Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quick Email question

Bendy Demon

So I needed to get a new email provider and did some searching. I already have a Yahoo mail account but I don't care for the address so I looked into a few and found one called 'Proton Mail' which I signed up for. It is nice but I cannot access it through Thunderbird or any other client unless I pay for a special account.

So my question is if I should go to my yahoo account and create another email then I can access it through Thunderbird or if I should make an account with outlook in which case I have a choice between the 'outlook . com' or the 'hotmail . com' address (without the spaces of course.

See..I am accustomed to using Thunderbird so I have a choice in that I can somehow add a new email in my already existing yahoo account which then can be accessed by Thunderbird or make an Outlook account.

Gmail is ok but I am not fond of Google and I just want to stay away from that. Of course I am not sure Yahoo is much better. Proton is decent but I don't want to have to always open a browser window just to get e-mail.

So I am just looking for different perspectives on this.

• Like 2

I use outlook with a hotmail address. 

8 hours ago, Abramelin said:

SeaMonkey? I thought that project had been abandoned? I had the browser but customization was next to non-existent and while it worked ok it just seemed like it was half-heartedly maintained.

But I will look into it. I need a provider though and not a client but still I will see what they have, THanks

10 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I use outlook with a hotmail address. 

Hmm..I was thinking about that too if I should use outlook and then either use my Yahoo address or within my Yahoo account make another E-Mail address, if that is possible.

Thank you both :)

2 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

SeaMonkey? I thought that project had been abandoned? I had the browser but customization was next to non-existent and while it worked ok it just seemed like it was half-heartedly maintained.

March 28, 2024

SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2 released