Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pro-Palestinian protesters burn American flag in NYC, chant ‘death to America’

docyabut2

Posted (edited)

Pro-Palestinian protester burns American flag in NYC, some chant ‘death to America’ (@probablyreadit/X)

A viral video has revealed the moment a protestor set an American flag on fire outside Brooklyn Borough Hall

Edited by docyabut2
  • Sad 2

Thought you were meant to be pro-freedom of speech?

• Like 4

What else should they do for a nation that's FUNDING their genocide?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Thought you were meant to be pro-freedom of speech?

Yeah, but there are Double Standards.

flag4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Florida's got it right.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

"Pro-Palestinian protesters burn American flag in NYC, chant ‘death to America’ "

1993 called, they want their headline back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

Florida's got it right.

You and I may disagree elsewhere here in the forums , but thank you for this.👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zebra3 said:

Florida's got it right.

DeSantis doesn't take no crap. :tu:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hawken said:

Yeah, but there are Double Standards.

flag4.jpg

Exactly my point. You can't defend the second one but object to the first.

Got any examples of people being charged with hate crime for burning a flag?

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Exactly my point. You can't defend the second one but object to the first.

Got any examples of people being charged with hate crime for burning a flag?

Since most American flags are made in China. Burn away. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Since most American flags are made in China. Burn away. 

Cool.

So...no examples to back your hate crime claim? Surprising.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Burning a Pride flag is protected under the US. Constitution’s First Amendment and won’t be penalized unless the activity also violates other laws.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N37N1L5/

Not quite...

Man charged with hate crime for destroying LGBTQ Pride flags at Stonewall National Monument

A Colorado man has been arrested for allegedly removing and destroying LGBTQ Pride flags at New York City's Stonewall National Monument, which commemorates iconic uprisings in the struggle for LGBTQ+ civil rights.

Patrick Murphy, of Denver, was charged with a hate crime and "criminal mischief" after he allegedly removed and "broke" multiple transgender Pride flags that were displayed on the fence surrounding Christopher Park, New York Police Department Detective Ronald Montas told USA TODAY. Murphy, 25, was arrested Monday, Montas said.

cont...

LGBTQ Pride flags destroyed near the Stonewall Inn; suspect arrested (usatoday.com)

• Like 6

First thought is how would things go if a group of people were in Gaza's largest city shouting 'Death to Palestine' and burning the Palestinian flag?

That right there tells me why America is superior to a place under Hamas dictatorship.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

Cool.

So...no examples to back your hate crime claim? Surprising.

Is your google down for maintenance? I quit sharing links since they get rejected all because they don't fit someone's narratives. Waste of my time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Not quite...

Man charged with hate crime for destroying LGBTQ Pride flags at Stonewall National Monument

A Colorado man has been arrested for allegedly removing and destroying LGBTQ Pride flags at New York City's Stonewall National Monument, which commemorates iconic uprisings in the struggle for LGBTQ+ civil rights.

Patrick Murphy, of Denver, was charged with a hate crime and "criminal mischief" after he allegedly removed and "broke" multiple transgender Pride flags that were displayed on the fence surrounding Christopher Park, New York Police Department Detective Ronald Montas told USA TODAY. Murphy, 25, was arrested Monday, Montas said.

cont...

LGBTQ Pride flags destroyed near the Stonewall Inn; suspect arrested (usatoday.com)

That's destruction of property. Nobody is going to be arrested and charged with a hate crime if they buy a pride flag and burn it themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Is your google down for maintenance? I quit sharing links since they get rejected all because they don't fit someone's narratives. Waste of my time.

Clearly it must be because it didn't return a single result to back up your claim.

I'm sure you have one to hand though. You wouldn't have made an unsupported claim, would you?

• Like 1

While i feel they have the right to do it, it is disturbing that they chose to come to a country they hate.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Setton said:

Clearly it must be because it didn't return a single result to back up your claim.

I'm sure you have one to hand though. You wouldn't have made an unsupported claim, would you?

Refer to Post #14. Michelle has a link about it.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Myles said:

While i feel they have the right to do it, it is disturbing that they chose to come to a country they hate.

They come here for no other reason than to spread the scourge of Islam. Anything they say differently is a lie.

Edited by Zebra3
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Kinda like those celebrities. They say they'll leave the US if Orange Man Bad is elected, but never do.

I think when most people protest. It just fills the void in their empty lives and gives them a feel-good moment.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

Deep down they know their country of origin is a sh!thole which is why they choose to live here.  You see this level of hypocrisy all the time with activist.  It is no different from how those BLM chicks bought mansions in white neighborhoods.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Refer to Post #14. Michelle has a link about it.

None of those are for "burning a flag". They're for criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and the hate crime. You can't have a hate crime without something else alongside it.

In this case, the difference is that those flags didn't belong to those vandalising them.

To make your point, you need someone burning a flag they own being charged with a hate crime.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1