Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Water pouring out of rural Utah dam through 60-foot crack, putting nearby town at risk

docyabut2

Doom!  Horror!  and of course... docy lapping it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Auntie Catastrophe. 

But also being a stroke victim and recently widowed I can empathize with her. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Auntie Catastrophe. 

But also being a stroke victim and recently widowed I can empathize with her. 

I agree with you my friend, she certainly deserves a little empathy we all do.:cry:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree with you my friend, she certainly deserves a little empathy we all do.:cry:

I’d like to think that no matter how miserable and argumentative we get, we do have empathy enough for our fellows to overlook some of our quirks. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’d like to think that no matter how miserable and argumentative we get, we do have empathy enough for our fellows to overlook some of our quirks. 

I certainly agree, but unfortunately not everyone sees things like we! :yes:

17 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Do you doubt that a damn with a 60 foot crack is dangerous?

If it wasn't dangerous, they wouldn't be treating it as an emergency.  Sure, it is dangerous, but what it isn't is a crisis.  Things like this are predicted, planned for, and in this case, executed and controlled. 

The trick is to understand the term "proportionate response".  A lot of "alt" theories around here aren't ignored or mocked because they are alternative, but rather because they lack a sense of proportion.  A little bit of harmless mercury in a vaccine becomes an attempt at population control by the hidden government.  A mild earthquake becomes a sign from God.  A request to self-isolate becomes government tyranny. 

Over-reaction is one of the most visible signs of lack of rationality, and rationality is a prized aspect of credibility.  If you don't want your credibility to suffer, you need to maintain it carefully.

• Like 1