Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US intel said to indicate Iran could strike ‘Israeli soil’ in next 24 to 48 hours

Kittens Are Jerks

17 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

If they don't back down it will be the end of their authoritarian regime, also because a large percentage of the population is turning on them and have had enough of the strictness.  The last time the population revolted (Sept '23) following the death of that lady by the morality police, I was surprised by the number of men joining the protests.

I certainly agree with you Iran is a very unstable country.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

This was a rather large attack involving hundreds of drones, dozens of cruise missiles, and dozens of ballistic missiles.  Just cause the attack essentially failed, minor damage to one air base, doesn't mean Israel won't respond in a massive way.  

Oh I very much agree,but if you are going to poke the nest, knowing it's full...

1 wave just doesn't make sense for the possible extreme consequences.

You disagree?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree and let’s hope that continues. I just heard that it takes as much as 12 hours for cruise missiles from Iran, that seems like a long time. 

I read somewhere today it’s around 2 hours from Iran to Israel. The article you read might have made a mistake and probably meant drones

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I read somewhere today it’s around 2 hours from Iran to Israel. The article you read might have made a mistake and probably meant drones

It was reported on the BBC international news. I believe your right 12 hours is long time, I think they were talking about Drones!:yes:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, susieice said:

I did a little looking into Queen Noor. She is the current King Abdullah's stepmother. Abdullah was the son of King Hussein's second wife, who also was British. He was named to inherit the throne and then Noor's son but the two men had a falling out when Abdullah accused Hamzah of plotting to over throw him. King Abdullah is married to Queen Rania, who is British. The Jordanian Royal Family has a lot of western bloodlines.

And the country receives lucrative aid from the US ($1.5 billion in 2020), including a FTA that keeps their economy prosperous and ongoing.  Being a cynical, no doubt the Royal Family will snatch some of the spoils.

link

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Thank you that is some great information, I certainly was not aware of it.:tu:

I thought it might make an interesting sidetrack while we wait to see what happens next. Jordan, the US and the UK have some serious blood ties to each other.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

It was reported on the BBC international news. I believe your right 12 hours is long time, I think they were talking about Drones!:yes:

Or maybe flying carpets. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree and let’s hope that continues. I just heard that it takes as much as 12 hours for cruise missiles from Iran, that seems like a long time. 

That sounds awfully slow. How fast can they go? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Oh I very much agree,but if you are going to poke the nest, knowing it's full...

1 wave just doesn't make sense for the possible extreme consequences.

You disagree?

I think Iran expected the attack to be far more successful then what it actually was. 

I don't think Iran expected Israel and America to detect the drone launches almost immediately and begin downing drones over Iraq.  Dozens of ballistic and cruise missiles with hundreds of drones probably would of over whelmed Israel's air defense and would of done significant damage.

Iran probably also is over estimating America's ability to restrain Israel along with under estimating how likely Israel is to retaliate and in what ways Israel will retaliate.  My guess is Iran was hoping to do a strike large enough to bloody Israel and show they can hurt Israel but not large enough to draw in America and have America limit how Israel would retaliate.

Historically Israel probably wouldn't of done much beyond attack proxy forces in Syria, Lebanon, and maybe Iraq with the possibility of an assassination or two but after October 7 I don't think that the historic trend to how Israel will react is valid anymore.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DarkHunter said:

I think Iran expected the attack to be far more successful then what it actually was. 

I don't think Iran expected Israel and America to detect the drone launches almost immediately and begin downing drones over Iraq.  Dozens of ballistic and cruise missiles with hundreds of drones probably would of over whelmed Israel's air defense and would of done significant damage.

Iran probably also is over estimating America's ability to restrain Israel along with under estimating how likely Israel is to retaliate and in what ways Israel will retaliate.  My guess is Iran was hoping to do a strike large enough to bloody Israel and show they can hurt Israel but not large enough to draw in America and have America limit how Israel would retaliate.

Historically Israel probably wouldn't if done much beyond attack proxy forces in Syria, Lebanon, and maybe Iraq with the possibility of an assassination or two but after October 7 I don't think that the historic trend to how Israel will react is valid anymore.

The UK was responding too. They've had a big presence along side the US since the attack on October 7.

US and UK forces help shoot down Iranian drones over Jordan, Syria and Iraq | Israel | The Guardian

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, susieice said:

The UK was responding too. They've had a big presence along side the US since the attack on October 7.

US and UK forces help shoot down Iranian drones over Jordan, Syria and Iraq | Israel | The Guardian

The UK helped out but their help was largely minimal and without their help it's unlikely anything would of actually changed.

While the RAF did help they were operating only out of Akrotiri airbase in Cyprus which doesn't have many fighter aircraft.  It seems about 4 RAF Typhoons are stationed at that airbase.  Each Typhoon can carry at most 6 medium range air to air missiles and 2 short ranged air to air missiles.  While the UK did help they were a minimal partner especially in comparison to Israel and America.  

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, susieice said:

I thought it might make an interesting sidetrack while we wait to see what happens next. Jordan, the US and the UK have some serious blood ties to each other.

I agree Susie, it certainly was and it’s very interesting to see all the Western blood lines tied into Jordan’s Kingdom.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

The UK helped out but their help was largely minimal and without their help it's unlikely anything would of actually changed.

While the RAF did help they were operating only out of Akrotiri airbase in Cyprus which doesn't have many fighter aircraft.  It seems about 4 RAF Typhoons are stationed at that airbase.  Each Typhoon can carry at most 6 medium range air to air missiles and 2 short ranged air to air missiles.  While the UK did help they were a minimal partner especially n comparison to Israel and America.  

They have a lot of ships in the Red Sea.

In the Red Sea, the Royal Navy Is Back – Foreign Policy

UK Deploys One of its Most Advanced Vessels to the Middle East (maritime-executive.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Or maybe flying carpets. :D

That’s really funny man, I can picture it as I type this!:D

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

If they don't back down it will be the end of their authoritarian regime, also because a large percentage of the population is turning on them and have had enough of the strictness.  The last time the population revolted (Sept '23) following the death of that lady by the morality police, I was surprised by the number of men joining the protests.

There is nothing I would like more than to see that despicable regime destroyed once and for all. Israel and Iran used to be on great terms. Iran was even one of the first Muslim countries to recognize the new state of Israel. But now, it's obsessed with the destruction of it. I would be lying if I said I didn't hope this latest incident wasn't the start of something that would ultimately lead to a complete annihilation of the current regime, and I suspect many Iranians feel the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

But I haven't heard of many reports of an attack coming from that direction and the only units that are talked about as taking part from the UK are of Typhoons from the airbase in Cyprus.  It seems the overwhelming majority of interceptions occured over Iraq, a couple over Jordan with the RJAF intercepting drones that entered their airspace, and interceptions over Israel.  It seems the Red Sea was not used for a significant amount of the attack.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I agree Susie, it certainly was and it’s very interesting to see all the Western blood lines tied into Jordan’s Kingdom.

She was an amazing lady. She's still very active. Ok, back to the thread. The current Queen Rania is not British. My bad. She was born in Kuwait to Palestinian parents. King Abdullah's mother was Princess Muna, British, and she is still in Jordan.

Her Majesty Queen Noor - King Hussein Foundation

Queen Noor of Jordan - Wikipedia

Queen Noor was born Lisa Najeeb Halaby[3] in Washington, D.C., U.S., the eldest child of Najeeb Halaby (1915–2003) and Doris Carlquist (1918–2015). Her paternal family is Syrian; her maternal family is Swedish American.[4] Her father was raised a Christian Scientist[5] and was a Navy experimental test pilot, an airline executive, and government official. He served as an aide to the United States Secretary of Defense in the Truman administration, before being appointed by President John F. Kennedy to head the Federal Aviation Administration. Najeeb Halaby also had a private-sector career, serving as CEO of Pan American World Airways from 1969 to 1972. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

There is nothing I would like more than to see that despicable regime destroyed once and for all. Israel and Iran used to be on great terms. Iran was even one of the first Muslim countries to recognize the new state of Israel. But now, it's obsessed with the destruction of it. I would be lying if I said I didn't hope this latest incident wasn't the start of something that would ultimately lead to a complete annihilation of the current regime, and I suspect many Iranians feel the same.

While I would also like to see the Government of Iran destroyed I think we must look at the bigger picture. I think this is the wrong time because it opens up to many fronts for Israel to fight on. I am afraid that at anytime that Hezbollah may also start attacking Israel by firing rockets. With all the targets incoming it could overwhelm the Israeli air defense systems. I sincerely hope this is not their plan, I hope I am wrong.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, susieice said:

The thing also about Jordan is that it's geographically located in the worse position for Israel to defend against.  Basically the eastern line of Israel's territory borders with Jordan except the top northern part where Israel occupies the Golan Heights that they annexed from Syria.  They also both share a tiny part of maritime territory onto the Red Sea in the South.  Luckily (for Israel), the US gives them financial and intellectual aid, has a military base in Jordan and there is a peace agreement between Israel and Jordan, the Wadi Araba Treaty, with a number of conditional requirements safeguarding Jewish and Muslim interests.  FWIW, Jordan is also one of the few Middle Eastern countries that recognises the State of Israel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

She was an amazing lady. She's still very active. Ok, back to the thread.

Her Majesty Queen Noor - King Hussein Foundation

Queen Noor of Jordan - Wikipedia

Queen Noor was born Lisa Najeeb Halaby[3] in Washington, D.C., U.S., the eldest child of Najeeb Halaby (1915–2003) and Doris Carlquist (1918–2015). Her paternal family is Syrian; her maternal family is Swedish American.[4] Her father was raised a Christian Scientist[5] and was a Navy experimental test pilot, an airline executive, and government official. He served as an aide to the United States Secretary of Defense in the Truman administration, before being appointed by President John F. Kennedy to head the Federal Aviation Administration. Najeeb Halaby also had a private-sector career, serving as CEO of Pan American World Airways from 1969 to 1972. 

Thanks for the information I will look at it as time permits, thanks Susie.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

While I would also like to see the Government of Iran destroyed I think we must look at the bigger picture. I think this is the wrong time because it opens up to many fronts for Israel to fight on. I am afraid that at anytime that Hezbollah may also start attacking Israel by firing rockets. With all the targets incoming it could overwhelm the Israeli air defense systems. I sincerely hope this is not their plan, I hope I am wrong.

That's what I was thinking...A test of defenses maybe?...

That said,why 1 wave and no proxy movement on the ground,with the possible consequences.

Something seems a little off... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation.  While Israel would feel entitled to retaliate if attacked, the US would also need to be careful that joining in with massive bombardments and civilian deaths in Iran could result in many in the population that currently hate their Islamic regime, turn their sentiment towards western and Jewish hatred.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

It would require a coalition of forces obviously, but it has to be done. Iran is the problem, and once it builds a nuclear weapon (and it will), it's going to become an even bigger problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I am actually surprised that Jordan is also shooting down Iranian drones 

Yea , i wonder if this didn't have something to do with the US, maybe they contacted Jordan.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Razman said:

Yea , i wonder if this didn't have something to do with the US, maybe they contacted Jordan.

That’s is certainly very possible my friend.

• Like 1