Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mike Johnson’s Shockingly Pro-Ukraine Speech Really Sticks It to MAGA

Hankenhunter

Looks like about 2/3 of Rs voted for it, and 3/4 of Ds.

I'd call that a successful bipartissn bill.

It's what I'd like to see with ALL legislation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'd be ashamed to post a link to an article like that. I think I lost a few brain cells reading that drivel. 

• Like 3

How would you like to see it reported?

Are we waiting for Russia to entyer a both sides argument?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

42ts42.png

The Speaker wears two flags -----> 

🧐

1713649830864.thumb.jpg.e1194d9d9093c2d43855dcb63ef1d991.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

The Speaker wears two flags -----> 

🧐

1713649830864.thumb.jpg.e1194d9d9093c2d43855dcb63ef1d991.jpg

Kinda like NASCAR where the cars are decaled so you know who their sponsors are. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

Kinda like NASCAR where the cars are decaled so you know who their sponsors are. 

A bit like that. Very sharp 180• degree turnaround from Mike Johnson’s his previous stance. Makes you wonder if the C.I.A of another shady organisation have something compromising on him

• Like 1

I generally feel a slight tingle of surprise every time someone who thinks the Earth is 6000 years old manages to do something useful.

Consider me tingled, Dino Mike.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

A bit like that. Very sharp 180• degree turnaround from Mike Johnson’s his previous stance. Makes you wonder if the C.I.A of another shady organisation have something compromising on him

No, I think simple survival. He realizes that even if he opposes everything Democrats want, MTG  and others will still keep threatening to remove him.  Threats and bullying is how they roll. Perhaps MTG even wants to be speaker. 

If the speaker  does go along with Democratic causes like aid to Ukraine, Taiwan, and Israel, they may well protect him from being ousted. As an added incentive, just about every Democrat would be happy to see MTG on the losing end of this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

I generally feel a slight tingle of surprise every time someone who thinks the Earth is 6000 years old manages to do something useful.

"Manages to do something useful"

🤔 

IMHO, this 61 billion is only going to prolong the inevitable in eastern Ukraine.  

I'm seeing a lot of people celebrating like this new package is somehow going to turn the tide. 

If people truly cared about Ukrainians they would demand an immediate ceasefire and implement peace negotiations. 

I can only imagine what the next excuse for sending more billions will be once the 61 billion is used up and thousands more dead and injured. 

But I'm sure there will be one. There always is. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Do not forget this.  He is still that guy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

🤔 

IMHO, this 61 billion is only going to prolong the inevitable in eastern Ukraine.  

I'm seeing a lot of people celebrating like this new package is somehow going to turn the tide. 

If people truly cared about Ukrainians they would demand an immediate ceasefire and implement peace negotiations. 

I can only imagine what the next excuse for sending more billions will be once the 61 billion is used up and thousands more dead and injured. 

So, how do 3rd parties demand a cease fire except by  threat of force?

Look further into the world than the front lines of the battlefield.  The Russian economy is collapsing.  They  have moved to a wartime economy, all military production.  Great for the near term, terrible for the future. They make nothing besides petroleum that anybody wants, no manufacturing or high technology exports but they need a lot they cannot produce internally.  Any problems Iran has with Israel may threaten their supply of Iranian drones. Internally, they are suffering with heat failure in winter and flooding in spring. 

Acid, the Age of Aggression must end. Neither Russia nor Israel may be allowed to capture territory through war. Attackers need to be opposed. If we want humans to survive they will need to focus on major problems that affect the entire planet.

We may even have to help rebuild post-Putin Russia.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Acid, the Age of Aggression must end. 

No offense, this is the only point I'm going to address and I agree completely 100% with it. 

Contrary to what we're told ad nauseum the Russians didn't just wake up one morning and think to themselves hey let's attack Ukraine and then after that let's attack the rest of eastern Europe. 

There's a logical reason for what has transpired over there. There are many history scholars and professors who have detailed over the years the events which have led to what we are all witnessing today. 

The age of aggression must end but at the current rate of conflicts escalating I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. 

34 minutes ago, acidhead said:

No offense, this is the only point I'm going to address and I agree completely 100% with it. 

Contrary to what we're told ad nauseum the Russians didn't just wake up one morning and think to themselves hey let's attack Ukraine and then after that let's attack the rest of eastern Europe. 

There's a logical reason for what has transpired over there. There are many history scholars and professors who have detailed over the years the events which have led to what we are all witnessing today. 

The age of aggression must end but at the current rate of conflicts escalating I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. 

No offense taken. On some level we agree.

When you talk about the Russian people, I disagree,  They want heat that works, grocery stores  that are full, and dams that do not flood major cities. Do not think that a foreign government will tell you the truth when your own won't.  Everybody has a point to sell.

• Like 4

On 4/20/2024 at 5:10 AM, DieChecker said:

Looks like about 2/3 of Rs voted for it, and 3/4 of Ds.

I'd call that a successful bipartissn bill.

It's what I'd like to see with ALL legislation. 

You’d think, accept even in their bipartisan in this case it nothing put corruption. Nothing but warmongering and money laundering. 

We don’t even know where all the other billions we sent even went. Completely unaccounted. 

• Like 1

This is an absolute disgrace. Treasonous 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Do not forget this.  He is still that guy.

Dino Mike is still an idiot with a worldview stunted by his anti-knowledge cult, correct.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, acidhead said:

🤔 

Looks like I caught you at a more lucid moment.

Maybe it'll prolong it enough for Putin to back off. One can hope.

Certainly more so than not doing anything. Hence, "something useful".

That would be a good thing from some perspectives, and a bad thing from other perspectives. On one hand, you're saving lives in the immediate future. On the other hand, you're teaching Putin that if he covets territory from a smaller country around him (and they all are) he simply has to jump in, grab it, then hang on until he's appeased. Thus, costing additional lives in the long term.

Probably similar to the last one. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You’d think, accept even in their bipartisan in this case it nothing put corruption. Nothing but warmongering and money laundering. 

We don’t even know where all the other billions we sent even went. Completely unaccounted. 

Hi Preacher

Most of it stayed in the US and was used for employment and manufacturing. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Are you a warmonger if somebody invades your house rapes your wife and kills your children and you fight back? 

Are you a warmonger if it is your neighbor that has been violated and you go to assist?

The money can be traced and accounted for if somebody does the work of looking instead of sitting on their butt and complaining.  

But of course if Ukraine is left stranded, they will do what is best for them.  They will continue to bomb Russian refineries.  US has asked them not to because of world markets..  With additional weapons, they will listen.

Or you could pay $7 a gallon at the pump for gas if you would rather.

• Thanks 4

It's weird, but the argument for those opposed to the idea of aid are arguing that there isn't enough government bureacracy involved.  Reminds me of Quartermaster Bloomfield in Zulu Dawn making the British soldiers wait in line for ammuntion while the Zulu's were overrunning them.  

• Like 1

And more recently, Johnson received a key intelligence briefing from CIA Director Bill Burns, who painted a picture of the dire situation on the battlefield in Ukraine and the global consequences of inaction, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation. The briefing left a lasting impression, and Johnson became increasingly convinced the fate of Western democracy was on his shoulders, sources close to him said.

Another factor that sources say weighed heavily on his decision-making: Johnson’s oldest son was recently accepted into the Naval Academy.

“To put it bluntly, I would rather send bullets to Ukraine than American boys. My son is going to begin in the Naval Academy this fall. This is a live-fire exercise for me as it is so many American families,” Johnson told reporters. “This is not a game, this is not a joke.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/21/politics/ukraine-aid-mike-johnson-house-speaker-israel-taiwan/index.html

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

The money can be traced and accounted for if somebody does the work of looking instead of sitting on their butt and complaining. 

Yeah?  And how does some third party get the access needed to do such an accounting?  When it's US funds it needs to be an IG that has been given the power to do that digging.  That is LITERALLY all the IG is in the business of doing.  When any entity refuses to even talk about appointing an IG, somone is hiding something.

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Or you could pay $7 a gallon at the pump for gas if you would rather.

But didn't you hear? Come 2024 tRump will win in a bigly huge oddity of getting 100% of all votes, and three seconds after sworn in gas prices will drop to oh maybe 20 cents a gallon.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2024 at 1:41 AM, Hankenhunter said:

It's not a shock at all to me, you see for example when tRump bigly lost 2020 and pulled that exhorting his minions into storming the capital in a failed insurrection, remember what BOM said about VP, remember what minions yelled about VP?

It's not just a case of a job after BOM it's a real fear of ones very life, fear. Threats, bullying are his and his minions go to most cats like Johnson know BOM will lose he also knows he will likely be in BOMs revenge sights he, he's just doing like pence and countless others,

Refusing to bend knee and worship the marmalade Messiah he won't sell his soul like VP wouldn't sell his or sell out the American people.

Ss tRumptanic is sinking quickly.

• Like 1