Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Old Louisiana courthouse sees reports of 'unexplainable' occurrences


UM-Bot

Recommended Posts

  • The title was changed to Old Louisiana courthouse sees reports of 'unexplainable' occurrences

I don't know what renovations stir up but I had my most horrifying paranormal experience at a home being renovated.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, openozy said:

I don't know what renovations stir up but I had my most horrifying paranormal experience at a home being renovated.

The ONLY experience I've ever had with something I considered "paranormal" or unexplainable was in a house where we began renovating.  The house was built in the 70s, had no stories associated with it that we'd heard, and we'd lived there several years with no issues prior to beginning the renovation.  I've never been a person to believe in such things and neither had my wife.  We BOTH began experiencing a very strong sense that something was in a certain bedroom closet, after we began installing different trim and doing some painting in that room.

It got to the point where even our daughter avoided it and kept the door closed.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am also a believer that renovations to places with a history stir up paranormal activity.

Some spirits may not like their past environment getting modified? Trapped emotional energy being released?

Also physical activity can cause physical shifts and collapses.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am also a believer that renovations to places with a history stir up paranormal activity.

Some spirits may not like their past environment getting modified? Trapped emotional energy being released?

Also physical activity can cause physical shifts and collapses.

We are Christians so we dealt with it as believers in Christ will do.  We took some olive oil (symbol of the Holy Spirit) prayed over it for God to sanctify it for His purpose then prayed to invite the Holy Spirit into our home and used that oil to "annoint" that room and closet, especially.  The non-spiritual here will explain it in a different way but it worked and it worked IMMEDIATELY.  We never had another issue with that room or any other in our home.

It's difficult to describe the feeling we got prior to that but let's just say it seemed like something evil was there that hadn't been there before.  We began noticing it at the same time so it wasn't like one of us talked about it and put a suggestion in the other's mind.  We had to walk past that room coming from our bedroom or our daughter's bedroom so we walked past it many times a day and quite suddenly, we both began feeling as though someone was in the room when we were certain we were alone.  I'm talking spine chilling, skin-crawling kind of a response.  

  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you also pretend to drink his blood and cannibalize his flesh? ya know... for 'tradition' and good measure...
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Did you also pretend to drink his blood and cannibalize his flesh? ya know... for 'tradition' and good measure...

Whatever works.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Also physical activity can cause physical shifts and collapses.

I've never studied up on other's theories, and that's all they are with this but could you elaborate on this post papa as I'm interested in this, cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And coming down to earth,

As as cynical skeptic I find I have zero problems with paranormal anything,

I try to avoid bashing religion not fully sure why though, I sure can't grasp how some think praying ( wishing) will have a God change the universe to help them find their lost car keys when same God let the Holocaust happen,

Sure I'm a Jurassic goth but drinking blood? That's gross but most Christians I know of are rather blood thirsty and do anything besides living like Christ wanted them to. What's that word? Oh year, Hypocrite. Okay I'm not all spite I do envy that pseudo comfort some do find in religion.

As far as renovations to antique houses causing 999 happy haunts to party hardy Marty? I'm not buying it, even the OP story shows legit prosaic reasons weirdness happens,

My joint is a delightful example of a proclaimed haunted house so very horrible it almost trumps Amityville ( yeah, I know Amityville was and still is a hoax made up cash grab )

The seller who did happen to have a head injury was so very scared she lived in the next door garage camp out style, I made the joke to the Realtor if the joint isn't haunted do I get a rebate? I had a long list of things that could only be explained by haunts which I of course debunked and explained as mundane nothing's, so if you believe in haunts that's super but I have seen zero to prove to me that hauntings go no further that the believers mind.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, openozy said:

Whatever works.

Never tried it, does it work?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, openozy said:

I've never studied up on other's theories, and that's all they are with this but could you elaborate on this post papa as I'm interested in this, cheers.

Perhaps my sentence got misunderstood. It was not about the paranormal. Renovation can cause physical things to shift, creak and make noises that can be mistaken for paranormal activity. 
 

You know me. My mind works overtime too on ways to debunk the paranormal.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Perhaps my sentence got misunderstood. It was not about the paranormal. Renovation can cause physical things to shift, creak and make noises that can be mistaken for paranormal activity. 
 

You know me. My mind works overtime too on ways to debunk the paranormal.

No, your mind works double overtime to try to claim everything leans likely paranormal on that dropped bear meter.

But ty for admitting far more likely explanations are results of physical changes renovations do cause,

The previous owner in her long list of haunted things in this joint included a spooky in the upstairs bathroom wall / toilet drain pipe, even her ex did collaborate some not all her tales, the upstairs toilet is very old over 100 years , likely not original but is still a very cool box with chain idea, I had to mail order old antique parts to get it working, the toilet sits almost directly on top of the cast iron drain pipe that goes straight down to basement then connects to sewer,

When it flushes we are talking a lot of water pressure and related effects, one day I was sitting on floor messing with tub drain and thought I heard very distant church chimes, of course there is a church next door, but this was different like very low organ pipe sounds. Very much generic haunted house sounding,

As it turns out that long drain pipe is almost like a pipe of an organ or windchime tube. It sings. Makes music really weird stuff and if I mess with the pipe vents it changes, I sure can see how a scared credious believer could claim spookies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, quiXilver said:

Did you also pretend to drink his blood and cannibalize his flesh? ya know... for 'tradition' and good measure...

Is it something in the air out there that drives you people bat s hit crazy or are you simply working hard to be a good "daddy's boy"?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, and-then said:

We are Christians so we dealt with it as believers in Christ will do.  We took some olive oil (symbol of the Holy Spirit) prayed over it for God to sanctify it for His purpose then prayed to invite the Holy Spirit into our home and used that oil to "annoint" that room and closet, especially.  The non-spiritual here will explain it in a different way but it worked and it worked IMMEDIATELY.  We never had another issue with that room or any other in our home.

It's difficult to describe the feeling we got prior to that but let's just say it seemed like something evil was there that hadn't been there before.  We began noticing it at the same time so it wasn't like one of us talked about it and put a suggestion in the other's mind.  We had to walk past that room coming from our bedroom or our daughter's bedroom so we walked past it many times a day and quite suddenly, we both began feeling as though someone was in the room when we were certain we were alone.  I'm talking spine chilling, skin-crawling kind of a response.  

your posts were very intriguing, and-then. thanks for the contribution.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

your posts were very intriguing, and-then. thanks for the contribution.

Thanks for seeing how the post was meant to be perceived.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Perhaps my sentence got misunderstood. It was not about the paranormal. Renovation can cause physical things to shift, creak and make noises that can be mistaken for paranormal activity. 

I can see how those kinds of noises or vibrations could be perceived as paranormal.  I doubt I'd have made a mistake with something like that.  There was never any "noises" or visual disturbances.  This was a strong feeling of disquiet, even fear.  I found myself looking back over my shoulder and expecting someone to be there as I walked past that closed door, day or night.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

Never tried it, does it work?

It works if you are religious, it's all about intent. I could drink the blood and eat Christ's flesh all day with no benefit or result. In reality I think burning sage and stuff like that just makes you dismiss and ignore what's around you, it's all the state of mind.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

You know me. My mind works overtime too on ways to debunk the paranormal.

Don't know if you're joking but we always need to be skeptical first to rule things out as you know or it will be debunked.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, and-then said:

Is it something in the air out there that drives you people bat s hit crazy or are you simply working hard to be a good "daddy's boy"?

Isn't it Christian priests all in hot water over this "Daddy's boy" ideas?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, and-then said:

I can see how those kinds of noises or vibrations could be perceived as paranormal.  I doubt I'd have made a mistake with something like that.  There was never any "noises" or visual disturbances.  This was a strong feeling of disquiet, even fear.  I found myself looking back over my shoulder and expecting someone to be there as I walked past that closed door, day or night.

A sense of presence or paranoia sure doesn't equal some spooky in the room unless that's what the believer wants to believe.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, openozy said:

It works if you are religious, it's all about intent. I could drink the blood and eat Christ's flesh all day with no benefit or result. In reality I think burning sage and stuff like that just makes you dismiss and ignore what's around you, it's all the state of mind.

 

Mental illness , mushrooms and LSD etc are also states of mind.

Well, I agree sort a, I guess I and most people do a heck of a job subconsciously ignoring the ghost world around us I can't dismiss what isn't there for me, if I dont see it why would i care?

Sage sure does make some superstitions people feel better and of course all in their minds,

Let's say we are on a little boat fishing and flies are biting us to death, that's real we both experience it. We have dead flies we swatted we have bites on our skin,

But if we are in a haunted house and the spookys are only giving the believer hell and the believer has no bodies to show no bites then why would it matter at all the me?

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Mental illness , mushrooms and LSD etc are also states of mind.

And all of these states can be overwhelming and life changing, same as experiencing paranormal stuff.

 

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Well, I agree sort a, I guess I and most people do a heck of a job subconsciously ignoring the ghost world around us I can't dismiss what isn't there for me, if I dont see it why would i care?

I wouldn't say most people, 63% believe in the paranormal and more than half of those believe they have seen something of it but yeah, if I didn't witness it I wouldn't believe or care myself.

 

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

But if we are in a haunted house and the spookys are only giving the believer hell and the believer has no bodies to show no bites then why would it matter at all the me?

 

I'm not into haunted houses as a thing, I've seen and felt things in old and brand new unlived in houses. Things do seem to take up residence in empty homes and buildings, they are easily moved on. It doesn't have to mean anything to you, same as football means nothing to me because I'm not interested in it,

Edited by openozy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, openozy said:

And all of these states can be overwhelming and life changing, same as experiencing paranormal stuff.

 

I wouldn't say most people, 63% believe in the paranormal and more than half of those believe they have seen something of it but yeah, if I didn't witness it I wouldn't believe or care myself.

 

I'm not into haunted houses as a thing, I've seen and felt things in old and brand new unlived in houses. Things do seem to take up residence in empty homes and buildings, they are easily moved on. It doesn't have to mean anything to you, same as football means nothing to me because I'm not interested in it,

Problem is, this things are only in the experiencer mind, my rip buddy late 80s had a girl dump him so he eats LSD calls me Sunday early saying the sidewalk is gonna eat him I babysat him all day I heard all his wild delusions that where very real to him not reality.

I see due to total lack of supporting evidence paranormal to exist only in the mind of the experiencer.

I think my point gets lost, I don't know what percent of a polled group believe in paranormal and let's face it the % doesn't matter belief doesn't make it true, it doesn't matter what claims true believers make if no proof is offered it's no different than tales of the easter bunny and doesn't mean anything more.

Football is boring to me too never watched a game, but it is real and like all humans I do feel things like the sense of presence or I'm being watched but I subscribe that to how the human brain work not unproven ideas that entities are here with us.

I was talking to Tina the other day about this house doesn't scare me. While she doesn't believe in paranormal she's open to it being something but would have to see it, sometimes she's here alone and she's for lack of a better term scared to go upstairs, she actually avoid our old bedroom says it feels odd to her. Yet I want to move back into it I found it a comfortable room,

Blah blah blah babble babble, no, if paranormal is only something a few experience and all they have are story it's of no interest to me, lol, yet I'm here.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Problem is, this things are only in the experiencer mind, my rip buddy late 80s had a girl dump him so he eats LSD calls me Sunday early saying the sidewalk is gonna eat him I babysat him all day I heard all his wild delusions that where very real to him not reality.

I see due to total lack of supporting evidence paranormal to exist only in the mind of the experiencer.

I think my point gets lost, I don't know what percent of a polled group believe in paranormal and let's face it the % doesn't matter belief doesn't make it true, it doesn't matter what claims true believers make if no proof is offered it's no different than tales of the easter bunny and doesn't mean anything more.

Football is boring to me too never watched a game, but it is real and like all humans I do feel things like the sense of presence or I'm being watched but I subscribe that to how the human brain work not unproven ideas that entities are here with us.

I was talking to Tina the other day about this house doesn't scare me. While she doesn't believe in paranormal she's open to it being something but would have to see it, sometimes she's here alone and she's for lack of a better term scared to go upstairs, she actually avoid our old bedroom says it feels odd to her. Yet I want to move back into it I found it a comfortable room,

Blah blah blah babble babble, no, if paranormal is only something a few experience and all they have are story it's of no interest to me, lol, yet I'm here.

 

Just an observation but it seems your interest here has more to do with poking fun at people who do believe in the paranormal. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I was talking to Tina the other day about this house doesn't scare me. While she doesn't believe in paranormal she's open to it being something but would have to see it, sometimes she's here alone and she's for lack of a better term scared to go upstairs, she actually avoid our old bedroom says it feels odd to her. Yet I want to move back into it I found it a comfortable room,

It could and probably is that your wife is just more sensitive than you and has more primitive instincts. I feel a lot of people are just too comfortable living in a nanny state and disregard those gut feelings, there usually isn't a need for them now. If she is open to the possibility of this then she could experience it but I'm like her and need to see it to accept it. I'm in no way against people doubting this and some still don't think it's real after seeing something profoundly paranormal as it's very taxing on the mind and our whole being in many ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.