Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former British PM Liz Truss says it ‘has to be’ Trump in White House next year

OverSword

Former British Prime Minister Liz Truss said Monday that it “has to be” former President Trump in the White House after the 2024 election, endorsing Trump for the office while laying criticism on President Biden.

“I don’t think Biden has been particularly supportive to the United Kingdom. I think he’s often on the side of the [European Union],” Truss said on British news radio station LBC. “And I certainly think I would like to see a new president in the White House.”

Truss, the shortest-serving prime minister in the country’s history, has been a major backer of American conservative politics since leaving 10 Downing Street in 2022.

Link

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Left leaning politicians and commentators would have been all over this a while back.

But  if  when Starmer is elected later this year he will have to have a productive relationship with the new president and it could well be Trump.

So response to this from those usually with something to say about Trump sounds like one hand clapping.

It might even be why Truss has produced such a troll like comment. 

Ouch. Coming from our shortest serving PM in history, that's a pretty damning indictment of Trump's chances.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@acute You didn't speak to her on your date night? 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Piney said:

@acute You didn't speak to her on your date night? 

It was 'speed dating', so we didn't have a ton of time to chat.

But, by the time we finished talking, she was booted out of the PM job! :o

• Haha 3