Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An unusual dream


Bendy Demon

Recommended Posts

I had an odd dream several days ago, while most of the details are scattered and disjointed but what was most prominent was I seen this image of what looked to be Kali but she was more Ivory colored and there was this man sitting near me looking at the same image and was singing some song that consisted mostly of 'Kali Bhuma' and the words to the rest of his song was indiscernible but that small phrase was what I remembered even now.

Now I know Kali is the Hindu goddess of Destruction, power, creativity and so on but Bhuma is, as I understand, a Hindu goddess who is the personification of earth among other things. Kali also has apparently 12 forms too.

What I am puzzled by is that I am not a Hindu and know precious little of it. Secondly I have not viewed or listened to anything relating to Hinduism or its denominations.

So...maybe it was simply just a dream but it was rather specific too.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

I had an odd dream several days ago, while most of the details are scattered and disjointed but what was most prominent was I seen this image of what looked to be Kali but she was more Ivory colored and there was this man sitting near me looking at the same image and was singing some song that consisted mostly of 'Kali Bhuma' and the words to the rest of his song was indiscernible but that small phrase was what I remembered even now.

Now I know Kali is the Hindu goddess of Destruction, power, creativity and so on but Bhuma is, as I understand, a Hindu goddess who is the personification of earth among other things. Kali also has apparently 12 forms too.

What I am puzzled by is that I am not a Hindu and know precious little of it. Secondly I have not viewed or listened to anything relating to Hinduism or its denominations.

So...maybe it was simply just a dream but it was rather specific too.

I would think it tends to lend itself to things that are currently going on in your life.

One, The Goddess of destruction.  Two, The Goddess of the Earth.  Possibly generated by your subconscious as something that has to do with you personally.  I would suggest looking at your personal life from the perspective of your own thoughts.  Fears and keeping yourself grounded...that sort of thing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@joc

Well..I am not sure my subconscious generated Bhumi as that deity exists and I never even heard of it until I had that dream if that is what you meant. Kali can be many things, not just a destroyer however I do tend to obsess quite a bit over things especially recently. I mean, I am all alone, stranded and abandoned basically. So in that sense I do not feel very hopeful that things are going to change.

I really don't know how to keep myself grounded really unless you consider doing piddly things like crocheting and stuff like that as 'grounding'.

Anyway..I did not intend to come off as being dismissive..I do need to look at my own mindset but with no support or anything it is hard to feel any sense of stability or security.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

So...maybe it was simply just a dream but it was rather specific too.

folk dream strange stuff all the time- i don't understand why you feel a need to start a topic about it!?!?

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

folk dream strange stuff all the time- i don't understand why you feel a need to start a topic about it!?!?

Because this is a forum where people discuss stuff.

Sounds like you've been having a bad day in order to harp at someone for posting. Maybe I have asked you for approval first before daring to post?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bendy Demon said:

Because this is a forum where people discuss stuff.

Sounds like you've been having a bad day in order to harp at someone for posting. Maybe I have asked you for approval first before daring to post?

in defense mode when not being attacked... I'm asking you a serious question:

why do you feel a need to tell everyone? What does this need mean to you? Think about it
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dejarma said:

in defense mode when not being attacked... I'm asking you a serious question:

why do you feel a need to tell everyone? What does this need mean to you? Think about it
 

I still do not understand your reaction, I do believe YOU were the one who decided to complain because someone posted in a section of a forum designed to discuss things like dreams.That is what this forum is for and I am not going to apologize for trying to have a discussion.

Seriously what is bothering you? Why take it out on me specifically. Did I inadvertently say something to upset you or do you simply feel like you need to try and pick a fight with someone? Seriously I do not understand your reaction.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

Seriously I do not understand your reaction.

obviously not.. i'll leave you to it then- have a good weekend😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

obviously not.. i'll leave you to it then- have a good weekend😉

You started it by complaining then refused to explain why you are so offended and I am just trying to understand why but if this post bothers you that much then please report it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bendy Demon said:

You started it by complaining then refused to explain why you are so offended and I am just trying to understand why but if this post bothers you that much then please report it.

really you want to go there??? will you listen to what i suggest?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

I had an odd dream several days ago, while most of the details are scattered and disjointed but what was most prominent was I seen this image of what looked to be Kali but she was more Ivory colored and there was this man sitting near me looking at the same image and was singing some song that consisted mostly of 'Kali Bhuma' and the words to the rest of his song was indiscernible but that small phrase was what I remembered even now.

Now I know Kali is the Hindu goddess of Destruction, power, creativity and so on but Bhuma is, as I understand, a Hindu goddess who is the personification of earth among other things. Kali also has apparently 12 forms too.

What I am puzzled by is that I am not a Hindu and know precious little of it. Secondly I have not viewed or listened to anything relating to Hinduism or its denominations.

So...maybe it was simply just a dream but it was rather specific too.

You are a strong person whose internal soul and external gifts have not yet been fully realized, but you are on the right path. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

@joc

Well..I am not sure my subconscious generated Bhumi as that deity exists and I never even heard of it until I had that dream if that is what you meant. Kali can be many things, not just a destroyer however I do tend to obsess quite a bit over things especially recently. I mean, I am all alone, stranded and abandoned basically. So in that sense I do not feel very hopeful that things are going to change.

I really don't know how to keep myself grounded really unless you consider doing piddly things like crocheting and stuff like that as 'grounding'.

Anyway..I did not intend to come off as being dismissive..I do need to look at my own mindset but with no support or anything it is hard to feel any sense of stability or security.

 

You don't sound dismissive to me.  I think you misunderstood what I meant by, 'generated by your subconscious'.  Probably a bad choice of wording on my part.  I didn't mean generated as 'created'.  But you had read or heard of Bhumi before...you just don't remember.  But, the important thing is that your subconscious is where all your memories are stored.  It's only possible to consciously remember so much.  Most of the things we see and hear we never remember again...but they are still there, etched into our memory.

The subconscious has many jobs but one of the most important is to support the conscious thought of the moment.  Whatever it is.  Our subconscious mind is searching through memory files in search of something that will support the conscious thought.  However, when we dream, there is no conscious thought.  The subconscious then is free to analyze the conscious thoughts that are now memory.  The subconscious mind seeks memories that convey a message to the conscious mind.  It basically takes memory and creates visuals to tell a story to the conscious mind.  

So, You dream of Kali and Bhumi.  Last sentence of your quote:  I do need to look at my own mindset but with no support or anything it is hard to feel any sense of stability or security.

The bolded part possibly has something overall to do with the dream.  You need to feel the security of Bhumi, but the goddess of destruction, power, creativity is difficult to deal with.  She is very powerful and can destroy or create, at her own choosing.  I think your dream suggests  the combination of forces of Kali and Bhumi as a team. Hence, 'Kali, Bhuma'.  

You, yourself have the power.  The Power of Kali is yours.  You are the Creative One, You are the Destructive One, and, You are the one who seeks the grounded aspects of Bhumi.  

In summary:  Your dream is perhaps illustrating to your conscious mind, the power that is already yours, but you must control it.  You must make the decisions to create, or destroy...and those decisions/choices must be grounded in the reality that is...the personification of the Earth. Reality.

Just my thoughts.  Thanks for sharing your dream. :)

Edited by joc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Guyver said:

You are a strong person whose internal soul and external gifts have not yet been fully realized, but you are on the right path. 

Yeah but in a path to what is another question. At the age of 53 I have yet to see even a barest hint of my external gifts. There is that possibility that I may not even have any and am just a generic person and with a black and yellow label to boot! :D

 

3 hours ago, joc said:

You don't sound dismissive to me.  I think you misunderstood what I meant by, 'generated by your subconscious'.  Probably a bad choice of wording on my part.  I didn't mean generated as 'created'.  But you had read or heard of Bhumi before...you just don't remember.  But, the important thing is that your subconscious is where all your memories are stored.  It's only possible to consciously remember so much.  Most of the things we see and hear we never remember again...but they are still there, etched into our memory.

The subconscious has many jobs but one of the most important is to support the conscious thought of the moment.  Whatever it is.  Our subconscious mind is searching through memory files in search of something that will support the conscious thought.  However, when we dream, there is no conscious thought.  The subconscious then is free to analyze the conscious thoughts that are now memory.  The subconscious mind seeks memories that convey a message to the conscious mind.  It basically takes memory and creates visuals to tell a story to the conscious mind.  

So, You dream of Kali and Bhumi.  Last sentence of your quote:  I do need to look at my own mindset but with no support or anything it is hard to feel any sense of stability or security.

The bolded part possibly has something overall to do with the dream.  You need to feel the security of Bhumi, but the goddess of destruction, power, creativity is difficult to deal with.  She is very powerful and can destroy or create, at her own choosing.  I think your dream suggests  the combination of forces of Kali and Bhumi as a team. Hence, 'Kali, Bhuma'.  

You, yourself have the power.  The Power of Kali is yours.  You are the Creative One, You are the Destructive One, and, You are the one who seeks the grounded aspects of Bhumi.  

In summary:  Your dream is perhaps illustrating to your conscious mind, the power that is already yours, but you must control it.  You must make the decisions to create, or destroy...and those decisions/choices must be grounded in the reality that is...the personification of the Earth. Reality.

Just my thoughts.  Thanks for sharing your dream. :)

Thank you for that insight, it is something to contemplate and research

The odd thing is that I don't really even think about deities and of course that includes ones in the Hindu or related religions so is it possible that the message in the dream may not have come entirely from myself but influenced by other, dare I say, entities?

Sadly reality has its own agendas as it were, especially when the circumstances were set in place by others and trying to muddle through the results of those situations is tiring.

Anyway I appreciate the information, I am going to research this a bit further to see if there is a deeper meaning than just what I see on the surface.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

Because this is a forum where people discuss stuff.

Sounds like you've been having a bad day in order to harp at someone for posting. Maybe I have asked you for approval first before daring to post?

Honestly, Bendy...why are you interacting with other human beings on a topic on a forum about that topic? 

Lol...because that's what we do here. Are ya new?

Just flex your inner ignore button when this happens. That is the modus operandi of particular posters. They do it everywhere. The other night I saw it on the music forum. Oh you must be bored...otherwise why would you interact? That type of thing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Honestly, Bendy...why are you interacting with other human beings on a topic on a forum about that topic? 

Lol...because that's what we do here. Are ya new?

Just flex your inner ignore button when this happens. That is the modus operandi of particular posters. They do it everywhere. The other night I saw it on the music forum. Oh you must be bored...otherwise why would you interact? That type of thing. 

Nope, not new. Just a bit taken aback by the response I received from someone. No biggie. It's under the bridge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bendy Demon said:

Yeah but in a path to what is another question. At the age of 53 I have yet to see even a barest hint of my external gifts. There is that possibility that I may not even have any and am just a generic person and with a black and yellow label to boot! :D

 

Thank you for that insight, it is something to contemplate and research

The odd thing is that I don't really even think about deities and of course that includes ones in the Hindu or related religions so is it possible that the message in the dream may not have come entirely from myself but influenced by other, dare I say, entities?

Sadly reality has its own agendas as it were, especially when the circumstances were set in place by others and trying to muddle through the results of those situations is tiring.

Anyway I appreciate the information, I am going to research this a bit further to see if there is a deeper meaning than just what I see on the surface.

It's my pleasure! Everything you think is already in your brain.  Just because you don't remember what you read on July 18th of 1992 at 3:37pm doesn't mean that you didn't read anything at that time.   Most of the stuff we don't remember.  Except it is still in our memory.  Our subconscious houses that memory.  All of it.  Memory is deep...but also keep this in mind.  I have experienced this actually, and I know we all have heard about it happening...when, something happens and your whole life flashes before you in one nano-second.  It's important because, our subconscious has access to all of our memory...all at the same time.  So it is easy for the subconscious to create imagery from trillions of memories stored in our brains.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, joc said:

It's my pleasure! Everything you think is already in your brain.  Just because you don't remember what you read on July 18th of 1992 at 3:37pm doesn't mean that you didn't read anything at that time.   Most of the stuff we don't remember.  Except it is still in our memory.  Our subconscious houses that memory.  All of it.  Memory is deep...but also keep this in mind.  I have experienced this actually, and I know we all have heard about it happening...when, something happens and your whole life flashes before you in one nano-second.  It's important because, our subconscious has access to all of our memory...all at the same time.  So it is easy for the subconscious to create imagery from trillions of memories stored in our brains.

Kind of reminds me of the movie "Spirited Away" when Chihiro tells Zeniba that, in reference to Haku, that it felt like like she met him before and Zeniba replies saying "Once you've met someone you never really forget them; it just takes awhile for your memories to return".

It is interesting to think that things that I had seen as a small child seemed practically forgotten then suddenly it bubbles up from the deepest recesses of my mind yet what triggers it is unknown; of all the things we have mapped so far it is the inner mindscape that still remains a mystery.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2024 at 9:30 PM, Bendy Demon said:

I had an odd dream several days ago, while most of the details are scattered and disjointed but what was most prominent was I seen this image of what looked to be Kali but she was more Ivory colored and there was this man sitting near me looking at the same image and was singing some song that consisted mostly of 'Kali Bhuma' and the words to the rest of his song was indiscernible but that small phrase was what I remembered even now.

Now I know Kali is the Hindu goddess of Destruction, power, creativity and so on but Bhuma is, as I understand, a Hindu goddess who is the personification of earth among other things. Kali also has apparently 12 forms too.

What I am puzzled by is that I am not a Hindu and know precious little of it. Secondly I have not viewed or listened to anything relating to Hinduism or its denominations.

So...maybe it was simply just a dream but it was rather specific too.

 This could relate to past lives, and may have some symbolic value. The symbolism may relate to the conflicts in the world at the moment.

You may have prayed to them in a past life, and the bond created thus could be providing insights at present. 

The mind purified by prayer or mediation or other spiritual exercises, is a source of intuition that can guide you better in this regard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 6:00 PM, Bendy Demon said:

I seen this image of what looked to be Kali but she was more Ivory colored and there was this man sitting near me looking at the same image and was singing some song that consisted mostly of 'Kali Bhuma' ...

Now I know Kali is the Hindu goddess of Destruction, power, creativity and so on but Bhuma is, as I understand, a Hindu goddess who is the personification of earth among other things.

In my analysis the mind consists of four parts. These assume guises in dreams.

It is difficult in this case to identify the three parts in your dream with any certainty. Let me speculate, though (I may misidentify):

You: your ego.

Kali: your superego.

the man: your soul.

 

Hmm, Kali Bhuma. I suspect that Bhuma is that part of the mind that is in charge of your body. If so, then Kali Bhuma is not just one part of your mind, but those two parts integrated into a whole. So: four parts in total.

Edited by Ell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2024 at 2:46 AM, Ajay0 said:

 This could relate to past lives, and may have some symbolic value. The symbolism may relate to the conflicts in the world at the moment.

You may have prayed to them in a past life, and the bond created thus could be providing insights at present. 

The mind purified by prayer or mediation or other spiritual exercises, is a source of intuition that can guide you better in this regard.

Hmmm....that is a very interesting angle that I had not considered; it is true I find certain belief systems interesting such as Buddhism, Shintoism and to some degree Hinduism so I may have to contemplate that aspect. Thank You

 

On 4/23/2024 at 8:49 AM, Ell said:

In my analysis the mind consists of four parts. These assume guises in dreams.

It is difficult in this case to identify the three parts in your dream with any certainty. Let me speculate, though (I may misidentify):

You: your ego.

Kali: your superego.

the man: your soul.

 

Hmm, Kali Bhuma. I suspect that Bhuma is that part of the mind that is in charge of your body. If so, then Kali Bhuma is not just one part of your mind, but those two parts integrated into a whole. So: four parts in total.

I am puzzled by the analysis regarding Kali as Kali is a destroyer but then again she is also known for other aspects plus she also seems to have 12 forms as well (I just learned this) but if the man was to represent my soul then why would it manifest as something outside of myself? Anyways I really appreciate the different perspectives on this. It gives me something else to consider. Thank You :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am sorry I can't shine insite on your specific dream I do recognize Joc as being a guru on the dream subject,

In my case the last few years have been super stressful depressing and draining, I left here a year just been back a few weeks, I have some really mucked up dreams that would be hard to explain in type, not really nightmares maybe say like my brain is a old record player with the needle skipping, sure can't get peaceful rest.

I don't think it's malevolent entities as I don't believe in that stuff and if it's my brain trying to work something out then it's doing a p*** poor job, frankly I think it's at least in part just due to life.

Maybe every dream isn't a message maybe some are just random bits and pieces. Who knows?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

I am puzzled by the analysis regarding Kali as Kali is a destroyer

 

Quote

I latched on to what you told us: 

Kali is the Hindu goddess of Destruction, power, creativity

 

Quote

if the man was to represent my soul then why would it manifest as something outside of myself?

People usually make the mistake that their I, i.e. their ego, and their soul are identical. They are not. They are very different entities.

As I stated: an ideal human mind consists of four parts or entities. Only one of those four parts represents the consciousness in ordinary circumstances: the ego, your I.

The other three parts are also you, but they are not the you-ego. One of those other three parts is the you-soul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ell said:

 

People usually make the mistake that their I, i.e. their ego, and their soul are identical. They are not. They are very different entities.

As I stated: an ideal human mind consists of four parts or entities. Only one of those four parts represents the consciousness in ordinary circumstances: the ego, your I.

The other three parts are also you, but they are not the you-ego. One of those other three parts is the you-soul.

That is true; the ego encapsulates what makes a person an individual such as their likes, dislikes, views, morals, ethics, values, etc yet at the same time it is linked to our soul too I think. Maybe the ego is a sort of avatar in the sense that it represents the individual and lets certain aspects become manifest such as particular talents or something. I appreciate the information. Thank You

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

I am sorry I can't shine insight on your specific dream I do recognize Joc as being a guru on the dream subject,

In my case the last few years have been super stressful depressing and draining, I left here a year just been back a few weeks, I have some really mucked up dreams that would be hard to explain in type, not really nightmares maybe say like my brain is a old record player with the needle skipping, sure can't get peaceful rest.

I don't think it's malevolent entities as I don't believe in that stuff and if it's my brain trying to work something out then it's doing a p*** poor job, frankly I think it's at least in part just due to life.

Maybe every dream isn't a message maybe some are just random bits and pieces. Who knows?

When I say 'entities' I am not referring to something bad, just some entity.

Sure, it is possible that my dream is just a meaningless mess of useless junk but those bits are rather specific considering that I don't spend effort thinking of such deities but whatever. Maybe it is just a silly dream. Who knows. I appreciate all the various perspectives.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

That is true; the ego encapsulates what makes a person an individual such as their likes, dislikes, views, morals, ethics, values, etc yet at the same time it is linked to our soul too I think. Maybe the ego is a sort of avatar in the sense that it represents the individual and lets certain aspects become manifest such as particular talents or something. I appreciate the information. Thank You

When I say 'entities' I am not referring to something bad, just some entity.

Sure, it is possible that my dream is just a meaningless mess of useless junk but those bits are rather specific considering that I don't spend effort thinking of such deities but whatever. Maybe it is just a silly dream. Who knows. I appreciate all the various perspectives.

I personally don't believe in any entities, or ghosts, demons, fairies or whatever visiting sleeping folks.

Personally I don't think every dream is some message from of ourselves, in my case with my mental issues based in panic, nerves types crap it's not a shock I've had countless dreams all varied but with one thing in common I fail at my job, a lifelong fear on the back burner, and the irony is never has it happened like in dreams when it does happen in the wake world it's no big deal.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

I personally don't believe in any entities

An entity is defined as "a thing with distinct and independent existence".

A healthy and complete human mind consists of four different such entities in my analysis. So if you have such a healthy complete mind, you ought to have  four bats in your bonnet and your I-identity, as presenting itself in your dreams, is just one of those four bats.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.