Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the US give approval for Iran to strike Israel?

OverSword

ANKARA, April 14 (Reuters) - Iran informed Turkey in advance of its planned operation against Israel, a Turkish diplomatic source told Reuters on Sunday, adding that Washington had conveyed to Tehran via Ankara that any action it took had to be "within certain limits".

Turkey, which has denounced Israel for its campaign on Gaza, said earlier on Sunday that it did not want a further escalation of tensions in the region.

The Turkish source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan had spoken to both his U.S. and Iranian counterparts in the past week to discuss the planned Iranian operation, adding Ankara had been made aware of possible developments.

Link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

A planned and coordinated s*** show...

Then afterward we tell Israel that the US won't be part of any counter strike.

This all reeks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

No wonder almost everything was shot down.

• Like 4

War is profitable for the Military Industrial Complex. Which is probably why JFK wanted to pull troops out of Vietnam before his assassination.

GenMikeFlynn.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Iran Receives Access to $10 Billion Thanks to U.S. Sanctions Waiver

The Biden administration on November 14 extended a sanctions waiver to allow Iran to access upwards of $10 billion in electricity revenue once held in escrow in Iraq. The waiver allows Baghdad to continue purchasing electricity from Iran and, in a change from past policy, for Iran to convert its revenue into euros and draw on the money for budget imports out of Iraq and Oman.

The extension comes just over a month after Hamas — a terrorist group armed and funded by the regime in Tehran — conducted a surprise attack on Israel, killing 1,200 Israelis and kidnapping more than 240. Other proxies financed and armed by Tehran have attacked U.S. troops in Iraq and Syria with rockets and drones.

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/11/15/iran-receives-access-to-10-billion-thanks-to-u-s-sanctions-waiver/

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The Turkish source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan had spoken to both his U.S. and Iranian counterparts in the past week to discuss the planned Iranian operation, adding Ankara had been made aware of possible developments.

I wouldn't interpret that as the US giving approval. The US, by the way, has denied that Iran gave it advance warning of the strike. It's already been discussed at some length in the following topic thread:

11 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I wouldn't interpret that as the US giving approval. The US, by the way, has denied that Iran gave it advance warning of the strike. It's already been discussed at some length in the following topic thread:

The US can deny that because the report is that the intel came from Turkey.

17 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Iran Receives Access to $10 Billion Thanks to U.S. Sanctions Waiver

The Biden administration on November 14 extended a sanctions waiver to allow Iran to access upwards of $10 billion in electricity revenue once held in escrow in Iraq. The waiver allows Baghdad to continue purchasing electricity from Iran and, in a change from past policy, for Iran to convert its revenue into euros and draw on the money for budget imports out of Iraq and Oman.

The extension comes just over a month after Hamas — a terrorist group armed and funded by the regime in Tehran — conducted a surprise attack on Israel, killing 1,200 Israelis and kidnapping more than 240. Other proxies financed and armed by Tehran have attacked U.S. troops in Iraq and Syria with rockets and drones.

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/11/15/iran-receives-access-to-10-billion-thanks-to-u-s-sanctions-waiver/

If you buy all of my groceries for me then I don't have to spend money on groceries and can instead spend my money on other things. Do you think that statement make any sense at all?

• Like 2

What a hot mess!

• Like 2

Too many people in suits who know more than the common person - 

while it's the common people who die and participate in the actual war.

While the people in suits collect paychecks from the development of the weapons/instruments of war and also, the spoils/land that war leaves behind.

Disgusting world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, OverSword said:

If you buy all of my groceries for me then I don't have to spend money on groceries and can instead spend my money on other things. Do you think that statement make any sense at all?

It's more like this: I give you money to buy groceries for the people in your community but you instead spend it on sling shots, crossbows and water pistols to attack Canada with. The Biden administration has thus far been carrying fire in one hand, water in the other when it comes to Iran. Someone needs to remind them that Iran is the world's foremost sponsor of terrorism. Why they continue to make every effort to appease, rather than stop the flow of funding to them, is beyond me.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The US can deny that because the report is that the intel came from Turkey.

I don't for a moment believe that the US relies on Turkey or anyone else in the Middle East for intel. They probably knew long before Turkey did. But that's neither here nor there. As much as I think the Biden administration has screwed up with Iran, I don't for a moment believe they would give Iran approval to strike Israel. Just because they might have warned Iran to limit their actions doesn't mean they gave it a conditional green light.

That's all I have to say on this. We've already discussed it ad nauseam on the other topic thread, and it's not a discussion I want to have twice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

War is profitable for the Military Industrial Complex. Which is probably why JFK wanted to pull troops out of Vietnam before his assassination.

Kennedy sent them there to begin with to protect Dupont's rubber and the Catholic Church's interests...basically, his own. 

And the only money made was by the Johnsons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Kennedy sent them there to begin with to protect Dupont's rubber and the Catholic Church's interests...basically, his own. 

And the only money made was by the Johnsons. 

According to RFK Jr. JFK signed an order to pull troops out of Vietnam. But weeks later he was assassinated. Troops remained there well into the 70s.

4 minutes ago, Hawken said:

According to RFK Jr. JFK signed an order to pull troops out of Vietnam. But weeks later he was assassinated. Troops remained there well into the 70s.

RFK Jr. Is a dependable source?

He wasn't assassinated because of the Nam dumbass. He started it over his rubber interests, realized he fked up and tried to end it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

RFK Jr. Is a dependable source?

He wasn't assassinated because of the Nam dumbass. He started it over his rubber interests, realized he fked up and tried to end it. 

I guess it all depends on what you choose to believe that best fits your personal narratives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

Dupont was ultimately a victim of the Islamic Revolution was it not?

Interesting you should mention Kennedy as I was reading an article the other day that suggested his administration's policy toward Iran was responsible for setting off a chain of events that ultimately brought about the Iranian Revolution. I've not yet done the research but thought I would mention it anyway.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I guess it all depends on what you choose to believe that best fits your personal narratives.

My personal narrative comes from the career officer who fought the whole length of it and raised me.

Military Industrial Complex....lol...another imaginary baddy to point hate at.

You do realized there is no loyalty in commerce. Which is why people like me who went to OCS and were trained to be officers laugh at people who think people like Biden or Trump would actually be loyal to their base. Suprise...They aren't. They are loyal to the buck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Dupont was ultimately a victim of the Islamic Revolution was it not?

Interesting you should mention Kennedy as I was reading an article the other day that suggested his administration's policy toward Iran was responsible for setting off a chain of events that ultimately brought about the Iranian Revolution. I've not yet done the research but thought I would mention it anyway.

Yup, we knocked out their government and installed the Shah using our Marines as bully boys and I knew one of those Marines personally as a kid because he was MACV-SOG with my father. 

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

This is easy folks! 

When Putin invaded Ukraine...who was President? Biden

When Hamas attacked Israel...who was President?  Biden

When North Korea fired 5 cruise missiles over the Sea of Japan...who was President? Biden

When Iran attacked Israel with missiles...who was President? Biden

When the Biden Administration told Israel to go pound snow, that they would be all alone if they retaliated against Iran...who was President? Biden 

Edit:  And when Biden told the Ukrainians, you have 6 hours to fire the prosecutor or I'm taking the billion back home with me...who was President?  Obama!  ...and who was Vice President?  Biden

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:

This is easy folks! 

When Putin invaded Ukraine...who was President? Biden

When Hamas attacked Israel...who was President?  Biden

When North Korea fired 5 cruise missiles over the Sea of Japan...who was President? Biden

When Iran attacked Israel with missiles...who was President? Biden

When the Biden Administration told Israel to go pound snow, that they would be all alone if they retaliated against Iran...who was President? Biden 

Who would have thought that the guy pretending to be senile was actually the global mastermind?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Just because they might have warned Iran to limit their actions doesn't mean they gave it a conditional green light.

Same difference IMO.  If you don't say do nothing but instead say don't do too much or else then you greenlighted.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Who told Eve it would be ok to eat the fruit of that tree?   Biden?

Edited by lightly
Biden.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Same difference IMO.  If you don't say do nothing but instead say don't do too much or else then you greenlighted.

Not necessarily. Besides, we don't know for certain what, if anything was said, and in what context it was said. This is all conjecture based on what an unnamed Turkish source said. I really don't want to play this silly guessing game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2