Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man sets himself on fire outside Trump trial courthouse

OverSword

A person has self-immolated outside the Manhattan courthouse where former President Trump’s first criminal trial is ongoing, police confirmed to The Hill.

The incident, which occurred in a park outside the courthouse where protests of Trump’s trial have taken place this week, drew a heavy emergency response. Ambulances lined the block where the person set themself on fire.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4605614-man-sets-himself-on-fire-outside-trump-trial-courthouse/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Self-immolation is pretty hot right now.

Poor taste joke.

As of right now one can look at this guy's online rambling on Substack. Appears to be quite an avid conspiracist. Good that his final(?) actions didn't involve violence against others. Unfortunate that he decided to hurt himself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

From WPIX New York. He's still living at the moment but not expected to survive.

Man sets himself on fire outside Trump trial courthouse in NYC (pix11.com)

The man walked into the park around 1:30 p.m., opened a bookbag, and threw pamphlets containing conspiracy theories into the air, according to NYPD Chief of Department James Maddrey. Police said he used an alcohol-based accelerant to light himself on fire.

A witness told PIX11 News they were standing next to the man when he poured a flammable liquid on himself, told her to stand back, and then lit himself on fire. The witness said he made statements of a political nature before the incident.

People rushed over, doused him with a fire extinguisher, and tried to bat the flames away. Emergency crews rushed the man away on a stretcher.

Police have identified the individual as 37-year-old Max Azzarello. He was in critical condition and likely to die, police said. They said he is a known conspiracy theorist.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Little over 7 more months of this...

I figure this may be a mild occurrence of what we are in store for...by October I expect it to be really roaring.

America has lost her collective mind.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

America has lost her collective mind.

^include many countries in this^ IMO...

I've no idea what's going on with us humans- folk seem to be getting madder 🤷‍♂️

I say microwave ovens are the course 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

What a way to die. Jesus.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

What a way to die. Jesus.

when you think of all the brave people in the world fighting for their lives, desperately wanting to live & you get idiots like this=== no sympathy from me if it's self inflicted!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dolphin3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Dolphin3.jpg

they kill each other, rape etc.. Same as us- well apparently according to the many 'dolphin behavioral'  docs I've watched over the years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

they kill each other, rape etc.. Same as us- well apparently according to the many 'dolphin behavioral'  docs I've watched over the years.

Not on the level that humans do to each other. Humans will destroy their own environment. Pollution, Deforestation, Nuclear Detonations.

• Like 4

What was his point? Trump is innocent and should be the next president? Or that Trump is guilty of all sorts of things and should be imprisoned? Whatever, he gave his life to prove a point, even if no one knows what it was. He did the honourable thing and removed himself from the gene pool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hawken said:

Not on the level that humans do to each other. Humans will destroy their own environment. Pollution, Deforestation, Nuclear Detonations.

dolphins are very much like us, sentient 'apparently'??? If we fek up, no more humans: 

give it hmm? 10 million/ 100 million years of evolution & they get to land, more resources etc they'll probably fek up as well!

Who knows, I don't 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, pellinore said:

What was his point? Trump is innocent and should be the next president? Or that Trump is guilty of all sorts of things and should be imprisoned? Whatever, he gave his life to prove a point, even if no one knows what it was. He did the honourable thing and removed himself from the gene pool.

the thing about being crazy is you don't know you're crazy- that's what makes you crazy 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Found this on X. The man that torched himself. Apparently. he made a video beforehand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

43 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Dolphin3.jpg

Them or the giant octopus 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Found this on X. The man that torched himself. Apparently. he made a video beforehand.

So his message was to start a revolution,by taking himself out...

Hmmm...now that's a thinker.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

So his message was to start a revolution,by taking himself out...

Hmmm...now that's a thinker.

Kinda like protesting a situation by burning down your neighborhood. :wacko:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

The news said that his actions were not related to the Trump trial.   I think he just used the location for the coverage.  I hope he dies.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

The news said that his actions were not related to the Trump trial.   I think he just used the location for the coverage.  I hope he dies.

he's not dead? if so then he'll be a celebrity on burntfacebook.com 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

He had this posted on his Linkedin profile.

screenshot-2024-04-19-at-7.48.41pm-768x4

Mental illness. Seeking attention and he unfortunately got it self-imposed through self harm. There's a lot of individuals out there just like him each with their own story. Feel bad for the immediate people in his life who listened and watched him act out over the years. 

8 hours ago, Hawken said:

Kinda like protesting a situation by burning down your neighborhood. :wacko:

Well, on the bright side, at least he didn't decide to shoot a bunch of strangers on his way out.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

He wasn't expected to live. It is sad and horrifying. It's hard to believe he lived as long as he did. I can't even imagine the pain he must have suffered through. The Post article says he passed at 10:30 pm.

• Sad 1