Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ukraine Russia war: US House passes crucial aid deal worth $61bn

Still Waters

The House of Representatives has finally approved billions of dollars in new US military aid for Ukraine to help combat Russia's invasion.

The much-delayed measure had vocal opponents in Congress and it took a fragile bipartisan deal to get the $61bn (£49bn) package through.

Republicans said more than a third would be dedicated to replenishing weapons and ammunition.

It is unclear when the aid will arrive. The package will now go to the Senate, which is expected to pass it within the next few days before President Joe Biden signs it into law.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68848277

US Speaker Mike Johnson may pay political price for Ukraine deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68866912

• Like 4

About time. Honestly, I cannot believe there are Americans who relish a return to Europe being embroiled in total war. (Well, I can of course, with the likes of Trump and Tucker Carlson still getting support).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pellinore said:

About time. Honestly, I cannot believe there are Americans who relish a return to Europe being embroiled in total war. (Well, I can of course, with the likes of Trump and Tucker Carlson still getting support).

Hysterical much?  My only problem with Ukraine aid is the fact that no one in DC wants to be accountable AT ALL by having Inspectors General doing audits of where the BILLIONS are going.  Anyone that demands a blank check and no oversight is a damned THIEF...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, and-then said:

Hysterical much?  My only problem with Ukraine aid is the fact that no one in DC wants to be accountable AT ALL by having Inspectors General doing audits of where the BILLIONS are going.  Anyone that demands a blank check and no oversight is a damned THIEF...

No they are not, they are involved in an existential war. Help them crush Putin for you, and then do an audit. It is better than spilling US blood, which has always happened when things get out of hand in Europe because Europe is your bulwark against communism.

• Like 1

Believe it, because the media says so. :w00t:

ja2.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, and-then said:

Anyone that demands a blank check and no oversight is a damned THIEF...

I agree with you.  This amount of money should have strict audits in place.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

BS 

If it wasn't for Trump this 61 billion to Ukraine would never been brought to vote.  

On April 12, 2024 at Mar-A-Lago Johnson held a press conference with Trump where he announced it. 

https://apnews.com/article/israel-ukraine-aid-house-speaker-johnson-912a7419b00749fbc2f472df93f67bb1 

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Mike Johnson said Sunday he will try to advance wartime aid for Israel this week as he attempts the difficult task of winning House approval for a national security package that also includes funding for Ukraine and allies in Asia. 

1713747318255.thumb.jpg.e16413d13b2c8c153f123b533675d9f8.jpg

Here's more evidence Trump supported this 61 billion to Ukraine and convinced Mike Johnson to bring it to vote.

On Thursday April 18 he posted this on Truth Social. (Screenshot courtesy of yours truly) 

Screenshot_20240421-042935.thumb.png.228f6b9cb84771a8a3050eeba490f68c.png

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I agree with you.  This amount of money should have strict audits in place.

Just think all that money that went to Ukraine would have done for the US.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, and-then said:

Are you sure they are not doing audits?

4 hours ago, acidhead said:

If it wasn't for Trump this 61 billion to Ukraine would never been brought to vote.  

Well if you have any pull with him, can you ask him to make the sun rise again tomorrow?  Also a low tide would be good for clamming this weekend.  Do I need to buy some tennis shoes to get that?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well if you have any pull with him, can you ask him to make the sun rise again tomorrow?  Also a low tide would be good for clamming this weekend.  Do I need to buy some tennis shoes to get that?

?

21 minutes ago, acidhead said:

?

Playing dumb now?  We weren't supposed to know about your close connection with Trump?

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Playing dumb now?  We weren't supposed to know about your close connection with Trump?

Lindsay Graham,  "This would not have passed without Donald Trump". 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hawken said:

Just think all that money that went to Ukraine would have done for the US.

The vast majority of that money goes to the U.S. military to replace old and outdated arms that are transferred to Ukraine before being destroyed. Ukraine is seeing very little of that 61 billion 

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

Lindsay Graham,  "This would not have passed without Donald Trump". 

Channeling your inner Lindsey Graham? Like Shrek and onions, you have many layers.