Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dozens of anti-Israel agitators zip-tied, arrested after fiery protests at Ivy League university


docyabut2

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Over 100 arrested in Columbia U unrest as NYPD clears ‘Gaza solidarity encampment’

With a phalanx of police outside its gates and student protesters crowding the street, Columbia University erupted in unrest Thursday over the Israel-Hamas war. The mass demonstration at New York City’s Ivy League school and its aftermath represented an escalation after months of tensions over the war. On Wednesday morning, students awoke to an encampment of large green and white tents in two concentric circles covered a large portion of the campus’ central quad, opposite the library.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/over-100-arrested-in-columbia-u-unrest-as-nypd-clears-gaza-solidarity-encampment/

Of note: Columbia suspended just three students for their role in anti-Israel activities, including daughter of US Rep. Ilhan Omar.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-797798

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Added source url.
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have New York News on my cable and I have it on. 108 arrests were made. They occupied the south lawn of the university for over 30 hours. All but 2 arrested went peacefully. Officers were harrassed by the crowd. There are still some protestors but they are off campus.

Trump's trial news is up next. They need 5 more alternates and the trial begins. 5 jurors are from Manhattan. A nurse had been dismissed earlier today because she felt intimidated and didn't know if she could handle disclosure of some of her personal information and one was dismissed because some of his answers in court may have been inaccurate. On the news cast, they said the first was uncomfortable with the media and the second may have had a run in with LE he hadn't mentioned. They got the replacements and all 12 jurors are sworn in and seated. Some of the composition of the jury is in the link. Trump is dissing the jurors on social media. Prosecutors have asked for Trump to be held in contempt.

I typed as fast as I could . Now I'll try and link. lol Read both articles. They contain a lot of information. And it's right from New York news broadcast. I did fill in a little info in my post.

100+ pro-Palestinian protesters arrested at Columbia: mayor (pix11.com)

12 jurors have been seated in Donald Trump’s hush money trial | PIX11

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Of note: Columbia suspended just three students for their role in anti-Israel activities,

Interesting to see they're finally abandoning the pretence that opposing Israeli action is anti-Semitism. Now it's just anti-Israel.

Who'd have thought you'd be punished in America for expressing opposition to a country that isn't even the US?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, susieice said:

I have New York News on my cable and I have it on. 108 arrests were made. They occupied the south lawn of the university for over 30 hours. All but 2 arrested went peacefully. Officers were harrassed by the crowd. There are still some protestors but they are off campus.

Trump's trial news is up next. They need 5 more alternates and the trial begins. 5 jurors are from Manhattan. A nurse had been dismissed earlier today because she felt intimidated and didn't know if she could handle disclosure of some of her personal information and one was dismissed because some of his answers in court may have been inaccurate. On the news cast, they said the first was uncomfortable with the media and the second may have had a run in with LE he hadn't mentioned. They got the replacements and all 12 jurors are sworn in and seated. Some of the composition of the jury is in the link. Trump is dissing the jurors on social media. Prosecutors have asked for Trump to be held in contempt.

I typed as fast as I could . Now I'll try and link. lol Read both articles. They contain a lot of information. And it's right from New York news broadcast. I did fill in a little info in my post.

100+ pro-Palestinian protesters arrested at Columbia: mayor (pix11.com)

12 jurors have been seated in Donald Trump’s hush money trial | PIX11

I wouldn't wanna be on that jury

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, susieice said:

Trump is dissing the jurors on social media. Prosecutors have asked for Trump to be held in contempt.

Details?  Links?  Please.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Details?  Links?  Please.

Read the links posted. It's there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, susieice said:

Read the links posted. It's there.

I'm just a dumb Brit.  Neither opens for me:

This content is not available in your country/region.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do Brits have access to the AP? It was an AP article anyway. It's probably worth investigating things oneself if one's backwards country blocks them from certain Internet content. Pretty hard for someone located in the best country in the world to assess the myriad geographic blocks that might affect others consumption of the Internet.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-manhattan-stormy-daniels-michael-cohen-b514cb52bb31a82579cb827c40166173

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Setton said:

Interesting to see they're finally abandoning the pretence that opposing Israeli action is anti-Semitism. Now it's just anti-Israel.

What pretense? Is recognizing antisemitism really that difficult? But yeah sure, by all means then, explain how chants like 'death to Jews', 'from the river to the sea', 'resistance by any means necessary', and 'globalize the intifada', are not antisemitic. If you're not clear on what some of these terms mean, here's a crash course.

Opposing Israeli government policies or advocating for the rights of Palestinians is not inherently antisemitic. A line is crossed, however, when such views and opinions intersect with antisemitic myths, symbols and chants. Another line is crossed when Jews (individually or collectively) are held responsible for Israel’s policies and actions.

Criticism of Israel almost always veers into antisemitic territory, and I have yet to see a pro-Palestinian protest where it didn't.

12 hours ago, Setton said:

Who'd have thought you'd be punished in America for expressing opposition to a country that isn't even the US?

You are aware are you not, that the punishment had nothing to do with a mere expression of opposition? Silly me, of course you are.

 

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Minor correction.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

I'm just a dumb Brit.  Neither opens for me:

This content is not available in your country/region.

I'm sorry. It is in the links. I have the New York news on now and the jury selection is complete. They haven't said if the judge decided to charge him with contempt. Opening statements will begin on Monday.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

they were chatting death to America and oct 7 can happen a  million times over 

   

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Setton said:

Interesting to see they're finally abandoning the pretence that opposing Israeli action is anti-Semitism. Now it's just anti-Israel.

Who'd have thought you'd be punished in America for expressing opposition to a country that isn't even the US?

There’s a line between saying “Israel is wrong” (most of us have done that) and saying “Hitler didn’t go far enough” or “Intefada 2”. Ther former is political statement, the later threats to the safety of other students. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Too bad that distinction was not being made by protesters as well when they were threatening and attacking fellow students who were Jewish.

And let's not forget the protesters who were heard shouting ‘We are Hamas,’ ‘Long live Hamas’.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/anti-israel-protesters-heard-shouting-we-hamas-long-live-hamas-columbia-university-demonstrations

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Setton said:

Interesting to see they're finally abandoning the pretence that opposing Israeli action is anti-Semitism. Now it's just anti-Israel.

Who'd have thought you'd be punished in America for expressing opposition to a country that isn't even the US?

Actually, Setton, you could protest against the US and encounter no problems - especially on college campuses. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

I'm just a dumb Brit.  Neither opens for me:

This content is not available in your country/region.

Where are you from, Tom, the Bermuda Triangle?  lol

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2024 at 7:36 PM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

 

Of note: Columbia suspended just three students for their role in anti-Israel activities, including daughter of US Rep. .Ilhan Omar

 

Of course Omar is proud of her daughter for being a racist.

ep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) is “enormously proud” of daughter Isra Hirsi’s arrest during an anti-Israel protest, she said Friday in her first public comments since the 21-year-old was busted in New York City.

“I am enormously proud of my daughter,” the far-left “Squad” congresswoman wrote on X

Omar then detailed Hirsi’s history with activism, going back to her teenage years, which culminated Thursday with her suspension from Barnard College and arrest during a disruptive anti-Israel protest at Columbia University.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/19/us-news/ilhan-omar-proud-of-isra-hirsis-arrest-at-columbia-anti-israel-protest/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

There’s a line between saying “Israel is wrong” (most of us have done that) and saying “Hitler didn’t go far enough” or “Intefada 2”. Ther former is political statement, the later threats to the safety of other students. 

Exactly my point. Yet for years, the pro-Israel lobby, and Israel itself, has tried to conflate one with the other.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2024 at 1:38 PM, docyabut2 said:

Yay!!!

Antisemitism is still popping up at East Coast universities it seems.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Myles said:

Of course Omar is proud of her daughter for being a racist.

ep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) is “enormously proud” of daughter Isra Hirsi’s arrest during an anti-Israel protest, she said Friday in her first public comments since the 21-year-old was busted in New York City.

“I am enormously proud of my daughter,” the far-left “Squad” congresswoman wrote on X

Omar then detailed Hirsi’s history with activism, going back to her teenage years, which culminated Thursday with her suspension from Barnard College and arrest during a disruptive anti-Israel protest at Columbia University.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/19/us-news/ilhan-omar-proud-of-isra-hirsis-arrest-at-columbia-anti-israel-protest/

If your activities get you kicked out... Then you earned getting kicked out.

Omar is another idiot i cant believe gets reelected repeatedly. Shes open in her hate and prejudice.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of these protesters getting busted are beyond pale white,and come from multi million dollar families...

Kind of makes sense why none of these "justice" rallies ever make it too or tear up and loot their neighborhoods!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amid unrest at Columbia University, campus rabbi urges Jewish students to stay away until it’s safe to return

Following days of unrest and anti-Israel action at Columbia University in New York City, the university’s orthodox rabbi sent a message to Jewish students urging them to stay away from campus until it is deemed safe again, CNN reports.

In a message seen by CNN, the rabbi condemned the “terrible and tragic” events of the last few days. Recent events “have made it clear that Columbia University’s Public Safety and the NYPD cannot guarantee Jewish students’ safety in the face of extreme antisemitism and anarchy,” the rabbi wrote.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/amid-unrest-at-columbia-university-campus-rabbi-urges-jewish-students-to-stay-away-until-its-safe-to-return/

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

A lot of these protesters getting busted are beyond pale white,and come from multi million dollar families...

Speaking of beyond pale white, check out these protesters from another protest somewhere in the US:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Speaking of beyond pale white, check out these protesters from another protest somewhere in the US:

 

That just goes to show how far the American educational system has fallen,and even older folks are now getting their information from TikTok these days...

It's like watching soft city dwelling hillbilly's is the only way one can really describe it.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.