Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

somethin weird is happening!

cheesebar101

the other day i went to the store, and picked up a book, and i started to read. i finshed the book, like in an hour. it was like 230pages! the weird part is i dont even remember reading it! i remeember buying it, walking home, and i remember starting to read. and i remember finishing it...uhh what happened to the middle! i dont remember anything!, but i know i read it, cause i rememberee all the middle. AHH its soo confusing. i am really not understanding it at all....

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cheesebar101

• Homer

• schadeaux

• Starlyte

Top Posters In This Topic

I've experienced that before. I buy a book, read the beginning (maybe a chapter or two), then the very end, and realize I know the whole story without reading it.

Then I realize I read the same book several years before. Same book, but with a different cover and back cover blurb, so I didn't immediatly recognize it. I guess that is a hazard of shopping at used book stores laugh.gif .

I must admit this happens to me a lot, but because I tend to get sidetracked. I'm still reading, but my mind is thinking of other things and in another place all together. Did you have a lot on your mind at them time?

no..you guys real;yl dont underatdn, i dont remeber anyhitng. not jsut reading the book, i cant remember anyhting, i have looked up this kinda stuff, and it all leads to an abucution...im kinmda thinking its not though, i wanna say i passed out, but i was still reading the book, only until after i finished the book, i realized i was not remebering anyhitng...

It does not have to be an abduction; in fact, without some other sort of evidence I'd advise not giving that another thought. Reading can bring on a meditation-like state, and in that state you may very well have flipped pages without reading them, more rapidly than you normally would, until you got to the end of the book. Naturally you wouldn't remember anything, because you didn't actually read the book, and the meditation itself leaves no memory, since it is not an "active" mental state.

I have slipped into meditative states while reading, and I always have to go back to where it started, because though I've looked at pages and flipped them, I haven't read a word.

Edit: I am suggesting that you may not "remember the middle" the way you think you do. Read the book again (parts of it at least) to see.

cheesebar101,

If I had to guess, I would say it's drug related, and that you're most likely high on something even you wrote your post.

You had a poor spelling problem in your first post, and it became obviously worse in your second, almost to the point of being incoherent.

It's just a guess.

Sometimes when I read, I get very into the story, and soar through it, almost like it is a movie playing in my head. Could that be the case with you? Even with "abucutions" rolleyes.gif people have recognition of that. I don't know really smile.gif

lol @ homer

Was thinking the same thing

HOMERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by Magikman

LOL @ Homer and Shadeaux

I experience that too but I think its just my inability to concentrate on the words that my eyes are actually zipping by.I remember turning pages in books ,my brain never absorbs the information though so i think thats what prevents me from remembering it. BUt then again i zone out way too much in the classroom and even in the middle or beginning or conversations with people. I think whatever happened to you Cheesebar, couldve been some sub-concious black out.