Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hillary Clinton claims Trump wants to 'KILL his opposition' like Putin and Kim Jong Un in wild rant

WVK

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton claim that Trump wants to 'kill' and 'imprison his opposition' in an interview rant where she begged voters to ignore an 'old' Joe Biden.

Clinton, 76, who lost the presidential election to the 77-year-old Trump in 2016, was appearing on the Defending Democracy podcast with Marc Elias, where she gave her take on the 2024 race.

She believes that when it comes to the rematch between the 81-year-old Biden and Trump, she still backs the 'effective and compassionate' current president despite his age who 'wants to maintain our Democracy.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13332355/Hillary-Clinton-claims-Trump-wants-KILL-opposition-Biden-old.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cant she just fade away and retire somewhere where she cant do anymore harm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Why is anyone listening to Hillary?   🤪  🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Well, trump did say he thinks General Milley  ‘should be executed …for treason’. .  for not obeying him!    trump has also openly talked about getting Revenge!  And has ranted to his followers to Fight his enemies!   I don’t think he’s suggesting giving them black eyes.???
 https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4542218-milley-response-trump-execution-comments-free-country/

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, lightly said:

Well, trump did say he thinks General Milley  ‘should be executed …for treason’. .  for not obeying him!    trump has also openly talked about getting Revenge!  And has ranted to his followers to Fight his enemies!   I don’t think he’s suggesting giving them black eyes.???
 https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4542218-milley-response-trump-execution-comments-free-country/

Just to clarify what Hilary actually said: 

'Trump was just gaga over Putin because Putin does what Trump would like to do: Kill his opposition, imprison his opposition, drive journalists and others into exile, rule without any check or balance,' she said. 

'That's what Trump really wants,' she added. 'Those are the people he is modeling himself after, and we've been down this road in our, you know, world history. We sure don't want to go down that again.' 

And just to put that in context, the comment you are referencing is a Truth Social social media post - 

Mark Milley, who led perhaps the most embarrassing moment in American history with his grossly incompetent implementation of the withdrawal from Afghanistan, costing many lives, leaving behind hundreds of American citizens, and handing over BILLIONS of dollars of the finest military equipment ever made, will be leaving the military next week. This will be a time for all citizens of the USA to celebrate! This guy turned out to be a Woke train wreck who, if the Fake News reporting is correct, was actually dealing with China to give them a heads up on the thinking of the President of the United States. This is an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been DEATH! A war between China and the United States could have been the result of this treasonous act. To be continued!!!

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/111111513207332826

I would hardly call this social media post evidence that Trump desires to "kill his opposition, imprison his opposition, drive journalists and others into exile, rule without any check or balance", to directly quote Hilary. But maybe your mileage for evidence differs, the primary reason I'm posting this is to show what the actual quote was and see whether it's an accurate portrayal of events as fearmongered to us by Hilary Clinton, and I'd argue it isn't.

Though on a side note, since we are discussing direct quotes, I noticed that you put Trump's comments in quotes - "should be executed ...for treason". You even use dots (...), which normally indicate a direct quote which has been edited for brevity. As you can tell the exact quote in the truth social post I shared was "this is an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been death. A war between China and the United States could have been the result of this treasonous act". While your quote bears similarity to Trump's actual comment, they are not the same. Arguably framing it as "should" rather than "in times gone by it would" changes the meaning beyond what the original comment implied. Unless he's made other comments about Milley being executed that I'm unaware of, I would argue that Hilary Clinton is making mountains out of mole hills. 

Thanks for reading :tu: 

~ Link (formerly PA)

Edited by Link of Hyrule
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Link of Hyrule said:

Unless he's made other comments about Milley being executed that I'm unaware of, I would argue that Hilary Clinton is making mountains out of mole hills. 

Thanks for reading :tu: 

~ Link (formerly PA)

I only read the link in the OP, but Clinton is not quoted as saying anything about what Trump said concerning Milley. 

That's called a strawman fallacy.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

I only read the link in the OP, but Clinton is not quoted as saying anything about what Trump said concerning Milley. 

That's called a strawman fallacy.

@lightly brought up Milley: 

8 hours ago, lightly said:

I was replying to this comment, regardless of what she is angling towards, arguably she is making mountains out of mole hills by stating that Trump "'Trump was just gaga over Putin because Putin does what Trump would like to do: Kill his opposition, imprison his opposition, drive journalists and others into exile, rule without any check or balance,'. The article argues (rightfully, in my opinion) that this is extreme over-the-top rhetoric by Clinton. Lightly chose to back up Clinton's comments by referencing General Milley's specific circumstances. 

~ Link (formerly PA)

Edited by Link of Hyrule
Fixed grammar
  • Thanks 3

That's right. Another poster brought up Milley. Clinton didn't mention him. So the poster is making mountains out of mole hills by referencing the Milley quote. Not Clinton. She's making mountains out of mole hills without referencing him at all.

Of course it's over the top rhetoric. It's the way of current politics. To say "don't vote the other guy or this scary thing will happen". Trump is the master at engaging in politics of fear. Clinton is like a trainee next to him.

• Like 5

Just now, Arbenol said:

That's right. Another poster brought up Milley. Clinton didn't mention him. So the poster is making mountains out of mole hills by referencing the Milley quote. Not Clinton. She's making mountains out of mole hills without referencing him at all.

Of course it's over the top rhetoric. It's the way of current politics. To say "don't vote the other guy or this scary thing will happen". Trump is the master at engaging in politics of fear. Clinton is like a trainee next to him.

No, Hilary Clinton is making mountains out of mole hills by saying  "Trump was just gaga over Putin because Putin does what Trump would like to do: Kill his opposition, imprison his opposition, drive journalists and others into exile, rule without any check or balance". Lightly is just weighing into the same discussion by quoting Trump's social media post (inaccurately quoted, I should add again) as evidence of Hilary's over-the-top claims. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Link of Hyrule said:

No, Hilary Clinton is making mountains out of mole hills by saying  "Trump was just gaga over Putin because Putin does what Trump would like to do: Kill his opposition, imprison his opposition, drive journalists and others into exile, rule without any check or balance". Lightly is just weighing into the same discussion by quoting Trump's social media post (inaccurately quoted, I should add again) as evidence of Hilary's over-the-top claims. 

Love this. You start with "no", and then go on to agree with me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arbenol said:

Love this. You start with "no", and then go on to agree with me.

Then we must be talking at crossed purposes. I'm glad we agree that Hilary is making mountains out of mole hills and that the social media post quoted by Lightly doesn't back up Clinton's point of view. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@Link of Hyrule  Ok,  I guess I got trump’s wording wrong, I couldn’t remember exactly what he said, (but I understood the message he was trying to send… it’s indicative of his views that HE ,as president, should command complete loyalty from anyone in what he had called “MY Military” which is why I put  it  in ‘these’. . Instead of   “these”…actual  “QUOTATION MARKS”.        it’s not important .    I think I’ll disengage in trying to converse or reason with you.  it’s a waste of my energy.      I have to wonder though… about the motive  of your intense interest ,as an Australian, in supporting trump.?              $?       G’day . 

Edited by lightly
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lightly said:

I have to wonder though… about the motive  of your intense interest ,as an Australian, in supporting trump.?  

That should interest the entire civilised world, and parts of the rest too.

• Like 1

When it's all said an done, it's bigger news that someone actually notices what HRC says, let alone feeling the need to share it.

🥱

• Like 6

Seems like an exercise in futility.  What Trump says today is not what he said last week, and he will contradict himself in two more weeks. I think his supporters are looking for truth, but all they find is pandering, not unlike most politicians.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WVK said:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton claim that Trump wants to 'kill' and 'imprison his opposition' in an interview rant where she begged voters to ignore an 'old' Joe Biden.

WWE material. She's faking her outrage. 

Most Americans will believe this nonsense.  

The following photo is reality ----> 

GTY_trump_wedding_clintons_jef_150806_16x9_1600.thumb.jpg.cd385717b65312fccb13da5cf3bbb049.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Link of Hyrule said:

Then we must be talking at crossed purposes. I'm glad we agree that Hilary is making mountains out of mole hills and that the social media post quoted by Lightly doesn't back up Clinton's point of view. 

The strawman is your implication that Clinton was referring to the Milley quote. It's a relatively trivial point, but you're often the first to pick others up for misrepresenting quotes.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

The strawman is your implication that Clinton was referring to the Milley quote. It's a relatively trivial point, but you're often the first to pick others up for misrepresenting quotes.

I wasn't intending to imply that Clinton was referring to the Milley quote.  Clinton wasn't referring to any specific quote, she just straight up said that Trump wants to be a dictator like Putin.  Any implication that Clinton was referring to Milley was not intended by me and I apologise if it came across as such. 

Hopefully that cleared up any misunderstandings. Thanks for the chat. 

~ Link (formerly PA)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Kill his opposition, right now that opposition is working hard to jail him... that's so funny and at the same side sad that the US is just falling into these schemes. 

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, acidhead said:

WWE material. She's faking her outrage. 

Most Americans will believe this nonsense.  

The following photo is reality ----> 

GTY_trump_wedding_clintons_jef_150806_16x9_1600.thumb.jpg.cd385717b65312fccb13da5cf3bbb049.jpg

Hillary and Donald have the same nose! You know, I think there are some sparks between Bill and Melania too.. Notice she is holding his hand on her waist. Think she has seen where the chewing gum is stuck under the Resolute Desk?:devil: She never has that sparkle in her eyes around Donald. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, lightly said:

Remember what he exhorted them into screaming about the VP on the jan 6th storming failed insurrection he caused.

15 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Hillary and Donald have the same nose! 

Bill Clinton's nose is shaped like the head of a penis.  

🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Hillary and Donald have the same nose! You know, I think there are some sparks between Bill and Melania too.. Notice she is holding his hand on her waist. Think she has seen where the chewing gum is stuck under the Resolute Desk?:devil: She never has that sparkle in her eyes around Donald. 

No, she doesn't, around BOM she has that look like she's trying to to bend spoons with her mind, here is more of a happy she wore those special underwear,

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Why is anyone listening to Hillary?   🤪  🤣

Way to go hillybeast lose a vote or two from sleep Joe to BOM

21 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Bill Clinton's nose is shaped like the head of a penis.  

🤣

I will refer you to the thread about women liking "dad bods" and let you do your own speculation on nose shapes.

• Haha 1