Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US intel said to indicate Iran could strike ‘Israeli soil’ in next 24 to 48 hours

Kittens Are Jerks

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Ah, i see. Youre fixated on the 101. I was making a general statement.

You said...

So the UN has 130,000 employees in Gaza? I thought it was 13,000.

https://www.unrwa.org/where-we-work/gaza-strip

Typo. My maths after that clearly shows I was using 13000.

And the internet says it is 196 UN people dead, back into January. Where are you getting 101?

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/un-chief-hopes-israel-quickly-effectively-boost-gaza-aid-access-2024-04-05/#:~:text=UNITED NATIONS%2C April 5 (Reuters,and effectively boosts aid access.

So than for me to address your point, we at least need accurate numbers.

Sounds like you're trying to suggest Israel is targeting UN workers? 

Not even close to what I said. Another attempted strawman.

I'm using UN staff casualties (as a reliable source) instead of Hamas provided numbers to extrapolate the casualty rate across the civilian population. It's very crude stats but probably more trustworthy than Hamas and gives an illustrative idea. See post #390.

In future, I'd suggest either coming up with better strawmen, or actually reading the conversation you're responding to, rather than making a fool of yourself getting the wrong idea.

I'd assume Israel is trying not to kill UN staff, which makes this a low estimate.

Let's use your 196 figure. It is a while since I checked. Probable a lot more have been killed.

196/13000 gives 1.5% death rate. 1.5% of Gazan population is 30,000. 

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I cant show they were Hamas members. I never stated they were. But, it is a fact 99% of UNRWA are local Palestinians. And 80% of those support Hamas.

That is not justification for killing them.

Edited by Setton
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2024 at 3:14 AM, DieChecker said:

I cant show they were Hamas members. I never stated they were. But, it is a fact 99% of UNRWA are local Palestinians. And 80% of those support Hamas.

99.2% to be exact. Of the 32,000 UNRWA staff and personnel in Gaza, just 0.8% are international.

The UN's Independent Review Group on UNRWA, tasked with assessing UNRWA’s adherence to principles of neutrality, recently released its findings. In it's report, the review group outlines no fewer than 50 policy recommendations that UNRWA should implement to strengthen its neutrality. The mere number is enough to signal that there is much work to be done on UNRWA’s end.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-798733

Israeli intelligence assesses that some 10% of all UNRWA employees in Gaza have ties to terror organizations and that around 50% of its employees in Gaza have at least one close relative with ties to the terror groups. The Associated Press claims to have seen an Israeli document alleging that at least 190 UNRWA workers were themselves Hamas or Islamic Jihad operatives (AP did not provide evidence of this report).

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-intel-shows-10-of-unrwa-workers-in-gaza-have-ties-to-terror-groups-report/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Israeli intelligence assesses that some 10% of all UNRWA employees in Gaza have ties to terror organizations

You still want to go down this path? Let's just assume Israeli statements are absolutely trustworthy and never manipulated to help their international image. For entertainment purposes.

So 10% of UN staff are tied to Hamas. 

196 UN staff dead. Assume 10% linked to Hamas gives 176 innocent dead out of 13,000 total.

Same calculations as set out before gives you 27,000 innocent dead. Is that justified, in your eyes, to go after a group that only numbered 25000 in total?

CNN got a look at Iran’s drones and missiles, what did it show?

The IRGC now claims its missiles are accurate to within 5 meters, which would be an extraordinary achievement if it were true.

Iranians boasted to CNN about their missile and drone program recently, providing a tour of an exhibit that shows off Iran’s capabilities. The goal for Tehran is to showcase the weapons it used against Israel in the April 13-14 attack.

This is also a way for Iran to show it has the ability to launch missile and drone attacks on other countries, with virtual impunity. Iran, now in the fifth decade of its regime, believes it is at a turning point and on the verge of becoming a premier military-technology power in the region.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/cnn-got-a-look-at-irans-drones-and-missiles-what-did-it-show-799581

29 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

The IRGC now claims its missiles are accurate to within 5 meters, which would be an extraordinary achievement if it were true

They're much more accurate than that!

Practically every one of them managed to hit an Israeli, American or British air defence missile!

• Haha 1