Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Squatters take over Gordon Ramsay's £13m London pub


Still Waters

Recommended Posts

Squatters have taken over a pub owned by Gordon Ramsay in central London, which is currently up for sale with a guide price of £13m.

The group of at least six people have boarded up windows and put up a "legal warning" defending their occupation of the Grade II-listed York & Albany hotel and gastropub near Regent's Park.

The BBC understands they want to use the space as a community art cafe.

BBC reporter Alison Earle, who is at the scene, said a notice asking for food and donations had been ripped down.

The Met said it had been called but it was a "civil matter".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68806116

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I know they're heart is in the right place but this is not how you do about it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Princess Serenity said:

I know they're heart is in the right place but this is not how you do about it.

But it is Gordon Ramsay's and because of that I think it's hilarious.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They can use it however they please …. After the fork over £13 million.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They can use it however they please …. After the fork over £13 million.

The UK has a housing crisis and an increasing number of empty homes. These homes are bought as investments as the housing crisis means they increase in value each year. For rich investors, buying empty properties, and keeping them empty is a better investment than gold. As each new home is built, or bought, they can be snapped up, kept empty, and then sold 10 years later with a 20% to 200% profit. All investors need is sufficient capital. And the average person is locked out of home ownership forever. Is that what you support? Over 676,000 empty homes ‘a national disgrace’, says lender - FTAdviser

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I've seen videos of when people finally get squatters out of their homes. Some of these people spend half the year in another part of the country or they just went on extended vacations for a month or two. When the squatters finally get dragged out there are holes in the walls, doors pulled off, garbage everywhere and the mattresses look like they've been in a barn and s*** all over...absolutely trashed. How can people live like that?

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

The UK has a housing crisis and an increasing number of empty homes. These homes are bought as investments as the housing crisis means they increase in value each year. For rich investors, buying empty properties, and keeping them empty is a better investment than gold. As each new home is built, or bought, they can be snapped up, kept empty, and then sold 10 years later with a 20% to 200% profit. All investors need is sufficient capital. And the average person is locked out of home ownership forever. Is that what you support? Over 676,000 empty homes ‘a national disgrace’, says lender - FTAdviser

No, I support not squatting and legal home ownership. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

The UK has a housing crisis and an increasing number of empty homes. These homes are bought as investments as the housing crisis means they increase in value each year. For rich investors, buying empty properties, and keeping them empty is a better investment than gold. As each new home is built, or bought, they can be snapped up, kept empty, and then sold 10 years later with a 20% to 200% profit. All investors need is sufficient capital. And the average person is locked out of home ownership forever. Is that what you support? Over 676,000 empty homes ‘a national disgrace’, says lender - FTAdviser

Not just the UK. Same **** is going on here in the US, too. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LaBron James has expressed concern about squatters in his area. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Squatters have taken over a pub owned by Gordon Ramsay in central London, which is currently up for sale with a guide price of £13m.

The group of at least six people have boarded up windows and put up a "legal warning" defending their occupation of the Grade II-listed York & Albany hotel and gastropub near Regent's Park.

The BBC understands they want to use the space as a community art cafe.

BBC reporter Alison Earle, who is at the scene, said a notice asking for food and donations had been ripped down.

The Met said it had been called but it was a "civil matter".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68806116

Did Gordon respond?

I'll bet it was like, " What the f.??

And a lot of 'fks' following. Gordon is great at cooking, but not so much concerning language, lol.

And I watch his programs on Dutch tv every day.

I like the guy.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do I get the feeling that this act of squatting has an ideological reason behind it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gordon Ramsay's £13million pub has been taken over by at least six squatters who have put up a 'legal warning'.

The group locked themselves inside the former York & Albany hotel and gastropub situated outside Regent’s Park, with new images having emerged over the weekend.

Calling themselves 'The Occupiers', they put up a notice on the door, which said the group had a right to occupy the venue.
 

https://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-news/gordon-ramsay-squatters-13million-pub-172552-20240414

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Posted (edited)

There are a lot of property owners who are going to look at this and demand that the laws change.  

Frankly paying a 5000 pound fine for evicting them with violence seems like a good option. 

They're obviously Marxists.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

There are a lot of property owners who are going to look at this and demand that the laws change.  

Frankly paying a 5000 pound fine for evicting them with violence seems like a good option. 

They're obviously Marxists.

I would also pay the fine and then drag them out screaming and kicking. The only way to deal with these people is by force and by putting the fear of god into them. That way they may think before they act in this manner again.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a good LOL out of this.

I imagine Gordon isn't going to play their game.

Squatters have been popping up all over in major US cities these days. Not sure how common it is in London.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny thing is right before this was posted I watched a UK horror about the exact same thing. Let's just say they picked the wrong house to try this.

Much as I dislike GR I dislike this more. I say he should send some of the lads from his old football club down to have a chat with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Squatters began leaving a Gordon Ramsay pub in London on Friday after the High Court ruled that the chef's firm could retake it.

Four people have so far left after locking themselves into the York & Albany near Regent's Park last week.

It is unclear how many people are still inside but BBC reporter Nick Johnson said people could be seen coming and going from the pub.

The court order means enforcement officers can retake the premises.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68854651

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Squatters began leaving a Gordon Ramsay pub in London on Friday after the High Court ruled that the chef's firm could retake it.

Four people have so far left after locking themselves into the York & Albany near Regent's Park last week.

It is unclear how many people are still inside but BBC reporter Nick Johnson said people could be seen coming and going from the pub.

The court order means enforcement officers can retake the premises.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68854651

God only knows what state it’s in now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the only reason this has happened is because squatters know what they can get away with.

if the law was one is legally allowed to beat the crap out of someone squatting then they wouldn't be there squatting.. simple 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.