Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

D.C. Mayor goes to the Masters on the taxpayers dime

Myles

I have many thoughts on this.    

I am glad that politicians are been watched for things like this.  The left watching the right and the right watching the left.  4

Is the mayor stupid enough to think they could do this?  

Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser apparently traveled to the ritzy Masters golf tournament on the taxpayer's dime – writing off the expense as a business opportunity to "promote sports and economic development" in the nation's capital. 

Professional golf's major event The Master's in Augusta, Georgia is more than 500 miles from Washington, D.C.

A spokesperson confirmed to DC News Now that the airline flights to and from Augusta, Georgia, were paid with city funds, though the cost of the flights was not released.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dc-mayors-taxpayer-funded-trip-ritzy-masters-golf-tourney-called-economic-development-visit

• Like 1

There is quite a bit of networking going on down there with movers and shakers.  I wouldn't necessarily say there is anything wrong with the trip.

4 hours ago, Edumakated said:

There is quite a bit of networking going on down there with movers and shakers.  I wouldn't necessarily say there is anything wrong with the trip.

I would.   It is taking advantage of the taxpayers.

An obvious fake story. Going to the Masters costs way more than a dime....

• Haha 1