Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10-page UFO dossier released by Australia's Department of Defence


Recommended Posts

Well, would you just look at that. An official report of a nothing burger.

I know, some will say it's a bogus report. Others will say it's just part of the cover up. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry but the whole idea of any country’s government having secret evidence and knowledge of alien visitation, and needing to depend solely on them for such information to be revealed to the public is nonsense in this day and age. It’s just an excuse for people who want these things to be real to cling to for why no solid evidence has ever turned up. It’s nothing but a pillar of conspiracy fiction and has its roots in 50s/60s Cold War era paranoia.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the 10 page document…”Coordinated efforts between the United States Department of Defense and other government agencies to collect and report Unidentified Aerial Phenomena events have resulted in increased data sets, spanning multiple security domains.”

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Well, would you just look at that. An official report of a nothing burger.

I know, some will say it's a bogus report. Others will say it's just part of the cover up. 

Did you read the report?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Did you read the report?

I did. Did you?

In my current line of work, reading voluminous defense related report files is my thing.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Guyver said:

From the 10 page document…”Coordinated efforts between the United States Department of Defense and other government agencies to collect and report Unidentified Aerial Phenomena events have resulted in increased data sets, spanning multiple security domains.”

Do you know or understand what that jargon means? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I did. Did you?

In my current line of work, reading voluminous defense related report files is my thing.

I got through the first three pages.  It is a simple read, but I’m in the middle of an outdoor work day.   But, you called it a nothing burger, and it really isn’t.  The part that I quoted shows that it is not a nothing burger.  It just doesn’t have what you are looking for, but let’s say that it did…just for argument.  Let’s say that in the ten page report they slip in a brief paragraph about discovering actual remains from a downed UAP.  Somehow, I think you would still consider that a nothing burger, even if a nations government went on record as saying, physical remains from a UAP, or multiple UAP’s have been recovered and currently are undergoing testing to determine more information about the phenomenon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Do you know or understand what that jargon means? 

Sure, not a complicated word.  What’s your point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I got through the first three pages.  It is a simple read, but I’m in the middle of an outdoor work day.   But, you called it a nothing burger, and it really isn’t.  The part that I quoted shows that it is not a nothing burger.  It just doesn’t have what you are looking for, but let’s say that it did…just for argument.  Let’s say that in the ten page report they slip in a brief paragraph about discovering actual remains from a downed UAP.  Somehow, I think you would still consider that a nothing burger, even if a nations government went on record as saying, physical remains from a UAP, or multiple UAP’s have been recovered and currently are undergoing testing to determine more information about the phenomenon.

That simply isn't true. But to that point, an item of that magnitude wouldn't simply be slipped in. So, let's explore that idea further. If there were a report detailing a downed craft, there would be a multiple page report and debrief surrounding it. Likely photos, links to SharePoint for video access, sworn statement and report PDFs, etc. That's why the claims of items in reports not being taken seriously just isn't true. For me at least. I have reviewed numerous classified reports of different items. I know how those reports are constructed, organized , written and released for publication and dissemination.

I do acknowledge my skepticism seems rigid, but I personally would require more.

If those items you listed were to be provided, I would likely be more inclined to believe.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"increased data sets, spanning multiple security domains.” That's the meat of the nothing burger. 

More items/categories that have been catalogued coming from different sources inside the defense enterprise. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Do you know or understand what that jargon means? 

Do you know or understand what a data set is?  Do you know or understand how data sets are important in the fields of science and mathematics?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did it contain any clear photos of an alien aircraft?  

We know UFOs are unidentified lights and radar anomalies that can not be explained by the observer at the time.  No one disputes such things don't exist

In the same way, the Loch Ness Monster exists, because it's anything anyone sees in the Loch that they, themselves, cannot identify at the time. 

UFOs are alien aircraft in exactly the same way the Loch Ness monster is a pleisosaur. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Do you know or understand what a data set is?  Do you know or understand how data sets are important in the fields of science and mathematics?

And they are also important to command officers, which is what Trelane is. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Do you know or understand what a data set is?  Do you know or understand how data sets are important in the fields of science and mathematics?

I do, fully. I  have to evaluate data points and data sets when conducting data calls and inspections for my current assignment. Understand that defense departments use phrases a bit differently than the scientific community.

 

The more you know...

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Essan said:

Did it contain any clear photos of an alien aircraft?  

 

No, in fact the report stated the opposite.  Since we don’t even know for sure if there is any such things as aliens, that would seem an improper element to the report.  What we do know is that UAP’s exist.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Piney said:

And they are also important to command officers, which is what Trelane is. 

Ok, not sure how they would be more important to Commander Trelane than a scientist or mathematician…but let’s say that you are correct, and the Commander understands the scientific and mathematical importance of data sets.  If so, why would he call it a nothing burger?  It seems to me, that an informed and unbiased reader would have gotten to page three, as I did….found the part about generating multiple data sets, and said, now that is something. Something is not nothing….so….I guess I just disagree with Commamder Trelane.

Having said that….after reading the full report….if the details of the data sets were not included, it would seem to me that an informed reader would have said, let’s talk about those data sets.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I do, fully. I  have to evaluate data points and data sets when conducting data calls and inspections for my current assignment. Understand that defense departments use phrases a bit differently than the scientific community.

 

The more you know...

Excellent.  Just curious Commander.  Can you tell me why the number 25 is important as it pertains to data sets?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

That simply isn't true. But to that point, an item of that magnitude wouldn't simply be slipped in. So, let's explore that idea further. If there were a report detailing a downed craft, there would be a multiple page report and debrief surrounding it. Likely photos, links to SharePoint for video access, sworn statement and report PDFs, etc. That's why the claims of items in reports not being taken seriously just isn't true. For me at least. I have reviewed numerous classified reports of different items. I know how those reports are constructed, organized , written and released for publication and dissemination.

I do acknowledge my skepticism seems rigid, but I personally would require more.

If those items you listed were to be provided, I would likely be more inclined to believe.

Ok.  Fair enough.  Question….do you find there to be a difference  in the reports being prepared for public reading, and those specific to the military, and more specifically….those in the military with the proper clearance?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Ok.  Fair enough.  Question….do you find there to be a difference  in the reports being prepared for public reading, and those specific to the military, and more specifically….those in the military with the proper clearance?

Yes, it comes down to clearance and what items (if any) need to be redacted in the official report submitted for public release.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Excellent.  Just curious Commander.  Can you tell me why the number 25 is important as it pertains to data sets?

First, that question is irrelevant to the ultimate conclusion of the conversation. So I'm guessing you're trying to "A-ha!" me with something.

How are you defining data sets? Are you using the pure mathematical definition? Or are we talking about statistical analysis for factual extraction purposes?

Also, please, don't refer to me as commander. I can see the snark in its use there. I would greatly appreciate that. 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Guyver said:

What we do know is that UAP’s exist

Newsflash: Things are unidentified. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Trelane said:

First, that question is irrelevant to the ultimate conclusion of the conversation. So I'm guessing you're trying to "A-ha!" me with something.

How are you defining data sets? Are you using the pure mathematical definition? Or are we talking about statistical analysis for factual extraction purposes?

Also, please, don't refer to me as commander. I can see the snark in its use there. I would greatly appreciate that. 

Sigh.  I was using Commander respectfully.  But, if you don’t wish to be referred to by your title, I’ll happily call you by your name.  Yes, I was trying to “get you” with that question.  25 is an important number statistically speaking from a scientific or mathematical data set because that is the minimum number of data points required to make a data set statistically reliable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Sigh.  I was using Commander respectfully.  But, if you don’t wish to be referred to by your title, I’ll happily call you by your name.  Yes, I was trying to “get you” with that question.  25 is an important number statistically speaking from a scientific or mathematical data set because that is the minimum number of data points required to make a data set statistically reliable.

Understood, being that it's not my rank or title that's why I get twitchy.🤪

Anyway, yes I'm aware of its importance when constructing and utilizing sample sizes for research or data analysis. One of the fundamental premises of research is that as you collect more and more data, you should get a better understanding of the evidence relating to the research question or objective. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Understood, being that it's not my rank or title that's why I get twitchy.🤪

Anyway, yes I'm aware of its importance when constructing and utilizing sample sizes for research or data analysis. One of the fundamental premises of research is that as you collect more and more data, you should get a better understanding of the evidence relating to the research question or objective. 

Exactly.  That’s why I consider the article under discussion to be more than a nothing burger. Not that it’s “really something” but it more than nothing, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.