Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cosmic rays streamed through Earth's atmosphere 41,000 years ago


Waspie_Dwarf

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, jules99 said:

Talking possibilities here, even though UV radiation is higher today, the ozone layer was cited as being depleted during Laschamps. "The high energy cosmic rays from the galaxy and also enormous bursts of cosmic rays from solar flares were able to penetrate the upper atmosphere, charging the particles in the air and causing chemical changes that drove the loss of stratospheric ozone."

https://www.unsw.edu.au/newsroom/news/2021/02/earth-s-magnetic-field-broke-down-42-000-years-ago-and-caused-ma

Further, just my thoughts, most of our ancient DNA samples seem to come from remains found in caves, these may have been the survivors protected by their habitat and less likely to show signs of cancer.

Where are all these megafauna remains who died at the same time? 

Also radioisotopic readings from that time don't show a massive increase. Just a minor one. 

That article is making statements without evidence. 

Read this....

22 hours ago, Abramelin said:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
On 4/22/2024 at 12:02 PM, Abramelin said:

My idea:

Neanderthals were light skinned or had a tan. Their skin didn't protect them much from the sudden increase in UV-radiation. Hence: skin cancers.

The newcomers, our direct ancestors who came from Africa, had a dark skin and thus better protected against higher UV-radiation.

Dark skin does provide some protection against the sun's ultraviolet rays, but it's a myth that people with dark skin tones are immune to the harmful effects of UV radiation. People of color have a lower risk of developing skin cancer than people with fair skin tones, but UV exposure raises the risk for everyone.May 3, 2022 link

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Thanks Sherapy.

Now my question: is it possible that when skeleton remains are found, you can't tell whether this person died from melanoma cancers by testing the remaining DNA?

Like when this person died before the cancers reached his or her bones?

I’d say it’s hard to know if someone had melanoma cancer just from their bones. Scientists could check the DNA in bones for clues, but it might not give a clear answer.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, joc said:

Dark skin does provide some protection against the sun's ultraviolet rays, but it's a myth that people with dark skin tones are immune to the harmful effects of UV radiation. People of color have a lower risk of developing skin cancer than people with fair skin tones, but UV exposure raises the risk for everyone.May 3, 2022 link

That's about what I already said, especially the highlighted part.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I’d say it’s hard to know if someone had melanoma cancer just from their bones. Scientists could check the DNA in bones for clues, but it might not give a clear answer.

A "cluster" would show up and right down to it. The radiation increase wasn't that drastic and there is no evidence for a massive megafauna die off in a short time in any of the catastrophism theories.

52 minutes ago, joc said:

Dark skin does provide some protection against the sun's ultraviolet rays, but it's a myth that people with dark skin tones are immune to the harmful effects of UV radiation. People of color have a lower risk of developing skin cancer than people with fair skin tones, but UV exposure raises the risk for everyone.May 3, 2022 link

I explained that already. Asians and NA are better protected because of the subcutaneous layer of yellow oily fat. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Piney said:

A "cluster" would show up and right down to it. The radiation increase wasn't that drastic and there is no evidence for a massive megafauna die off in a short time in any of the catastrophism theories.

The difference between that megafauna and Neanderthals, pale or tanned, is that the megafauna was covered with fur. A fur that would have protected the animals from an excess of UV-radiation.

 

The Neanderthals may have had some body hair, but nothing like a fur.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

The difference between that megafauna and Neanderthals, pale or tanned, is that the megafauna was covered with fur. A fur that would have protected the animals from an excess of UV-radiation.

 

The Neanderthals may have had some body hair, but nothing like a fur.

They probably had more than a Greek does.

@Antigonos don't hit me. 😬 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Piney said:

They probably had more than a Greek does.

@Antigonos don't hit me. 😬 

You know, I have often wondered why many men, living near the Med, have a lot of body hair.

Maybe their ancestors loved to fk Neanderthal women.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

The difference between that megafauna and Neanderthals, pale or tanned, is that the megafauna was covered with fur. A fur that would have protected the animals from an excess of UV-radiation.

 

The Neanderthals may have had some body hair, but nothing like a fur.

The time span that it took for the Neanderthals to go extinct fits more with a low population density and being bred out with half of the offspring being sterile though. Even zoonotic disease contributions took a while to reach groups because they were isolated pockets with large hunting territories. It wasn't a quick thing. 

The Great Dying after the Columbian Exchange only took a few decades because of extensive trade routes which is why I think zoonotic diseases from Africa got them too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

You know, I have often wondered why many men, living near the Med, have a lot of body hair.

Maybe their ancestors loved to fk Neanderthal women.

I blame the goats.

Now I'm really gonna get it. 🥴

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

The time span that it took for the Neanderthals to go extinct fits more with a low population density and being bred out with half of the offspring being sterile though. Even zoonotic disease contributions took a while to reach groups because they were isolated pockets with large hunting territories. It wasn't a quick thing. 

The Great Dying after the Columbian Exchange only took a few decades because of extensive trade routes which is why I think zoonotic diseases from Africa got them too.

Don't forget about Campi Flegrei.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

Don't forget about Campi Flegrei.

 

My brain isn't in the best shape. The Phlgraean Fields is something I shouldn't have forgotten

That's probably where the climate change came from that they are blaming on the Laschamps when Australia dried out. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
40 minutes ago, Piney said:

They probably had more than a Greek does.

@Antigonos don't hit me. 😬 

I can’t. I resemble that remark.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Piney said:

I blame the goats.

Now I'm really gonna get it. 🥴

The old lady chin hair came from somewhere.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

You know, I have often wondered why many men, living near the Med, have a lot of body hair.

Maybe their ancestors loved to fk Neanderthal women.

Really @Piney ? A thank you? 😂

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

Really @Piney ? A thank you? 😂

You just quoted Rob. 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

You just quoted Rob. 😂

Because his comment is the one you said thank you to 😂

Nice.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Antigonos said:

Because his comment is the one you said thank you to 😂

Nice.

😇

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Piney said:

My brain isn't in the best shape. The Phlgraean Fields is something I shouldn't have forgotten

That's probably where the climate change came from that they are blaming on the Laschamps when Australia dried out. 

We now have 3 very probable causes that finished off the Neanderthals:

1. Not being immune to the diseases brought over by our ancestors from Africa;

2. The eruption of Campi Flegrei.

3. An overdose of UV-radiation causing skin cancers.

All the other socalled causes you can read on the internet are nothing but woke bull.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

We now have 3 very probable causes that finished off the Neanderthals:

1. Not being immune to the diseases brought over by our ancestors from Africa;

2. The eruption of Campi Flegrei.

3. An overdose of UV-radiation causing skin cancers.

All the other socalled causes you can read on the internet are nothing but woke bull.

 

And we helped breed them out in which the "mule" effect happened on human male-Neanderthal female matings.  

Edited by Piney
matings
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2024 at 7:20 AM, Piney said:

Asians and NA are better protected because of the subcutaneous layer of yellow oily fat. 

Never knew that 👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Never knew that 👍

They think it's a Denisovan trait. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Piney said:

They think it's a Denisovan trait. 

 

That's really cool,not sure I ever read that anywhere.

Sometimes I just sit back and learn during discussions...this one was a good read...thanks to you and Abe 👍

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.