Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US intel said to indicate Iran could strike ‘Israeli soil’ in next 24 to 48 hours

Kittens Are Jerks

37 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

And, again, not as bad as currently is, if they'd not use civilians as shields. Which, also, is unhinged, but, apparently, celebrated, by thousands of ignorant college students.

Many of these 'human shields' are volunteers, others sadly, are forced. In addition to using human shields, Hamas uses another tactic against the Israelis that also endangers Gazan civilians. Have you ever wondered why Hamas fighters wear jeans and t-shirts instead of uniforms?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Didnt they (Hamas) say, of civilian deaths, that like 98% were woman and children? Are there simply no male civilians? Or are they somehow better at avoiding random bombs/bullets?

I've not heard Hamas announcing such a high percentage, but they do deliberately skew casualty stats as they know that the deaths of women and children garner more sympathy and aids their propaganda campaigns.

I honestly dont know, but are woman not allowed to fight in Hamas? I see plenty of woman who supported Hamas in schools, and aid programs, and at demonstrations around the world, but i suspect not so much in government, nor the military.

I doubt Hamas would view women as equals in that regard, but that doesn't, however, stop them from using women in suicide bombing missions. Reem Riyashi is a well-known example. Hamas received widespread criticism from Palestinians, as well as from some of their supporters, after Riyashi's death, not for the suicide bombing itself, but for selecting a mother of two young children to do it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reem_Riyashi

• Like 2

Iran tried to cover up damage of alleged Israeli strikes

Iran tried to cover up the damage caused by the alleged Israeli airstrike near Isfahan last week, satellite imagery shared with the Economist and the Institute for Science and International Security showed on Wednesday.

The alleged Israeli strike targeted an S-300 air defense battery near Isfahan in central Iran in response to a drone and missile attack launched by Iran against Israel earlier this month.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/iran-tried-to-cover-up-damage-of-alleged-israeli-strikes-report-798502

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Those casualty numbers would have been zero, by the way, were it not for Hamas’ genocidal intentions towards Israelis, and disregard for the lives of its citizens.

Irrelevant to the point.

Anyone branding the IDF as unhinged, inhumane aggressors solely responsible for the deaths of Gazan civilians is disconnected from reality.

Didn't.

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Most of that UN staff were pro-Hamas locals. Only the top 1% of management were international UN designates.

Source that please. Specifically about the 101 dead.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Setton said:

Most of that UN staff were pro-Hamas locals. Only the top 1% of management were international UN designates.

Source that please. Specifically about the 101 dead.

Here you go...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNRWA

UNRWA is the largest agency of the United Nations, employing over 30,000 staff, 99% of which are locally recruited Palestinians.[35][36]

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Didnt they (Hamas) say, of civilian deaths, that like 98% were woman and children

I've not heard Hamas announcing such a high percentage, but they do deliberately skew casualty stats as they know that the deaths of women and children garner more sympathy and aids their propaganda campaigns.

Actually it wasnt quite that high.

Given 30,000 dead. And a 70% ratio of woman and children, to men, that means 9000 men killed. Totals, and ratios, came from Hamas.

Than, given Hamas says 6000 fighters killed, and IDF says 10,000 fighters dead, lets say 8000. So that means only 1000 male civilians got killed. 

So, of the civilians thats 1000 men of 22000 total. Which is like 95% woman and children, so I exaggerated a tiny bit.

Point would remain if theres just not many civilian men, or if theyre just sneakier.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Didnt they (Hamas) say, of civilian deaths, that like 98% were woman and children? Are there simply no male civilians? Or are they somehow better at avoiding random bombs/bullets?

I honestly dont know, but are woman not allowed to fight in Hamas? I see plenty of woman who supported Hamas in schools, and aid programs, and at demonstrations around the world, but i suspect not so much in government, nor the military.

To this day, Hamas is still supported by over 80% of adults in Gaza and it's even higher in the so-called West Bank (Judea and Samaria).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Setton said:

Irrelevant to the point.

There was no point. Just your take on the numbers.

10 hours ago, Setton said:

Didn't.

Did. Just not in so many words.

• Like 1

Interesting opinion piece on the Iranian regime and its ambitions to dominate the Middle East, overthrow Western-style democracy, wipe out Israel, and impose Shia Islam on the world.

Iran's main goal: Destroy the world as we know it, impose Shia Islam globally

The massive armada of some 330 drones, ballistic, and cruise missiles, launched by Iran toward Israel in the early hours of April 14, marked a sea-change in the anti-Israel approach the Iranian regime has pursued since its foundation in 1979.

Its anti-Israel policy was embedded in the broad strategy known originally as the Shia Crescent, and later – when Sunni Hamas was embraced as an effective ally – as the Axis of Resistance, and now dubbed the Ring of Fire. The objective has been to acquire as much power and influence as possible across the Middle East in pursuit of its aim to become dominant, both politically and spiritually, in the region.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-798405

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Why nearly intact Iranian missiles are being found in the Negev - explainer

Travelers who were walking in the Arad area of the Judean desert, enjoying the starry night, were surprised to find themselves standing next to a ballistic missile, a remnant of the major attack that Tehran launched against Israel, which included more than 300 suicide drones, cruise missiles, and ballistic missiles.

This is not the first missile discovered in the south since the attack. Similar missiles were discovered nearby in the Dead Sea area immediately after. So how is it that civilians are still finding missiles on the ground ten days after the attack, especially after the IDF spokesman stated that Israel's air defense system successfully intercepted 99% of them?

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-798580

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Added source url.

3 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

There was no point. Just your take on the numbers.

Did. Just not in so many words.

I'm not responsible if the nuance goes over your head. You're so blindly infatuated with Israel that you can't comprehend someone can criticise them and blame Hamas.

22 minutes ago, Setton said:

I'm not responsible if the nuance goes over your head. You're so blindly infatuated with Israel that you can't comprehend someone can criticise them and blame Hamas.

Oh I got the nuance all right. It's the same nuance that permeates the bulk of your hit and run posts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Oh I got the nuance all right. It's the same nuance that permeates the bulk of your hit and run posts.

Hit and run? Don't know where you get that impression.

By all means enlighten me on that nuance. I strongly suggest you review the forum rules first and make sure you can back up any claims with quotes.

On 4/25/2024 at 5:44 AM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Iran tried to cover up damage of alleged Israeli strikes

Iran tried to cover up the damage caused by the alleged Israeli airstrike near Isfahan last week, satellite imagery shared with the Economist and the Institute for Science and International Security showed on Wednesday.

The alleged Israeli strike targeted an S-300 air defense battery near Isfahan in central Iran in response to a drone and missile attack launched by Iran against Israel earlier this month.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/iran-tried-to-cover-up-damage-of-alleged-israeli-strikes-report-798502

Is that why Israeli leaders are not attacking Iran anymore? 

56 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Is that why Israeli leaders are not attacking Iran anymore? 

Biden's administration threatening to cease resupplying Israel with critical munitions and spare parts is why Israel did not drop the hammer on Iran.  Even with those restrictions, Israel managed to make a deadly serious point to Iran's mullahs.  They destroyed some F-14s, knocked out a Syrian-based S-300 system on the way in, and hit on the doorstep on the Natanz nuclear facility.  The message was clear.  Iran's Hizballah dogs can hurt Israel badly - for awhile - but ZIsrael can return the favor to Iran and cannot be stopped if they choose to do so.  Remember that the mullahs hate Israel but they FEAR their own people more...

Israel has IMO - foolishly - allowed itself to be in a postion that allows DC to dictate even their self-defense moves.  Hopefully, this war will change that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Setton said:

So you can't.

Cant what. I showed 99% are locals. The other 1% are foreign management. 

It was in several of those UNRWA articles about the couple Hamas people who helped on Oct 7.

Ill see if i can find the exact link.

Damn youre a peach...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Biden's administration threatening to cease resupplying Israel with critical munitions and spare parts is why Israel did not drop the hammer on Iran.  Even with those restrictions, Israel managed to make a deadly serious point to Iran's mullahs. 

So if that’s such a truism then why did Israel attack Iran in the first place, because Biden voiced the same concerns then?

They destroyed some F-14s, knocked out a Syrian-based S-300 system on the way in, and hit on the doorstep on the Natanz nuclear facility.  The message was clear. 

Yes the message was very clear but not the one you’re prepared to concede. I told you and Ms Kitty Zealot that Israel’s reach was limited. Israel just hasn’t got that power and the Biden administration doesn’t have the political capital this close to an election to force regime change on Iran. 

If Israel could have taken out Iran it wouldn’t be waiting for American approval.

Iran's Hizballah dogs can hurt Israel badly - for awhile - but ZIsrael can return the favor to Iran and cannot be stopped if they choose to do so.  Remember that the mullahs hate Israel but they FEAR their own people more...

Irans proxies are mosquitoe bites on a lion. Beating up on Lebanon and Syria is just a consolation goal. 

Israel has IMO - foolishly - allowed itself to be in a postion that allows DC to dictate even their self-defense moves.  Hopefully, this war will change that.

As long as Israel is taking American money and first dibs at weapons and technology it will always do as America says

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Cant what. I showed 99% are locals. The other 1% are foreign management. 

It was in several of those UNRWA articles about the couple Hamas people who helped on Oct 7.

Ill see if i can find the exact link.

Damn youre a peach...

The request was that you show those 101 dead were Hamas members. You haven't done that.

2 hours ago, and-then said:

In America, it is America First.  Trump did not invent that concept.  It is the marching order of the deep state, it has always been.  In Israel. it is Israel first.  Individuals may have friends, but states do not.  It is about power, not friendship or morals.  Israel is cold eyed about what it needs to offer and what it can get from US and EU allies. Likewise, we weigh benefits versus disadvantages for the US  The US wants peace in this area as do many of the inhabitants.  Several of those, including Saudi Arabia and Jordan helped shoot down Iranian attack drones and missiles. peace is possible believe it or not.

If you were watching Vietnam War protests in the 70's you are seeing something familiar now.   American opinions are going through a shift.  Wars are being viewed as senseless. It is not a change that caused people to become more anti-Semitic, just more adverse to slaughter of women and children.   Israel can go their own way if they choose and we will continue to prevent Iranian attacks  like the current one We will protect but not join in attacks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Setton said:

The request was that you show those 101 dead were Hamas members. You haven't done that.

Ah, i see. Youre fixated on the 101. I was making a general statement.

You said...

On 4/23/2024 at 11:54 PM, Setton said:

101 UN staff killed out of 130,000 in Gaza. That's a death rate of 0.77%. Extrapolate that to the population and you get 17,000 dead. 

Hamas was only estimated to have 20-25000 members before the war.

So the UN has 130,000 employees in Gaza? I thought it was 13,000.

https://www.unrwa.org/where-we-work/gaza-strip

Eight recognized Palestine Refugee camps span the Gaza Strip and have some of the highest population densities in the world. Operating through over 13,000 staff in over 300 installations across the besieged coastal enclave, 

And the internet says it is 196 UN people dead, back into January. Where are you getting 101?

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/un-chief-hopes-israel-quickly-effectively-boost-gaza-aid-access-2024-04-05/#:~:text=UNITED NATIONS%2C April 5 (Reuters,and effectively boosts aid access.

Middle East UN chief to Israel: 196 aid workers have been killed, why?

So than for me to address your point, we at least need accurate numbers.

Sounds like you're trying to suggest Israel is targeting UN workers? 

Assuming Gaza's population of 2.4 million, and the UN workers at 13,000. Thats a ratio of 1 in 185, or about a 0.5% of the population.

Given 198 dead UN workers, and 34,000 dead overall, thats a ratio of roughly 1 in 170.

So, IMHO, given aid workers are probably in higher danger areas, there does not seem to be a significant statistical increase that would support UN workers being targeted any more than any other random person walking around these dangerous areas.

If you were wanting to discuss some other point, let me know specifically what youd like me to look into.

EDIT:

I cant show they were Hamas members. I never stated they were. But, it is a fact 99% of UNRWA are local Palestinians. And 80% of those support Hamas.

Betting against at least most of them being so is a bad bet.

Although, i dont even know that these were UNRWA. Are there other UN entities in Gaza at present?

EDIT: I dont see that there are any UN peacekeepers. And i think the UN aid is currently handed over to UNRWA at the borders.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Although, i dont even know that these were UNRWA. Are there other UN entities in Gaza at present?

Here's a list. Not sure how active any of these entities are at the moment.

https://palestine.un.org/en/about/un-entities-in-country

UNRWA was specifically created to assist the Palestinian refugees displaced in the 1948 and 1967 wars between Israel and its Arab neighbours, along with their descendants. It is separate from the main UN refugee agency, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, which deals with all non-Palestinian refugees in the world.

Other aid agencies currently in Gaza include: the Palestine Red Crescent Society, the International Red Cross, and Médecins Sans Frontières,

• Like 1

Whilst we're on the subject of aid workers, a Fatah TV anchor reported the following earlier this week:

Hamas kills aid workers to manufacture Gaza food crisis, Fatah charges

The Palestinian political faction Fatah charged on air that Hamas had deliberately killed aid workers, stolen aid and manufactured a food crisis in Gaza, according to a Palestinian Media Watch (PMW) investigation published on Sunday.  

A Fatah TV anchor reported that Hamas had attacked aid workers, stolen food and water and caused food prices to skyrocket in the Gaza Strip – which PMW said constituted a triple crime.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-798185

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Whilst we're on the subject of aid workers, a Fatah TV anchor reported the following earlier this week:

Hamas kills aid workers to manufacture Gaza food crisis, Fatah charges

The Palestinian political faction Fatah charged on air that Hamas had deliberately killed aid workers, stolen aid and manufactured a food crisis in Gaza, according to a Palestinian Media Watch (PMW) investigation published on Sunday.  

A Fatah TV anchor reported that Hamas had attacked aid workers, stolen food and water and caused food prices to skyrocket in the Gaza Strip – which PMW said constituted a triple crime.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-798185

Not overly surprising. As Fatah is the primary political group behind/controlling the PLO, and Palestine Authority.

Maybe this will turn some non-Gaza Palestinians away from Hamas support.

• Like 1