Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fact check: Biden makes false and misleading claims during Pennsylvania campaign swing

WVK

WashingtonCNN — 

President Joe Biden spent three days this week campaigning in the critical swing state of Pennsylvania. He littered his remarks with false and misleading claims on subjects ranging from his annual earnings to his cap on seniors’ prescription drug spending to the demographics of China to the frequency of his past travel to Iraq and Afghanistan.

And in Biden’s most eyebrow-raising remarks of the campaign swing, he told and then retold a story in which he strongly suggested his late uncle, Ambrose Finnegan, was eaten by cannibals after his plane was shot down while he fought in World War II. Biden’s dramatic details don’t match the Defense Department’s official account of the plane crash.

Here is a fact check of eight of Biden’s Pennsylvania remarks.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/19/politics/fact-check-biden-pennsylvania-campaign-swing/index.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good thing his name wasn’t Trump, otherwise it would have been racist and a scathing indictment of the quality of presidents. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I think the cannibal one is pretty funny, honestly.

If only the mainstream media would cover Biden's lies!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Biden doesn’t lie, he has slips of the tongue. Only a pro-Trump shill would DARE to think that Biden lies. Only Trump lies. 
Jan 6th. 91 charges…. Etc etc etc 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Biden doesn’t lie, he has slips of the tongue. Only a pro-Trump shill would DARE to think that Biden lies. Only Trump lies. 
Jan 6th. 91 charges…. Etc etc etc 

Well, cover in butter and call me a pro-Trump shill, then.

I'm of the opinion that it should be really frickin' easy for politicians to use credible numbers, and annotate their speeches with references. It wouldn't end arguments about the exact meaning of the numbers, as we can tell from the CNN story, but it'd be a start. Of course, one would need Grandpa Brandon to be able to stay on track, and I don't think that always happens.

• Like 4

Hold all public servants to the same standards of honesty.  That includes Biden as well as Trump. One difference between MAGA and the rest of the world is that MAGA people can never admit to any Trump dishonesty or wrong doing.  It does not fit in the catechism.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Hold all public servants to the same standards of honesty.  That includes Biden as well as Trump. One difference between MAGA and the rest of the world is that MAGA people can never admit to any Trump dishonesty or wrong doing.  It does not fit in the catechism.

IMHO, Trump is bought and paid for by AIPAC and Israel. 

This is why he gets away with everything thrown at him. 

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

IMHO, Trump is bought and paid for by AIPAC and Israel. 

This is why he gets away with everything thrown at him. 

He may be bought but never completely paid for.  He has no loyalty.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

The question is why are they now covering his lies instead of covering up his lies. Something is afoot.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Hmmmm, biden lying is no surprise.

• Like 3

Duh!   He is a politician that wants to get elected.  And he is reading off a list someone gave him, not repeat what he actually thinks we want to hear.   Blame his speach writer.   (which you can't do with the florida man because he won't follow a script)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WVK said:

The question is why are they now covering his lies instead of covering up his lies. Something is afoot.

They've been covering his lies for a while. The question is why are you now noticing it, and why are you saying it didn't happen in the past.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

They've been covering his lies for a while. The question is why are you now noticing it, and why are you saying it didn't happen in the past.

My question is why anyone thinks politcians don't lie all the time?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

I don’t watch CNN, since when has CNN doing this level of criticism?

2 minutes ago, WVK said:

I don’t watch CNN, since when has CNN doing this level of criticism?

Neither do I. You might want to read your own link, it might help you figure out the answer to your own question.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Neither do I. You might want to read your own link, it might help you figure out the answer to your own question.

To quote you “They've been covering his lies for a while.” . Who is they?

Just now, WVK said:

To quote you “They've been covering his lies for a while.” . Who is they?

CNN. The mainstream media. Take your pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

CNN. The mainstream media. Take your pick.

You said you don’t watch CNN?

7 minutes ago, WVK said:

You said you don’t watch CNN?

Correct. Well, I suppose I've seen it in the airport.

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Duh!   He is a politician that wants to get elected.  And he is reading off a list someone gave him, not repeat what he actually thinks we want to hear.   Blame his speach writer.   (which you can't do with the florida man because he won't follow a script)

I'm not sure Joe's speech writer can take credit for the cannibals...

He's apparently been trying to pass that one off as truth for years at gatherings 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tricky area to sort out, the overlap between truth as remembered, politics, and grandpa stories.

One thing I have noticed is that on the MAGA side, a couple of dozen ex-White House staffers and cabinet members who worked closely with Trump are telling us he is unfit for office.  As yet, I have not seen the same coming out of the Biden camp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Tricky area to sort out, the overlap between truth as remembered, politics, and grandpa stories.

One thing I have noticed is that on the MAGA side, a couple of dozen ex-White House staffers and cabinet members who worked closely with Trump are telling us he is unfit for office.  As yet, I have not seen the same coming out of the Biden camp.

Few if any politicians ever have become enemies of ex associates as has Trump...

Some probably true,some probably shopping for book or TV deals...

Seeing as how when asked about why Biden repeatedly tells the same lie about his uncle,the press secretary just shifted blame onto the reporter for being disrespectful about the deceased...true story 😆 

I don't need anyone to tell me whether or not either are fit for office...my own eyes and ears tell me all I need to know 😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm not sure Joe's speech writer can take credit for the cannibals...

He's apparently been trying to pass that one off as truth for years at gatherings 😆

That nd many other lies he has been telling for decades.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 10:04 PM, WVK said:

Really?

Does an exaggerated story about cannibals and understated salary affect you? 

It's like the cannon criticism. It's really neither here nor there and has no effect on the state of the nation. It's just something dumb to clamour about. 

In what respect do you see these statements as a threat to democracy and way of life?