Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the US give approval for Iran to strike Israel?

OverSword

2 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Not necessarily. Besides, we don't know for certain what, if anything was said, and in what context it was said. This is all conjecture based on what an unnamed Turkish source said. I really don't want to play this silly guessing game.

****ing Turks sitting in the middle and poking the bears on either side is what it looks like. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Related to this: Republicans, Democrats call for immediate vote on military aid package after Iran strike on Israel (msn.com)

If we are to buy into the conspiracy theory that the US was complicit in the show attack on Israel, then this could very well be objective they wished to achieve for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong. This was already passed by the Senate was it not? If so, then the so-called 'show attack' was for no other reason than to push Mike Johnson to bring it forward for a House vote?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

****ing Turks sitting in the middle and poking the bears on either side is what it looks like. 

****ard's  always do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Not necessarily. Besides, we don't know for certain what, if anything was said, and in what context it was said. This is all conjecture based on what an unnamed Turkish source said. I really don't want to play this silly guessing game.

I believe Reuters is too responsible as an organization for there to be no meat in this sandwich.

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

In other words you believe there were diplomats in Turkey communicating Irans intentions to the US and NATO?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Just now, OverSword said:

I believe Reuters is too responsible as an organization for there to be no meat in this sandwich.

We should at least know what kind of meat before we eat the sandwich, don't you think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, OverSword said:

Yup, but they are still repeating Turkish intel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. This was already passed by the Senate was it not? If so, then the so-called 'show attack' was for no other reason than to push Mike Johnson to bring it forward for a House vote?

Why yes!  You have to adhere to the idea that Biden is a mastermind manipulating global events for the "Deep State", of course.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yup, but they are still repeating Turkish intel.

Which means what, in your opinion?

• Like 1

Damn OS and Kittens, y'all read my mind...

Now it's down to Jimmy John's or Firehouse 😆

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think that what @Piney means is that Turkey's intelligence agency is notorious amazingly trustworthy. If it wasn't, why then would it conduct clandestine operations abroad to intimidate its critics, opponents and dissidents? Oh wait...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, lightly said:

Who told Eve it would be ok to eat the fruit of that tree?   Biden?

Wrong!!

That would be Clinton...

Hey Eve, heh, heh, heh...you know, it really depends on what the definition of Die is...heh, heh, heh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Poking the bears. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It's all conjecture...period!  None of us know what goes on behind closed doors in the house next door to us...much less the White House, much less in Tehran! And what the News Media tells us is just so much Bull Baffle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I think that what @Piney means is that Turkey's intelligence agency is notorious amazingly trustworthy. If it wasn't, why then would it conduct clandestine operations abroad to intimidate its critics, opponents and dissidents? Oh wait...

You wouldn't be talking about certain Kemalists like the one in New Jersey Trump wanted to give them would you?

Mustafa would have Erdogan's head on a lance were he alive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

You wouldn't be talking about certain Kemalists like the one in New Jersey Trump wanted to give them would you?

Mustafa would have Erdogan's head on a lance were he alive.

I did not have a specific example in mind, nor do I know anything about the Kemalist in New Jersey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I did not have a specific example in mind, nor do I know anything about the Kemalist in New Jersey.

Wiki search Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. He hero worshipped our founding fathers like Franklin and Jefferson then turned Turkey into a secular democracy which Erdogan is trying to reverse and is running down his biggest followers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Wiki search Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. He hero worshipped our founding fathers like Franklin and Jefferson then turned Turkey into a secular democracy which Erdogan is trying to reverse and is running down his biggest followers. 

Kinda made me a little sick the amount of praise Erdo was getting back around the beginning of the Ukraine war for their drones...

That snake has 2 heads,no telling what the other end was up to at the time.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Why yes!  You have to adhere to the idea that Biden is a mastermind manipulating global events for the "Deep State", of course.

The point I was making...was not...that Biden is a mastermind...he's a complete Dufus!  The point is that this is what happens when we hire a real Dufus...for President.  Rotten to the core.  None of this stuff happened on Trumps watch did it?  And if it had he would be crucified for it. That's my point. Counter Point:  You can't argue with the facts: Biden!

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, joc said:

The point I was making...was not...that Biden is a mastermind...he's a complete Dufus!  The point is that this is what happens when we hire a real Dufus...for President.  Rotten to the core.  None of this stuff happened on Trumps watch did it?  And if it had he would be crucified for it. That's my point. Counter Point:  You can't argue with the facts: Biden!

But the exact same thing did happen under Trump's watch. 

He used a drone to kill an Iranian general in Iraq.  Iran launched missles at US troops and injured 100 or so of them.  Trump didn't further retaliate and everyone seems to have magically forgotten that it even happened. Iran retaliates for Gen. Soleimani's killing by firing missiles at U.S. forces in Iraq (nbcnews.com)

Russia was in Donbas and Crimea (Ukraine) and Trump was witholding aid.  There was battles in Ukraine the whole time Trump was in office, but it was "Russian seperatists" instead of "Russian soldiers" doing the fighting. Timeline of the war in Donbas (2016) - Wikipedia

Granted- Trump is a Dufus too.

Edited by Gromdor
added links
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Personally, I think the End of the Age of Aggression is approaching. People in all nations are getting sick of it. People in the US, EU, Israel, and  Iranians expatriates are asking why this is happening and want it stopped.  Iranians can't ask that too openly in Iran I guess.  The Ayatollahs came to power through revolution, they are skittish about leaving it the same way.  It is not just the US or Israel or Iran,  Trump and Biden didn't cause it, they are just reacting to the world as alliances shift and power grabs are in play.

I was also thinking about 1984 and the permanent wars of distraction between the 3 powers in the book.  They find their  people an outside enemy to occupy their attention so they don't pay too much attention to what happens domestically.  Seems to apply to every country involved.  I am also wondering if the US and EU are trying to change the dynamic.   It will still be a contest, but might rely more on economics and soft power than conquest and military  adventures.   In addition to US and EU, Saudi Arabia and Jordan also helped defend Israel I believe.  That would be consistent with protecting your friends and pushing for stability rather than an expansive war.

On the other side of the tug of war, you have  Netanyahu as well as the Iranian regime questing for more territory and power, to name only two.

And, big factions of all three  Abrahamic religions are all in for war. Recruitment and retention for them is based on a miserable world of slaves and displaced people and wars because things are so much better in Heaven for the downtrodden and victims. Seems pretty cynical I know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

“The statement of Robert E. Lee―who’s no longer in favor, did you ever notice that?” Trump continued. “No longer in favor―‘Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.’ They were fighting uphill. He said, ‘Wow, that was a big mistake.’ He lost his great general, and they were fighting. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys!’ But it was too late.”

Adufussayswhat?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

Same difference IMO.  If you don't say do nothing but instead say don't do too much or else then you greenlighted.

Didn't he say something very similar to Putin just prior to the start of the Ukraine festivities?

5 minutes ago, and-then said:

Didn't he say something very similar to Putin just prior to the start of the Ukraine festivities?

The infamous Biden's minor incursion remark in I believe January, something like 2 to 6 weeks before the invasion if I remember correctly

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

But the exact same thing did happen under Trump's watch. 

He used a drone to kill an Iranian general in Iraq.  Iran launched missles at US troops and injured 100 or so of them.  Trump didn't further retaliate and everyone seems to have magically forgotten that it even happened. Iran retaliates for Gen. Soleimani's killing by firing missiles at U.S. forces in Iraq (nbcnews.com)

Russia was in Donbas and Crimea (Ukraine) and Trump was witholding aid.  There was battles in Ukraine the whole time Trump was in office, but it was "Russian seperatists" instead of "Russian soldiers" doing the fighting. Timeline of the war in Donbas (2016) - Wikipedia

Granted- Trump is a Dufus too.

:unsure2:

:yes:

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, joc said:

None of this stuff happened on Trumps watch did it? 

Is Lincoln the worst President in US history because the Civil War happened on his watch?

• Like 3