is objectively untrue given US history.

No, the only people who fear Antifa are Fascists.  Prove me wrong.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I am perfectly willing to blame them too.  It takes fuel and oxygen to make a fire after all.  Trump will be the fuel and the rioters will be the oxygen.  I've never once said that we shouldn't prosecute.

But I remember the police under Trump coming out and shooting protesting grandmothers with bean bag guns.‘I Was Fed Up That Day’: Grandmother Shot by Beanbag During La Mesa Protest Speaks Out After $10M Settlement – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

Yet you only seem to blame Trump for everything and your main arguments are essentially surrender to the left so they aren't forced to destroy everything.  Not exactly a great position to be arguing, some would say a bit dictorial.

As for the woman your link left out some critical details, but even then your link does say she was guilty of throwing items at officers.  From another story from the same site

"As night fell, the energy of the peaceful demonstration drastically shifted. Tension between officers and demonstrations escalated outside LMPD headquarters and police declared unlawful assembly.

Some people began throwing rocks and bottles at officers. Police deployed tear gas, flashbangs, and what the department deemed “less lethal” projectiles at the crowd.

One woman, Leslie Furcron, 59, was struck in the head by a round of bean bags deployed by LMPD. She is now in a medically-induced coma, and her incident has also left local activists demanding answers and change in policing."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/la-mesa-woman-blinded-in-one-eye-during-2020-protests-settles-with-city-for-10-million/3189823/%3famp=1

Essentially this grandmother was in a group of people rioting and throwing items at police officer, she admits herself she was throwing items too, and gets hit by a beanbag round when the cops decide to crack down.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Yes, I believe that ANTIFA still exists. However, they have no governing body they consist of small splinter groups that don't always work together. They technically they are communists, but again they are not some large controlled by a single entity. In fact, no one knows how members ANTIFA has.

Edited by Grim Reaper 6

10 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Nonsense.  Antifa didn't exist in the 1960s when the most destructive and violent riots in America were taking place.  You know, the riots that burned parts of Chicago that have never been rebuilt, or the riots that ended up in mass lychings in St. Louis, or the riot that closed down NYC during the US civil war.  Antifa are embarrassingly harmless by comparison.  What is Antifa's worst riot?  George Floyd?  Nowhere near the worst riot in US history.  Not even remotely close.  Your comment is objectively untrue given US history.

The Minneapolis riot, just one of the many riots that occured due to George Floyd was the second most destructive riot in American history, only the 1992 LA riot was more destructive.  In total the Floyd riots caused approximately $2 billion in damages with thousands of people injured and I'm not sure how many killed.  

You are very clearly trying to downplay antifa and outright ignoring history and facts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Yet you only seem to blame Trump for everything and your main arguments are essentially surrender to the left so they aren't forced to destroy everything.  Not exactly a great position to be arguing, some would say a bit dictorial.

As for the woman your link left out some critical details, but even then your link does say she was guilty of throwing items at officers.  From another story from the same site

"As night fell, the energy of the peaceful demonstration drastically shifted. Tension between officers and demonstrations escalated outside LMPD headquarters and police declared unlawful assembly.

Some people began throwing rocks and bottles at officers. Police deployed tear gas, flashbangs, and what the department deemed “less lethal” projectiles at the crowd.

One woman, Leslie Furcron, 59, was struck in the head by a round of bean bags deployed by LMPD. She is now in a medically-induced coma, and her incident has also left local activists demanding answers and change in policing."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/la-mesa-woman-blinded-in-one-eye-during-2020-protests-settles-with-city-for-10-million/3189823/%3famp=1

Essentially this grandmother was in a group of people rioting and throwing items at police officer, she admits herself she was throwing items too, and gets hit by a beanbag round when the cops decide to crack down.

That grandmother becomes another "ignition point" for another riot.  She ended up getting millions because of it too via the court system that you want to rely on to quash this problem.  

I single out Trump because he is the easiest thing to remove from the equation to solve this problem.  

You seriously can't be advocating "Doing the same thing that made it worse last time again, but do it more".

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That grandmother becomes another "ignition point" for another riot.  She ended up getting millions because of it too via the court system that you want to rely on to quash this problem.  

I single out Trump because he is the easiest thing to remove from the equation to solve this problem.  

You seriously can't be advocating "Doing the same thing that made it worse last time again, but do it more".

And your solution is just to surrender to the side quickest to resort to violence in the hope that they stop, historically how has appeasement worked out

As frequently happens the government settled with a cash payment to make a problem go away.

That is quite the logical fallacy, what has been happening is people get arrested for rioting then let go, I'm suggesting they need to be locked up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

The Minneapolis riot, just one of the many riots that occured due to George Floyd was the second most destructive riot in American history, only the 1992 LA riot was more destructive.  In total the Floyd riots caused approximately $2 billion in damages with thousands of people injured and I'm not sure how many killed.  

You are very clearly trying to downplay antifa and outright ignoring history and facts.

Objectively wrong. 

The stats are easy to find.

Death(s)
  • Calvin Horton Jr.[4]
  • Oscar Lee Stewart Jr.[5]
Arrested 604 from May 27—June 2, 2020[6]
Damage As reported by June 19, 2020:
$500 million[7]
1,500 property locations[8]
164 structure fires from arson[9][10]
Charged
  • Federal:
  • State and local:
    • 91 for felony burglary[11]
    • 1 for attempted murder of police officers (acquitted at trial)[15]
    • 1 for criminal vehicular operation (charges dropped)[16]
    • 1 police officer for assault[15]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

I almost forgot about CHAZ, where antifa took over six blocks in Seattle and essentially attempted secession as they declared themselves an autonomous zone.

There was just armed people peacefully demanding donations from the people/businesses stuck in CHAZ.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Objectively wrong. 

The stats are easy to find.

Death(s)
  • Calvin Horton Jr.[4]
  • Oscar Lee Stewart Jr.[5]
Arrested 604 from May 27—June 2, 2020[6]
Damage As reported by June 19, 2020:
$500 million[7]
1,500 property locations[8]
164 structure fires from arson[9][10]
Charged
  • Federal:
  • State and local:
    • 91 for felony burglary[11]
    • 1 for attempted murder of police officers (acquitted at trial)[15]
    • 1 for criminal vehicular operation (charges dropped)[16]
    • 1 police officer for assault[15]

What exactly was objectively wrong.  I said the Minneapolis riot was the second most destructive riot and that the entirety of the Flyod riots/Summer of love caused around $2 billion dollars in damage.  

It seems you didn't actually read what I typed but were most interested in just trying to prove me wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

And your solution is just to surrender to the side quickest to resort to violence in the hope that they stop, historically how has appeasement worked out

As frequently happens the government settled with a cash payment to make a problem go away.

That is quite the logical fallacy, what has been happening is people get arrested for rioting then let go, I'm suggesting they need to be locked up.

No.  There is no surrender.  Other presidents can handle the situation correctly and prosecute without creating more "ignition points" for riots.  Take Biden and the Jan.6 rioters for instance.  

Trump has demonstrated the inability to arrest, prosecute, and punish these people.  They literally get rewarded with millions of dollars in lawsuits because of the inept brutality via the way it was handled under Trump.

My solution has always been, let them riot, film them, arrest them, and then throw them in jail.  They don't get to go free because Joe cop was busy shooting people with rubber bullets or randomly grabbing people and throwing them in a van.

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, WVK said:

I think we will see leading up to November, but like I previously said they are not organized with single leader. They are splinter groups that do not act as a single entity, each group has it's own leadership!!

Antifa: Antifa (United States) - Wikipedia

What is antifa, and why is it all over my timeline? :PolitiFact | Ask PolitiFact: What is antifa, and why is it all over my timeline?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

No.  There is no surrender.  Other presidents can handle the situation correctly and prosecute without creating more "ignition points" for riots.  Take Biden and the Jan.6 rioters for instance.  

Trump has demonstrated the inability to arrest, prosecute, and punish these people.  They literally get rewarded with millions of dollars in lawsuits because of the inept brutality via the way it was handled under Trump.

My solution has always been, let them riot, film them, arrest them, and then throw them in jail.  They don't get to go free because Joe cop was busy shooting people with rubber bullets or randomly grabbing people and throwing them in a van.

It is surrender,you are saying the person picked by the Republicans at large should not be president cause it will cause more violence.  You can try to spin it however you want but you want to appease the faction quickest to resort to violence and surrender.

So Trump is directly in control of local and maybe state police

I'm sure the people who get injured, killed, and/or have everything they owned destroyed would love your approach.  I'm sure once you explain to them how it's all in the name of stopping violence they will understand why you let the people riot and loot freely.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Great Post, it is certainly right on target and to the point!!:tu:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

What exactly was objectively wrong.  I said the Minneapolis riot was the second most destructive riot and that the entirety of the Flyod riots/Summer of love caused around $2 billion dollars in damage.  

It seems you didn't actually read what I typed but were most interested in just trying to prove me wrong.

Pretty easy to do 

The Minneapolis riot is not the second most destructive riot. Estimates put the entirety of the riots that summer between 1 and 2 billion. Quite a margin for error

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

It is surrender,you are saying the person picked by the Republicans at large should not be president cause it will cause more violence.  You can try to spin it however you want but you want to appease the faction quickest to resort to violence and surrender.

So Trump is directly in control of local and maybe state police

I'm sure the people who get injured, killed, and/or have everything they owned destroyed would love your approach.  I'm sure once you explain to them how it's all in the name of stopping violence they will understand why you let the people riot and loot freely.

This might shock you, but there are no riots happening now or during this presidency.  I would call that "winning".  Some of the people who rioted under the last presidency have been prosecuted and jailed under this administration.  I also call that "winning".

"Surrendering" to you means coming to terms that the previous guy was unable to handle the riots and only caused more "ignition points".  I hate to say it, but in life, you have to know when you have a bad hand and need to fold.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Been taking lessons from P.A?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/man-helped-ignite-george-floyd-riots-identified-white/story%3Fid%3D72051536&ved=2ahUKEwiyluXTkLSFAxViHTQIHTuwBGQQFnoECBkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3UvinbbIgjwaGjAx-af6Tc

The Right's fingerprints are all over these riots. But that doesn't fit in with your narrative, does it?

Edited by Hankenhunter
Spelling
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Pretty easy to do 

The Minneapolis riot is not the second most destructive riot. Estimates put the entirety of the riots that summer between 1 and 2 billion. Quite a margin for error

What was the second most destructive individual riot then in America, just claiming it's not the second most destructive riot isn't exactly strong evidence