Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Druid Civilization from Archaeological Texts

(Work in progress by David Olmsted, Illinois, USA)

(May 13, 2023) The past is Pagan yet Pagan history has been defined by those antagonistic towards it. All ancient texts until now have been translated by Non-Pagans and translated without standards. This has allowed bias and fraud to corrupt those translations. Without standards, peer review does not exist but only group-think. Those who control ancient text translations define history and that control has been exercised by both nationalists and dogmatic, faith based religions to suppress the universalist Pagan past in Europe ... until now.

Ancient Druid Civilization is defined as the Akkadian speaking Neolithic farmer civilization which swept out of Mesopotamia and into Europe and around the Mediterranean starting around 8500 BCE. They are the ones who built Stonehenge and other megalithic monuments. The last holdouts of this pre Indo-European civilization were the Minoans, Phoenicians, Aegean Islanders, Etruscans, Carthaginians, Nordic/Germanic, and Israelites.  All their archaeological texts are all in Akkadian.

https://www.druidwisdom.org./

https://independent.academia.edu/DavidOlmsted?swp=tc-au-43220051

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

B)

• Haha 1

Druids build Stonehenge..? Isn’t that as outdated as Velikovsky? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Druids build Stonehenge..? Isn’t that as outdated as Velikovsky? 

Lol. It were Akkadians.

Well, that's what Olmsted suggests.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Lol. It were Akkadians.

Well, that's what Olmsted suggests.

Gee, I thought Merlin the Magician built it, 

Akkadians…a better answer than Merlin.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

What on Earth led you to make a topic as such…?

Its quite a good idea tbh I will read your first post more closely.

Because I wouldn’t be surprised, if the Magi, Druids…did in fact build it…

Like who else would bother?

Edited by The Puzzler

Just now, The Puzzler said:

What on Earth led you to make a topic as such…?

Im joking lol

Its quite a good idea tbh I will read your first post more closely.

Because I wouldn’t be surprised, Magi, Druids…the whole kit and caboodle…build it.

Maybe you'll remember I posted a couple of days ago that I had read somewhere that the Akkadian language was the lingua franca in the Mediterranean.

Well, I think I found my source, heh.

It's an interesting point of view Olmsted publishes in his blog. But I do have doubts...

• Like 1

A temple to Apollo….I believe.

3 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Maybe you'll remember I posted a couple of days ago that I had read somewhere that the Akkadian language was the lingua franca in the Mediterranean.

Well, I think I found my source, heh.

It's an interesting point of view Olmsted publishes in his blog. But I do have doubts...

Yep, yep, ok.

Your topic is already 8th place on Google…it’s a good one 

IMG_1290.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Whoever built it had some deep knowledge of such things,  They weren’t newbies that’s for sure. Lugging stones from Wales and all.

Edited by The Puzzler

Akkadians possessed a definitive culture and civilization that is entirely absent from Stonehenge-era Europe.
We are then to suppose that they swept across Europe, forgetting who they are.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Harte said:

Akkadians possessed a definitive culture and civilization that is entirely absent from Stonehenge-era Europe.
We are then to suppose that they swept across Europe, forgetting who they are.

Harte

I'm not going to defend Olmsted, but this is what he posted in his blog (first link first post) :

Druid civilization began in the Neolithic with the first farmers. Image shows the spread of farming from Mesopotamia and Levant through Anatolia and into Europe as determined by archaeology. These farmers started to migrate starting around 9600 BCE and reached Britain by 4100 BCE. Akkadian is the native language of northern Mesopotamia. Map from Gronenborn, D., & Horejs, B. (2023).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

I'm not going to defend Olmsted, but this is what he posted in his blog (first link first post) :

Druid civilization began in the Neolithic with the first farmers. Image shows the spread of farming from Mesopotamia and Levant through Anatolia and into Europe as determined by archaeology. These farmers started to migrate starting around 9600 BCE and reached Britain by 4100 BCE. Akkadian is the native language of northern Mesopotamia. Map from Gronenborn, D., & Horejs, B. (2023).

If you remove the first word, then it sounds okay.   

But they weren't Druids in the same way the Pilgrim Fathers weren't Grunge rockers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It was a couple of Akkadians. I know because I sold them the airplane tickets back in Ur in Mesopotamia. I still recall them wearing t-shirts, shorts, sunglasses and sandals when they boarded the airplane. Stupid idiots: it was minus 15 degrees Celcius in Salisbury at the time. (January 21th)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Essan said:

If you remove the first word, then it sounds okay.   

But they weren't Druids in the same way the Pilgrim Fathers weren't Grunge rockers

I haven't found out why Olmsted uses that name. Maybe he just thinks it sounds 'cool'.

Quote from 1st link:

(July 19, 2022) "Druid Civilization" or Druid Culture" is the term I use for the long lost European/Mediterranean culture which existed prior to the invasion of the Indo-Europeans. These were the Neolithic farmers who built megalithic monuments and whose culture survived until 500 CE as an Akkadian speaking priestly class as evidenced by the Elder Futhark Runestones. Yet only now is their Akkadian speaking culture being recovered from their archeological texts. 

Genetic evidence shows that these Neolithic farmers migrated out of Mesopotamia starting around 8500 BCE (see images). The Indo-European invasion began around 3500 BCE. This means the builders of Stonehenge spoke Akkadian .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/357118-georgios-díaz-montexano-atlantis/page/13/#comment-7412664

Quote:

The origins of the Megalithic cultures in Europe remains controversial, but it appears to have emerged as a fusion of cultures from Mesolithic West Europeans with Near Eastern farmers who had migrated along Mediterranean coasts. DNA testing of remains from Megalithic burials showed that paternal ancestry was overwhelmingly Mesolithic European, while maternal ancestry was predominantly East Mediterranean.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I haven't found out why Olmsted uses that name. Maybe he just thinks it sounds 'cool'.

Quote from 1st link:

(July 19, 2022) "Druid Civilization" or Druid Culture" is the term I use for the long lost European/Mediterranean culture which existed prior to the invasion of the Indo-Europeans. These were the Neolithic farmers who built megalithic monuments and whose culture survived until 500 CE as an Akkadian speaking priestly class as evidenced by the Elder Futhark Runestones. Yet only now is their Akkadian speaking culture being recovered from their archeological texts. 

Genetic evidence shows that these Neolithic farmers migrated out of Mesopotamia starting around 8500 BCE (see images). The Indo-European invasion began around 3500 BCE. This means the builders of Stonehenge spoke Akkadian .

Interesting, maybe they did indeed.

On 4/14/2024 at 8:49 AM, Abramelin said:

(Work in progress by David Olmsted, Illinois, USA)

(May 13, 2023) The past is Pagan yet Pagan history has been defined by those antagonistic towards it. All ancient texts until now have been translated by Non-Pagans and translated without standards. This has allowed bias and fraud to corrupt those translations. Without standards, peer review does not exist but only group-think. Those who control ancient text translations define history and that control has been exercised by both nationalists and dogmatic, faith based religions to suppress the universalist Pagan past in Europe ... until now.

Ancient Druid Civilization is defined as the Akkadian speaking Neolithic farmer civilization which swept out of Mesopotamia and into Europe and around the Mediterranean starting around 8500 BCE. They are the ones who built Stonehenge and other megalithic monuments. The last holdouts of this pre Indo-European civilization were the Minoans, Phoenicians, Aegean Islanders, Etruscans, Carthaginians, Nordic/Germanic, and Israelites.  All their archaeological texts are all in Akkadian.

https://www.druidwisdom.org./

https://independent.academia.edu/DavidOlmsted?swp=tc-au-43220051

Oy... that's quite cringe-worthy.

Druids are a religious subgroup of some Celtic tribes (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/druid) -- a "job description", if you will, within a culture (not a civilization.)

And there are other henges around.

Stonehenge PRE-dates the Celts in England, who arrived about 1,000 BC (missing out on constructing Stonehenge by over a 1500 years) https://museum.wales/articles/1341/Who-were-the-Celts/#:~:text=Celts in Britain,and traditions continue to exist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2024 at 6:50 AM, Kenemet said:

Druids are a religious subgroup of some Celtic tribes (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/druid) -- a "job description", if you will, within a culture (not a civilization.)

Stonehenge PRE-dates the Celts in England, who arrived about 1,000 BC (missing out on constructing Stonehenge by over a 1500 years) https://museum.wales/articles/1341/Who-were-the-Celts/#:~:text=Celts in Britain,and traditions continue to exist.

You may have noticed that Olmsted never uses the word "Celts".

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 11:50 PM, Kenemet said:

I don’t think it’s quite as weird as what it first appears. The people who arrived in Britain from the central continent ie Bell Beakers etc  did not speak any kind of pre Celtic/Britannic language that’s for sure.

If a Brittonic Celtic type of Druid didn’t build them, who did? What language did they speak? 
Akkadian Magi? Magi are Druids also. 

Edited by The Puzzler

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 6:50 AM, Kenemet said:

Olmsted could have used "priest" instead of "druid", but then you could have said "priest" came into existence with Christianity (<presbyter)

Olmsted could have used "shaman" instead of "druid", but then you could have said it was a Siberian thing.

Olmsted's point, as far as I think I understand him, is that there was a kind of spiritual class that may have spoken Akkadian as a sacred language. Much like (some) churches still use Latin during their 'performances'.

And all he did was give them a name. Some name.

Edited by Abramelin

8 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Olmsted could have used "priest" instead of "druid", but then you could have said "priest" came into existence with Christianity (<presbyter)

Olmsted could have used "shaman" instead of "druid", but then you could have said it was a Siberian thing.

Olmsted's point, as far as I think I understand him, is that there was a kind of spiritual class that may have spoken Akkadian as a sacred language. Much like (some) churches still use Latin during their 'performances'.

And all he did was give them a name. Some name.

He said there was a "druid civilization."

This isn't possible.  A civilization is a large collective of humans who build and live in cities and who have a distinct culture, practice farming, have a society with different classes, have a distinct technology, and many specialized jobs (much as I hate to cite Quora, this is a good answer: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-society-culture-and-civilization#:~:text=What is the difference between civilizations and societies%3F,classes of individuals) within it.)

Druids were highly specialized individuals within the Celtic culture (the Celts weren't really a civilization.)  They didn't build druid-only cities, or have jobs that included "potato farmer" and "chicken rancher" and "sex worker" and "mayor" and "policeman." 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

He said there was a "druid civilization."

This isn't possible.  A civilization is a large collective of humans who build and live in cities and who have a distinct culture, practice farming, have a society with different classes, have a distinct technology, and many specialized jobs (much as I hate to cite Quora, this is a good answer: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-society-culture-and-civilization#:~:text=What is the difference between civilizations and societies%3F,classes of individuals) within it.)

Druids were highly specialized individuals within the Celtic culture (the Celts weren't really a civilization.)  They didn't build druid-only cities, or have jobs that included "potato farmer" and "chicken rancher" and "sex worker" and "mayor" and "policeman." 

It's like the guy just used the term "druid" because he felt like it.
Reminds me of Twain calling all his different hired guides "Ferguson": in "The Innocents Abroad."

Harte

• Like 3