Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Retired Military Officials Issue Grave Warning About Trump’s Claim To Absolute Immunity

Grim Reaper 6

Posted (edited)

A group of 19 retired four-star generals and admirals and former secretaries of the Army, Navy and Air Force filed a brief with the Supreme Court on Monday, saying former President Donald Trump’s claim of “absolute immunity” from criminal prosecution is “an assault” on the military’s “foundational commitments” to the rule of law and civilian control.

The former military officials say in their brief that Trump’s assertion of absolute immunity would put members of the military in an “untenable position,” where they would need to choose between their duty to follow orders within the chain of command and their duty to disobey unlawful orders.

Retired Military Officials Issue Grave Warning About Trump’s Claim To Absolute Immunity (msn.com)

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Wonder if these are like the 50 former intelligence officials who just knew Russia interfered with election...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Wonder if these are like the 50 former intelligence officials who just knew Russia interfered with election...

No, they are very highly respected Military Officers that gave more 40 years serving the United States. They forget more about the subject, than you will ever know. I suggest you read the thread before you comment that way you can speak intelligently about this subject!!!!;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No, they are very highly respected Military Officers that gave more 40 years serving the United States. They forget more about the subject, than you will ever know. I suggest you read the thread before you comment that way you can speak intelligently about this subject!!!!;)

So were those intelligence officials supposedly... apparently politics was more important to them than the truth.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Edumakated said:

So were those intelligence officials supposedly... apparently politics was more important to them than the truth.

Until you read the source in the OP, your comments will continue to be foolish statements that are not in line with the OP. So, please read the article before you respond again!!;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

It sounds to me like they just presented the brief to the court that the military won't commit crimes. That's the right thing to do. No wonder Trump is crying about immunity.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

It sounds to me like they just presented the brief to the court that the military won't commit crimes. That's the right thing to do. No wonder Trump is crying about immunity.

The Military Leadership doesn't support Donald Trump, now or even when he was the POTUS. All of those military officers were asked to brief the Supreme Court, on the Presidential Immunity issue that is before them. Trump can cry all he likes even if he is reelected basically the military is telling him they will follow illegal orders. When he was President, he tried on two occasions to get the military to follow illegal orders. The main one was when Trump tried to deploy military forces on to the streets during the riots, The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told Trump to pound sand that they would not follow that order, and Trump almost had seizure. I am very glad to see this happen, and hopefully the Supreme Court follows their recommendations, because if they don't, I don't even want to think about the consequences, this briefing they gave is not only advise it is also a warning for what is to come if he is reelected!!!!!!

Peace Susie!!!!:tu:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

The Military Leadership doesn't support Donald Trump, now or even when he was the POTUS. All of those military officers were asked to brief the Supreme Court, on the Presidential Immunity issue that is before them. Trump can cry all he likes even if he is reelected basically the military is telling him they will follow illegal orders. When he was President, he tried on two occasions to get the military to follow illegal orders. The main one was when Trump tried to deploy military forces on to the streets during the riots, The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told Trump to pound sand that they would not follow that order, and Trump almost had seizure. I am very glad to see this happen, and hopefully the Supreme Court follows their recommendations, because if they don't, I don't even want to think about the consequences, this briefing they gave is not only advise it is also a warning for what is to come if he is reelected!!!!!!

Peace Susie!!!!:tu:

Of course they don't... Trump sees the military industrial complex for what it is.  Do you seriously think Generals are happy about there being no wars?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Didn't Trump tell the Commandant of the Marine Corp that any soldier who was a POW was a loser? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Of course they don't... Trump sees the military industrial complex for what it is.  Do you seriously think Generals are happy about there being no wars?

Do you think the US military will go against American citizens or engage in assassination of US government officials like Putin's military officers? Are you really that anxious to find out?

Edited by susieice
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Trumps can't even spell the Military Industrial Complex much less understand it. Yes, I think Generals are happy when there is war the United States is involved in. The Military doesn't start wars, politicians like your hero do, even when they are advised not to. The United States has the best trained and most intelligent fighting force in the world, no other country is even close. Our military leader does not like to be putting their soldier lives in jeopardy, and I know this for fact.

In addition, when it comes to the Military Industrial Complex, Congress and the Senate are the ones who feed those special interest groups. You see the Generals make no more money if our country is at peace or at war, only our politicians get fat off the Military Industrial Complex and Donald Trump could stand to lose a great deal of weight!;)

Peace

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, susieice said:

Do you think the US military will go against American citizens or engage in assassination of US government officials like Putin's military officers? Are you really that anxious to find out?

His only concern is to defend Trump at all costs, that is the only reason he is in this thread Susie!:yes:

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, susieice said:

Didn't Trump tell the Commandant of the Marine Corp that any soldier who was a POW was a loser? 

Trumps attack on Senator McCain was the final blow for the military. He said that Mccain was not a war hero and that he didn't like losers he likes winners, so McCain according to Trump was not a war hero because he was captured. Even though he permanently disabled due to his time as a Prisoner of War camp. Trump also insulted our Disabled Combat veterans, by tell those in charge of parades that he thought that disabled veterans were an eye sore and that he didn't want the public to see them in parades, unfreakin believable!!!:no:

There is more to it than I have written here, but because of these things Trump will never be supported by our military!:yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, susieice said:

I do believe he said that John McCain was a loser, and part of the reasoning Trump used was that he was captured in war (but that was only in follow up to the main reason he called him a loser - which was that McCain lost to Obama in the election). That's not exactly the same thing as saying that any soldier who was a POW is a loser, but I can certainly see how some might use it that way. There are also uncorroborated, anonymous claims in the media from 2020, and reiterated by John Kelly in 2022 talking about the same alleged events, but in both cases it's claims by people saying they heard Trump say those things, and the Trump team on both occasions went on record to deny the claims. 

Make of that what you will :tu: 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I've also seen Trump salute. Why does he salute? He was never in the military.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Trumps attack on Senator McCain was the final blow for the military. He said that Mccain was not a war hero and that he didn't like losers he likes winners, so McCain according to Trump was not a war hero because he was captured. Even though he permanently disabled due to his time as a Prisoner of War camp. Trump also insulted our Disabled Combat veterans, by tell those in charge of parades that he thought that disabled veterans were an eye sore and that he didn't want the public to see them in parades, unfreakin believable!!!:no:

There is more to it than I have written here, but because of these things Trump will never be supported by our military!:yes:

The times that I scroll through my FB timeline I come up on videos from the changing of the guard at Arlington. I've noticed there is a man who tells people in the comments to remember that Trump said things like this. He's in most of them too. Most people show respect to the Tomb of the Unknowns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I do believe he said that John McCain was a loser, and part of the reasoning Trump used was that he was captured in war (but that was only in follow up to the main reason he called him a loser - which was that McCain lost to Obama in the election). That's not exactly the same thing as saying that any soldier who was a POW is a loser, but I can certainly see how some might use it that way. There are also uncorroborated, anonymous claims in the media from 2020, and reiterated by John Kelly in 2022 talking about the same alleged events, but in both cases it's claims by people saying they heard Trump say those things, and the Trump team on both occasions went on record to deny the claims. 

Make of that what you will :tu: 

McCain was behind some of the Russian collusion hoax as well.  While McCain was a POW/War Hero it doesn't make him a political saint.  It is funny, the left didn't care for McCain when he was running for President.  Only cared for him when they could use him against Trump.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

The times that I scroll through my FB timeline I come up on videos from the changing of the guard at Arlington. I've noticed there is a man who tells people in the comments to remember that Trump said things like this. He's in most of them too. Most people show respect to the Tomb of the Unknowns.

Susie it is Un-American to show disrespect at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The individuals guarding that tomb now carry live ammunition so if necessary, they can literally protect the tomb from vandals or terrorists>

“For the first time, the Honor Guard soldiers that march at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington Cemetery have been issued live ammunition.”:  PolitiFact | No, soldiers guarding Tomb of the Unknown Soldier aren’t carrying live ammunition

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Edumakated said:

And why do you think they were wrong tovarich?  Even now we have Republicans claiming Soviet propaganda has infiltrated the Republican party, nyet?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

Yes.  Did you never read Sun Tzu?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

Here you go Susie, these videos talk about comments Trump made about US Soldiers, remember Retired General Kelly was with Trump when he made the comments!! So, you have a choice either Trump is lying (which he is not known for :lol:) or you can believe Trump then Chief of Staff Retired General Kelly.

Trump Denies Calling Fallen Soldiers ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

This video is where Trump through his own words attacks Senator John McCain! Here Trumps says that not only McCain, but anyone captured is not a war hero, because he like soldiers that were not captured.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

And why do you think they were wrong tovarich?  Even now we have Republicans claiming Soviet propaganda has infiltrated the Republican party, nyet?

That is very True, the only reason Trump was not impeached was because the Attorney General protected him not because he wasn't guilty!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes.  Did you never read Sun Tzu?

Your way over his head, I wish everyone who participates in conversations like this had read Sun Tzu.

good Post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

According to RFK Jr. When JFK was president. He signed an order to pull troops out of Vietnam. Weeks later, he was assassinated.

And troops remained in Vietnam well into the 1970s. The war was profitable for the military.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawken said:

According to RFK Jr. When JFK was president. He signed an order to pull troops out of Vietnam. Weeks later, he was assassinated.

And troops remained in Vietnam well into the 1970s. The war was profitable for the military.

It wasn't profitable for the military. It was profitable for the war industries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3