Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hair orb??

EPhoenixx

This morning I was resting, and I woke up suddenly, and when I did, I saw what looked like a clump of hair (about the size of a golf ball) floating directly above my head. I was wide awake. I did not feel threatened or anything. My first thought was, "What the heck!" 

My brain immediately thought maybe a ball of my hair that was clumped in a ball had somehow caught in the airflow and was floating right above my head. It was like a medium-to-light brown color, just in one spot from the rest of the room. Pretty quickly, it sort of went white/clear and was gone.

Does anyone know what this was? I looked online, and the closest picture I can find is what I've attached. Except mine was not black.

Does anyone know what this could have been? Is this just something wrong with my eyes, has anyone else experienced something like this?

04.12.2024.jpg

• Like 4

Eye floater perhaps?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EPhoenixx said:

Does anyone know what this could have been?

do you have a cat?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! I truly hope you find some answers for your experience.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EPhoenixx said:

Does anyone know what this could have been?

We can only speculate on anything paranormal but it sounds like some kind of collective energy. I've seen something similar but it had kind of electric sparks coming out of it, it was not ball lightning though. Also it could be some kind of paranormal entity, there are so many bizarre forms seen. The thing I witnessed was about the size of a soccer ball and rolled down my hall and my brothers pitbull attacked it and it vanished.

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum. :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EPhoenixx said:

This morning I was resting, and I woke up suddenly, and when I did, I saw what looked like a clump of hair (about the size of a golf ball) floating directly above my head. I was wide awake. I did not feel threatened or anything. My first thought was, "What the heck!" 

My brain immediately thought maybe a ball of my hair that was clumped in a ball had somehow caught in the airflow and was floating right above my head. It was like a medium-to-light brown color, just in one spot from the rest of the room. Pretty quickly, it sort of went white/clear and was gone.

Does anyone know what this was? I looked online, and the closest picture I can find is what I've attached. Except mine was not black.

Does anyone know what this could have been? Is this just something wrong with my eyes, has anyone else experienced something like this?

04.12.2024.jpg

Welcome to the forum, and I have never seen anything like it before!

14 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Eye floater perhaps?

That makes sense!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EPhoenixx said:

04.12.2024.jpg

YES! :w00t: I have experienced this and I even posted a topic about it here! At the time, no one replied that they had experienced it too so I'm pleased to meet you :st.

I have had this happen to me many times over the years, only ever upon waking, I have never seen it at any other time. It is close to the ceiling and lasts for maybe 5mns then simply disappears. It looks very like the picture you've posted although I've never thought of it as being 'hairy' before . . . more like a jumble of black spots that are moving ever so slightly.

Welcome to UM :D.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

The first thing I thought was an eye floater.

This type perhaps?

https://www.optometristsclinic.com/b/should-i-be-worried-about-eye-floaters

What I experience doesn't fit into any of those categories, because it only appears when I first wake up.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

What I experience doesn't fit into any of those categories, because it only appears when I first wake up.

I get it too, I just assumed it was some of the rods/my eyes getting old and taking a little longer to switch from “dark mode” to “light mode”. 

• Like 3

On 4/12/2024 at 2:34 PM, EPhoenixx said:

04.12.2024.jpg

Hypnopompic Hallucinations

Hypnopompic hallucinations are hallucinations that occur in the morning as you’re waking up  Trusted SourceNational Library of Medicine, Biotech InformationThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.View Source . They are very similar to hypnagogic hallucinations, or hallucinations that occur at night as you’re falling asleep. When you experience these hallucinations, you see, hear, or feel things that aren’t actually there. Sometimes these hallucinations occur alone, and other times they occur in conjunction with sleep paralysis.

For most people, hypnopompic hallucinations are considered normal and are not cause for concern. They generally don’t indicate an underlying mental or physical illness, though they may be more common in people with certain sleep disorders. Learn more about what hypnopompic hallucinations are, how they differ from other types of hallucinations, and what you should do if you experience them.  Link

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2024 at 8:00 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Eye floater perhaps?

A fair guess, but how big do eye floaters get?  This phenomenon seems to be at least fist-sized.

On 4/13/2024 at 5:34 AM, EPhoenixx said:

Because it involved rapid transition from a sleeping state I would like to suggest that it was a residual dream hallucination projected onto your waking consciousness.  This might be classed as an extremely mild schizophrenic episode.  Full blown schizophrenic episodes have the patients roaming around interacting with hallucinatory objects as if they are real, because the parts of their mind used for visualization (imagination, dreams, 3D modelling etc.) have kept projecting long after they woke up.  A number of unusual mental misfires can occur in the brain when it is trying to wake up.

Have you ever suffered from night terrors EPhoenixx? 

Edited by Alchopwn

7 hours ago, joc said:

For most people, hypnopompic hallucinations are considered normal and are not cause for concern. They generally don’t indicate an underlying mental or physical illness, though they may be more common in people with certain sleep disorders. Learn more about what hypnopompic hallucinations are, how they differ from other types of hallucinations, and what you should do if you experience them.  Link

Thanks for the link, joc. That was really helpful :tsu:.

• Thanks 1

Kaleidoscope vision: this is a temporary visual distortion, lasting about 20 minutes and often in both eyes. It can be the warning signs for some people that a migraine is about to hit, or if it occurs on its own, it's known as a visual migraine or ocular migraine. 

https://www.ocula.co.nz/#gsc.tab=0

I know I've had similar with the onset of an ocular migraine.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Kaleidoscope vision: this is a temporary visual distortion, lasting about 20 minutes and often in both eyes. It can be the warning signs for some people that a migraine is about to hit, or if it occurs on its own, it's known as a visual migraine or ocular migraine. 

I have also strobe light with eye closed or not and sometime total hallucination (dreaming awake) during migraine ... I let a victorian girl pass in the hallway one day before going to puke. Migraine is a b****. She was pretty tho, that was nice in a way, lol !

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 3

Let's see proven conditions of brain and or eye or unproven notion that entities take the form of floating hair balls?

I've had all kinds of eye weirdness , see things that look like a bulb or heater element, spinning static and undulating waves, etc my jump isn't to paranormal but rather optical migraines

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, XenoFish said:

That was a good idea XenoFish.  Distinctly possible.  Our EPhoenixx doesn't mention any pain, so a visual migraine perhaps?

Edited by Alchopwn

5 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

That was a good idea XenoFish.  Distinctly possible.  Our EPhoenixx doesn't mention any pain, so a visual migraine perhaps?

Another thing that comes to mind is charles bonnet syndrome. Unfortunately none of us can give a definitive medical answer. If the experience starts to reoccur or persist, they should seek medical help. 

If it's a one off type of thing, no real worries.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone! I truly appreciate the feedback.😀 Just to add to my symptoms, I felt wide awake, and my head was not hurting (I felt great). I did not feel scared or threatened. More so just startled to see it. It was not blurry but rather very clear.

To those who say it was an eye-floater:

I don't think it was an eye-floater. It wasn't blurry at all. It was very clear to me, which is how I could see there were lines, and the first thing was that something was floating above me, and it was almost like a hairball floating in the air. It was just DIRECTLY above my head. I did not have a headache, and I did not feel scared, and there were no bad vibes. To me, it was, or at least it looked very clearly there. So much so that I was startled and immediately called a loved one to tell them what I had just seen. I was like, "I have to be tripping because I just so saw something above my head when I woke up and then it was gone."

Night Terrors: I have never had night terrors (although I have a sibling who does, but they get them whenever they are stressed, which, again, I was not feeling).  

Schizophrenia: To the person who mentioned schizophrenia, that worries me, as my grandfather did suffer from it. I have never had any symptoms or anything like that in my life. I'm 40, so, not sure if/when something like that would start developing.

Collective Energy: I'm curious about this. I didn't see sparks, but it was wispy because of the lack of a better term, and it was just circular. I've never seen something like it before in my life. The closest way to describe it was a floating hairball, but I've never seen a hairball float like that. I only say hairball because of the shape (circular) and the wispy, hair-like appearance of the body. The other thing it reminded me of was the dirty boy from Charlie brown. The scribbles were hair-like, always around him. It was like a scribbly thing above my head. 

Edited by EPhoenixx
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2024 at 9:04 AM, XenoFish said:

It was there for a few seconds and disappeared. 

On 4/14/2024 at 12:23 AM, joc said:

Hypnopompic Hallucinations

Hypnopompic hallucinations are hallucinations that occur in the morning as you’re waking up  Trusted SourceNational Library of Medicine, Biotech InformationThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.View Source . They are very similar to hypnagogic hallucinations, or hallucinations that occur at night as you’re falling asleep. When you experience these hallucinations, you see, hear, or feel things that aren’t actually there. Sometimes these hallucinations occur alone, and other times they occur in conjunction with sleep paralysis.

Thank you for this. I will read more into this. I appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2024 at 12:45 AM, Alchopwn said:

A fair guess, but how big do eye floaters get?  This phenomenon seems to be at least fist-sized.

Because it involved rapid transition from a sleeping state I would like to suggest that it was a residual dream hallucination projected onto your waking consciousness.  This might be classed as an extremely mild schizophrenic episode.  Full blown schizophrenic episodes have the patients roaming around interacting with hallucinatory objects as if they are real, because the parts of their mind used for visualization (imagination, dreams, 3D modelling etc.) have kept projecting long after they woke up.  A number of unusual mental misfires can occur in the brain when it is trying to wake up.

Have you ever suffered from night terrors EPhoenixx? 

Funny enough I remember what I was dreaming about. It was about living in my old house and something that happened there. So to wake up and see that, it was not related to the dream. If that makes sense.

On 4/13/2024 at 7:18 AM, Saru said:

Welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you :)

• Like 1