Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ocean swimming elephant Rajan

Ajay0

Nature article on the elephant Rajan , who is located in the Andaman islands in the bay of bengal, and who is a regular ocean swimming elephant...

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2021/dec/08/rajan-last-ocean-swimming-elephant-jody-macdonalds-best-photograph-andaman-retirement

Every morning, Rajan would go into the jungle or walk down to the beach. He went swimming whenever he felt like it. He seemed to have adapted to swimming in salt water and even to enjoy it. I truly felt like he was having fun swimming in the ocean. I think that comes across in this picture. Many people tell me it looks like he’s smiling.

At times, he’d wade into the water a little bit and decide not to swim, and other times he’d submerge himself completely and swim out into deeper water, like someone doing laps in a pool. He’d totally immerse himself and use his trunk like a snorkel, which was so cool.~ Jody MacDonald

• Like 1