Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US intel said to indicate Iran could strike ‘Israeli soil’ in next 24 to 48 hours

Kittens Are Jerks

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

An IDF spokesman just reported that approximately 200, Drones, Missiles and Rockets have been fired at Israel.

CBS just posted a news break that Iran fired stuff again at Israel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Only_ said:

It didn't end well for Israel last time, not sure why would you expect a different outcome now?

Because of the overwhelming military force difference and their determination to finish the job.  Also, it looks like the Americans are prepared to clip the wings to Iranian proxies in Syria.  Finally, I doubt Iran will intervene, wary of Biden sending in forces to help Israel.

Basically, there is a different determination this time from Israel to finish the job compared to the last times.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

An IDF spokesman just reported that approximately 200, Drones, Missiles and Rockets have been fired at Israel.

CNN has it on breaking news too. Over 200 Iranian weapons have been fired at Israel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Because of the overwhelming military force difference and their determination to finish the job.  Also, it looks like the Americans are prepared to clip the wings to Iranian proxies in Syria.  Finally, I doubt Iran will intervene, wary of Biden sending in forces to help Israel.

Basically, there is a different determination this time from Israel to finish the job compared to the last times.

Godspeed to them,seek and destroy.

You folks are fast, clearly outpacing the news channels 😄

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Here's a video from CNN from Jerusalem. This is supposed to be now but the breaking news report is unclear. I don't know if they mean another attack has been launched or if it's the first one that's hitting now.

‘I haven’t seen something like that in the skies here’ Robertson reports from Jerusalem | CNN

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Iran is not only attacking Israel tonight, they are also attacking the Kurdistan Region of Iraq - several rockets have hit Erbil - and Erbil's Christian district Ankawa (where the US consulate is located). It’s safe to assume Northern Iraq is directing U.S. and Israeli operations against Iran 

I think they are making a big mistake attacking US Forces in Iraq.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Besides from hundreds of drones I'm hearing that Iran launched approximately 80 missiles in the first barrage and as of a few minutes ago launched a second barrage of approximately 70 missiles.

So you heard that Iran has launched a second attack?

CNN is showing missiles and drones coming in to Israel right now.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

Here's a video from CNN from Jerusalem. This is supposed to be now but the breaking news report is unclear. I don't know if they mean another attack has been launched or if it's the first one that's hitting now.

‘I haven’t seen something like that in the skies here’ Robertson reports from Jerusalem | CNN

I am pretty certain that this video is covering this current attack, not a new one Susie.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Godspeed to them,seek and destroy.

You folks are fast, clearly outpacing the news channels 😄

Of course!  If you want real political headlines fresh of the press, you don't go and seek them somewhere else, you come here at UM and join our friendly harmonious forums. 

Come on @Saru! Such great promotional advertisement deserves at least one of your likes, no? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

So you heard that Iran has launched a second attack?

CNN is showing missiles and drones coming in to Israel right now.

That is what I heard, what remains of the initial drones are probably now just getting to Israel while launched ballistic missiles would probably take 5 minutes to 20 minutes to hit Israel

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I am pretty certain that this video is covering this current attack, not a new one Susie.

I don't see anywhere where a second attack has been launched by Iran. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rare video of an exoatmospheric interception of an Iranian ballistic missile

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, susieice said:

I don't see anywhere where a second attack has been launched by Iran. 

I don’t think one has started yet Susie.

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I think they are making a big mistake attacking US Forces in Iraq.

Attacking U.S. forces anywhere is a mistake. Maybe they attacked as a warning to restraint Israel because they’re going to regret dragging America into a war during an election year 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Attacking U.S. forces anywhere is a mistake. Maybe they attacked as a warning to restraint Israel because they’re going to regret dragging America into a war during an election year 

I have no idea, but they certainly are making a Hugh mistake.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

The Israeli Home Front Command has let out a statement that Israelis no longer need to stay near bomb shelters.  It seems the attack is largely over but they did say the Israeli airforce is continuing to intercept drones and cruise missiles.

It seems tomorrow that Israel is going to decide on how they will respond to the attack

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DarkHunter said:

The Israeli Home Front Command has let out a statement that Israelis no longer need to stay near bomb shelters.  It seems the attack is largely over but they did say the Israeli airforce is continuing to intercept drones and cruise missiles.

It seems tomorrow that Israel is going to decide on how they will respond to the attack

I suspect that DC has already demanded that Israel stand down and not respond.  That would be a tremendous mistake, imo.  Iran launched a massive attack from its own soil.  That has to be answered.

• Like 1

Just now, and-then said:

I suspect that DC has already demanded that Israel stand down and not respond.  That would be a tremendous mistake, imo.  Iran launched a massive attack from its own soil.  That has to be answered.

The Israeli security cabinet has already authorized Netanyahu, the minister of defense, and Gantz to decide on how Israel will respond.  It seems unlikely that Israel is going to listen to anything America tries to demand

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I have no idea, but they certainly are making a Hugh mistake.

If they don't back down it will be the end of their authoritarian regime, also because a large percentage of the population is turning on them and have had enough of the strictness.  The last time the population revolted (Sept '23) following the death of that lady by the morality police, I was surprised by the number of men joining the protests.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, DarkHunter said:

Well,if this one wave was it and nothing else...I'm not sure what Israel should do.

Maybe this was just a test run for something larger,or Iran s*** their pants and put on an expensive fireworks show once they saw multiple countries were willing to act.

• Like 2

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Well,if this one wave was it and nothing else...I'm not sure what Israel should do.

Maybe this was just a test run for something larger,or Iran s*** their pants and put on an expensive fireworks show once they saw multiple countries were willing to act.

This was a rather large attack involving hundreds of drones, dozens of cruise missiles, and dozens of ballistic missiles.  Just cause the attack essentially failed, minor damage to one air base, doesn't mean Israel won't respond in a massive way.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, and-then said:

I think Israel handled it very well. Its defences sent the right signals. Israeli defences performed exceptionally well. Israel is apathetic to Iran’s “power”. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

Isn't the King married to a British?

I did a little looking into Queen Noor. She is the current King Abdullah's stepmother. She had at least 4 children with Hussein. Abdullah was the son of King Hussein's second wife, who also was British. He was named to inherit the throne and then Noor's son but the two men had a falling out when Abdullah accused Hamzah of plotting to over throw him. King Abdullah is married to Queen Rania, who is British. The Jordanian Royal Family has a lot of western bloodlines.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I think Israel handled it very well. Its defences sent the right signals. Israeli defences performed exceptionally well. Israel is apathetic to Iran’s “power”. 

I agree and let’s hope that continues. I just heard that it takes as much as 12 hours for cruise missiles from Iran, that seems like a long time. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

I did a little looking into Queen Noor. She is the current King Abdullah's stepmother. Abdullah was the son of King Hussein's second wife, who also was British. He was named to inherit the throne and then Noor's son but the two men had a falling out when Abdullah accused Hamzah of plotting to over throw him. King Abdullah is married to Queen Rania, who is British. The Jordanian Royal Family has a lot of western bloodlines.

Thank you that is some great information, I certainly was not aware of it.:tu:

• Like 4