Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US intel said to indicate Iran could strike ‘Israeli soil’ in next 24 to 48 hours

Kittens Are Jerks

Satellite images confirm damage to the air defense system at Isfahan.  Seems the radar of an S-300 battery was hit.

There is a lot of speculation on if Israel used Blue Sparrow or ROCKS missile.  Both missiles are similar, especially in dimensions and form, but from the two it seems ROCKS is the most likely since it is known to have anti-radiation homing which would make it ideal to strike a radar system.  There is some speculation drones may have been used to activate the radar to essentially ensure a hit.  

Regardless of what was used Israel did successfully hit a critical military target right next to an Iranian nuclear site deep inside Iran which does show that Israel can hit essentially anywhere inside Iran when they want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Razman said:

Maybe carpet bombing isn't the right words , but.....................................Drone footage shows how completely destroyed Gaza is right now | The ...

Death Toll in Gaza Climbs, Israel Calls up More Troops - The Atlantic

Yes, there was widespread devastation but that doesn't prove that any of the strikes were random or indiscriminate in any way.  I'm sure that some innocents were killed that might have been saved but Hamas set the stage for true rage to enter into the war making decisions of the IDF.  You'll note that the media always focus on the areas that were destroyed but give no perspective of the whole of Gaza.  There is well under 40% of the structures that were destroyed or severely damaged.  The images make it appear that nearly all of Gaza has been destroyed.  If that were the case, especially in the north, there wouldn't be such a demand by Gazans to be allowed to return there.

Israel has long been faced with the choice of standing down and accepting repeated strikes by Hamas OR striking back, KNOWING they were going to kill civilians because Hamas makes any other way impossible.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2024 at 6:47 PM, Tom1200 said:

It looks to me equally possible that Israel fired one single rocket, perhaps a Jericho, possibly without even a warhead, just to show Iran look - we can hit you anywhere, any time.

Okay, I got the fine details wrong, but I was more righter that the cackling Hamas apologists here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/20/world/middleeast/iran-israel-strike-tensions.html

It was a clever response from Israel.  Not what I'd have done, because I'm not very clever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Okay, I got the fine details wrong, but I was more righter that the cackling Hamas apologists here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/20/world/middleeast/iran-israel-strike-tensions.html

It was a clever response from Israel.  Not what I'd have done, because I'm not very clever.

Imagine what Iran must now be thinking now knowing how easily Israel can get past its defences, and how easily it and its allies can shoot down hundreds of drones, ballistic missiles and cruise missiles.

Iran's attack on Israel managed to draw some dark humour, not just from Israelis, but from Iranians as well, with comments like:

• First direct flights from Iran to Israel since 1979.
  • By God if they had thrown cucumbers, the casualties would have been higher.
  • The missiles launched by the Islamic Republic towards Israel enjoyed the journey more. The destination wasn't important.

https://www.iranintl.com/en/202404160445

https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-attack-draws-dark-humor-from-captive-israeli-audience/

Adding one more, the following is an excerpt from the article The Israel/Iran Situation, But With Jokes, by an American writer/comedian:

The Iranian attack involved more than 300 missiles and drones. Many were low-tech models that took hours to get to Israel, especially the ones that had to layover in Atlanta. The drones solved the “takes too long to get to Israel” problem by being shot down in other countries or failing in crashes that Boeing executives called “Not our fault for once.”

https://imightbewrong.substack.com/p/the-israeliran-situation-but-with

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

The Iranian attack involved more than 300 missiles and drones. Many were low-tech models that took hours to get to Israel, especially the ones that had to layover in Atlanta. The drones solved the “takes too long to get to Israel” problem by being shot down in other countries or failing in crashes that Boeing executives called “Not our fault for once.”

THAT^ was funny :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, and-then said:

THAT^ was funny :w00t:

This was my favourite bit from that article:

Of course, whatever course of action Israel takes will be fairly and objectively assessed by an international community that has consistent and well-defined standards for haha just kidding they’ll call it “genocide” and pass 17 angry UN resolutions no matter what Israel does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The latest news:

The New York Times published an account of Israel’s decision to hit back at Iran overnight Thursday-Friday, citing three unnamed Israeli officials, that says the original retaliatory plan included a much wider counterstrike on military targets including near Tehran.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/nyt-israels-original-plan-provided-for-major-strike-on-military-targets-including-near-tehran/

Nuclear weapons have no place in Iran’s nuclear doctrine, the country’s foreign ministry claims on Monday, days after an Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps commander warned that Tehran might change its nuclear policy if pressured by Israeli threats. “Iran has repeatedly said its nuclear program only serves peaceful purposes. Nuclear weapons have no place in our nuclear doctrine,” ministry spokesperson Nasser Kanaani says during a press conference in Tehran.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/irans-foreign-minister-claims-nuclear-weapons-have-no-place-in-its-nuclear-doctrine/

• Like 2

Oh, isn't this interesting lol

New satellite images seem to confirm apparent Israeli strike on Isfahan hit radar, negating repeated Iranian denials

Satellite photos taken today appear to confirm that an apparent Israeli retaliatory strike targeting Iran’s central city of Isfahan hit a radar system for a Russian-made air defense battery, contradicting repeated denials by officials in Tehran of any damage in the assault.

The strike on an S-300 radar in what appears to have been a very limited strike by Israel would represent far more damage done than in the massive drone-and-missile attack Iran unleashed against Israel on April 13. That may be why Iranian officials up to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei have been trying to dismiss discussing what the attack actually did on Iranian soil.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/new-satellite-images-seem-to-confirm-apparent-israeli-strike-on-isfahan-hit-radar-negating-repeated-iranian-denials/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hummm... Satellite images proving damages deep in Iranian territory. That they were powerless to stop.

Just like i suggested would happen.

Iran... You suck!

• Like 3

Why an I not surprised at this...

Activists say Iran used attack on Israel as cover to launch crackdown on dissent at home

The same day Iran launched its first-ever direct attack on Israel it embarked on a less-noticed confrontation at home, ordering police in several cities to take to the streets to arrest women accused of flouting its strict Islamic dress code.

Iranian authorities insist that their so-called Nour (Light) campaign targets businesses and individuals who defy the hijab law, aiming to respond to demands from devout citizens who are angry about the growing number of unveiled women in public.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/activists-say-iran-used-attack-on-israel-as-cover-to-launch-crackdown-on-dissent-at-home/

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Oh, isn't this interesting lol

New satellite images seem to confirm apparent Israeli strike on Isfahan hit radar, negating repeated Iranian denials

Satellite photos taken today appear to confirm that an apparent Israeli retaliatory strike targeting Iran’s central city of Isfahan hit a radar system for a Russian-made air defense battery, contradicting repeated denials by officials in Tehran of any damage in the assault.

The strike on an S-300 radar in what appears to have been a very limited strike by Israel would represent far more damage done than in the massive drone-and-missile attack Iran unleashed against Israel on April 13. That may be why Iranian officials up to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei have been trying to dismiss discussing what the attack actually did on Iranian soil.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/new-satellite-images-seem-to-confirm-apparent-israeli-strike-on-isfahan-hit-radar-negating-repeated-iranian-denials/

This is part of my problem with the IDF. They clearly do have the ability to make good strategic judgements. This strike was about the best response they could give. It shows Iran's inferiority and demonstrates what Israel could do if it ever came to a war.

Which makes it harder to believe missteps like mass civilian casualties and killing air workers are the result of poor decision making.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Setton said:

This is part of my problem with the IDF. They clearly do have the ability to make good strategic judgements. This strike was about the best response they could give. It shows Iran's inferiority and demonstrates what Israel could do if it ever came to a war.

Which makes it harder to believe missteps like mass civilian casualties and killing air workers are the result of poor decision making.

Unfortunately, tragic mistakes do happen in wars, even among the most advanced militaries. Precision-guided munitions, satellite imagery, and other high-tech equipment, whilst useful in mitigating casualties and structural damage, are not always accurate and infallible. Furthermore, it's not unusual for commanders to make rapid-fire decisions (on sometimes imperfect information) — especially in situations of high intensity warfare in dense urban areas where the enemy is deeply embedded in the civilian population. An attempt to suggest that some IDF actions are more than just poor decision making, is either blind to the realities of war, or holding Israel to a higher standard.

• Thanks 2

@Setton 

I looked further into the IDF's use of unguided bombs and the reason appears to be one of supply:

From the article cited below:

For example, the IDF is being criticized for its use of unguided bombs. It’s true that when available, a Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) kit installed on a “dumb” bomb is (at least) 10 times more accurate, but the pace of combat has already exacted a high cost on supplies of JDAMs. The IDF has conducted nearly 29,000 bombing missions since October, consuming a large part of the 12,000 JDAMs sold by the U.S in 2015 and the additional 3,000 provided since the October 7.attacks.

https://www.politico.eu/article/israel-bomb-campaign-gaza-hamas-war-defense-army/

• Like 2

Those who fault the Israelis for killing too many civilians never acknowledge the fact that if we accept Hamas' inflated numbers as accurate, we also have to accept the IDF's claims for how many of those casualties were fighters, and the ratio of soldier to civilian deaths is better than ANYTHING achieved by any other modern nation, at any time.  No, their attacks aren't about fairness or professionalism.  It's straight up hatred of the nation of Israel.  Israel needs to tell the world that they don't OWE the lood of their people to ANYONE, ANYWHERE.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, and-then said:

Those who fault the Israelis for killing too many civilians never acknowledge the fact that if we accept Hamas' inflated numbers as accurate, we also have to accept the IDF's claims for how many of those casualties were fighters, and the ratio of soldier to civilian deaths is better than ANYTHING achieved by any other modern nation, at any time.  No, their attacks aren't about fairness or professionalism.  It's straight up hatred of the nation of Israel.  Israel needs to tell the world that they don't OWE the lood of their people to ANYONE, ANYWHERE.

I've already outlined my justification for the numbers based on reported casualties of UN staff, not Hamas figures.

But it's your MO to paint anyone who doesn't believe your doomsday prophecies as hatred. You're boring now.

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

@Setton 

I looked further into the IDF's use of unguided bombs and the reason appears to be one of supply:

From the article cited below:

For example, the IDF is being criticized for its use of unguided bombs. It’s true that when available, a Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) kit installed on a “dumb” bomb is (at least) 10 times more accurate, but the pace of combat has already exacted a high cost on supplies of JDAMs. The IDF has conducted nearly 29,000 bombing missions since October, consuming a large part of the 12,000 JDAMs sold by the U.S in 2015 and the additional 3,000 provided since the October 7.attacks.

https://www.politico.eu/article/israel-bomb-campaign-gaza-hamas-war-defense-army/

So it's ok to use unguided munitions because they've dropped so many bombs on civilians they've run out of guided ones?

What an interesting justification for war crimes.

3 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Unfortunately, tragic mistakes do happen in wars, even among the most advanced militaries. Precision-guided munitions, satellite imagery, and other high-tech equipment, whilst useful in mitigating casualties and structural damage, are not always accurate and infallible. Furthermore, it's not unusual for commanders to make rapid-fire decisions (on sometimes imperfect information) — especially in situations of high intensity warfare in dense urban areas where the enemy is deeply embedded in the civilian population. An attempt to suggest that some IDF actions are more than just poor decision making, is either blind to the realities of war, or holding Israel to a higher standard.

Tens of thousands of "tragic accidents"?

Do you really think the IDF that incompetent?

21 minutes ago, Setton said:

I've already outlined my justification for the numbers based on reported casualties of UN staff, not Hamas figures.

On UN staff? Where are they getting their numbers from? Hamas?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Setton said:

So it's ok to use unguided munitions because they've dropped so many bombs on civilians they've run out of guided ones?

What an interesting justification for war crimes.

It's okay to use unguided munitions because....

Unguided bombs delivered by smart aircraft can be just as accurate as precision-guided munitions. All you need is a precise delivery system and bingo! Unguided bombs are also ideal for use in situations where obstacles prevent laser-guided deliveries. In scenarios where fleeting targets don't allow for the process of obtaining coordinates for GPS-guided weapons, a pilot with a precise delivery system can quickly reach the target before it disappears.

Check it out: The SPICE (Smart, Precise Impact, Cost-Effective) — an Israeli-developed, EO/GPS- guidance kit used for converting unguided bombs into precision-guided bombs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_(bomb)

How's that for an interesting justification for war crimes? Wait. What? lol

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Minor edit.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Tens of thousands of "tragic accidents"?

Tens of thousands? Really?

Oh I get it. No Hamas or other terror groups were harmed in the making of the war in Gaza.

Just civilians. Tens of thousands civilians to be (in)accurate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Tens of thousands? Really?

Oh I get it. No Hamas or other terror groups were harmed in the making of the war in Gaza.

Just civilians. Tens of thousands civilians to be (in)accurate.

101 UN staff killed out of 130,000 in Gaza. That's a death rate of 0.77%. Extrapolate that to the population and you get 17,000 dead. 

And that's on the assumption the IDF are no less likely to target UN workers than they are anyone else.

Hamas was only estimated to have 20-25000 members before the war.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Setton said:

101 UN staff killed out of 130,000 in Gaza. That's a death rate of 0.77%. Extrapolate that to the population and you get 17,000 dead. 

And that's on the assumption the IDF are no less likely to target UN workers than they are anyone else.

Hamas was only estimated to have 20-25000 members before the war.

Those casualty numbers would have been zero, by the way, were it not for Hamas’ genocidal intentions towards Israelis, and disregard for the lives of its citizens. Anyone branding the IDF as unhinged, inhumane aggressors solely responsible for the deaths of Gazan civilians is disconnected from reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, and-then said:

Didnt they (Hamas) say, of civilian deaths, that like 98% were woman and children? Are there simply no male civilians? Or are they somehow better at avoiding random bombs/bullets?

I honestly dont know, but are woman not allowed to fight in Hamas? I see plenty of woman who supported Hamas in schools, and aid programs, and at demonstrations around the world, but i suspect not so much in government, nor the military.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Those casualty numbers would have been zero, by the way, were it not for Hamas’ genocidal intentions towards Israelis, and disregard for the lives of its citizens. Anyone branding the IDF as unhinged, inhumane aggressors solely responsible for the deaths of Gazan civilians is disconnected from reality.

And, again, not as bad as currently is, if theyd not use civilians as shields. Which, also, is unhinged, but, apparently, celebrated, by thousands of ignorant college students.

Must be nice to be in such elite schools, while being so very ignorant. But than, they dont teach thinking anymore, do they? They teach submission to group-think.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Setton said:

But it's your MO to paint anyone who doesn't believe your doomsday prophecies as hatred. You're boring now.

Most of that UN staff were pro-Hamas locals. Only the top 1% of management were international UN designates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1