Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada's best-documented UFO case still intrigues 57 years on

"Canada's best-documented UFO case still intrigues 57 years on"

Intrigues who?

FFS, no one actually believes this do they?

"Claims: Physical Evidence of Steve Michalak's Falcon Lake UFO Incident"

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/claims-physical-evidence-of-steve-michalaks-falcon-lake-ufo-incident.12439/

"Skeptics of the Falcon Lake UFO Incident state that Michalak's burns were as a result of an accident stemming from alcohol use, and that his claim was in order to hide their cause. In reporting the incident, Michalak would potentially dissuade any competitors from prospecting in his site. The subsequent frenzy by the public and media caused the reverse effect however, with numerous individuals descending upon the site.[3] The pieces of melted radioactive metal were purported by skeptics of the case to have been planted following the incident to solidify the hoax.[3][26]

"John B. Alexander writing in the Journal for Scientific Exploration states that some of Michalak's long-lasting effects, including the skin lesions which he claimed to be due to his exposure to the exhaust blast, were as a result of an allergic reaction. Alexander highlighted the inconsistencies within Michalak's testimony with regards to the event.[16]

"Aaron Sakulich writing for the Iron Skeptic agrees with the alcohol-use explanation.[27] Michalak's inconsistencies in his testimony when discussing his interactions with highway patrol officer G.S. Solotki as well as the nature of the drinks Michalak had prior to the incident were of note. Michalak's claim that he was sober was disputed by the staff at the Falcon Hotel, who stated Michalak had drunk several Presbyterians (a type of cocktail drink consisting of rye whiskey, ginger ale, and water).[27] Michalak's claim of his interactions with G.A. Solotki are directly disputed by Solotki's own report for the RCMP the night of the incident, which stated Michalak was reluctant to answer Solotki's questions despite his visible burns and possibly inebriated state.[27] In claiming that he was victim to a UFO related attack, Michalak could deflect attention away from prospecting competition on a site in which Michalak had already staked a claim."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Have you seen the pictures of his wounds? The grill pattern doesn't match. Anyone with a brain can tell. He never once claimed aliens. Yeah makes total since oops i had an accident let me make up a story no one will believe and get harrassed till i die much better than i had an accident *rolls eyes. Why not say a bird like one of the cranes he saw knocked him over on to the grill? Thinking he made up the story he did while drunk  is more ridiculous than believing he saw some weird. Also have you ever been drunk? I have never myself or anyone i know have ever been extra creative while drunk it makes you less creative. This is coming from the experience of an artist. I am not saying what he thought he saw was completely reall. For the record i don't believe Aliens are landing on earth and neither did he. 

Edited by WitchHearse
  • Confused 1

It's simply more of the recycling of very old items to try and garner clicks and views from younger folks who have zero knowledge of this stuff.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I don't really believe it. 

I can't explain his injury but who says that the injury was received on his trip into the woods?

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

irn skeptic

I too first read this case as a credious kid but learned a bit as time passed,  I can put a few more hole in the case, anyone who has welded, not brazing know that welding shield glass will block the sun meaning "welding goggles" would be a rotten terrible choice for eye protection when playing geologist, you couldnt see your find,

The glove had it melted or burned wouldn't have allowed his fingers injured.

My grandmother raised me and she had a collection of mismatched trays, dishes etc she broght with her one tray would have matched what ever grid was used as a template to make the burns, and if we are talking interstellar craft would it really have such an arcanic propulsion system? He didn't say aliens though yet described it just like craft from movies etc of the era, he jumped the look at me bandwagon and of course had ufo resechers involved.

Idk what happened but I sure am not the credious kid thinking it was aliens.

• Like 3

What we need here is Paul Harvey and "The rest of the story".

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oh yes. This story is funny because his hat was burned but he had no burned hair and two fingers of his glove were melted all the way through but the fingers didn't show any irritation from the heat. And he called a newspaper for help (?) but told them he didn't want them to publish anything about his story (???). He didn't plan this hoax very well.

Edited by astrobeing
  • Like 2